Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Worshipper

I remember the anticipation of starting zOMG. I had just got started on Gaia, and didn't have very many friends. zOMG was a new and amazing way to meet new people. I met some really awesome people on the way to completing the game. I was really sad to see it go. My Avi now is the one I used in the game. I had a friend whom I played almost continuously for two days to complete the saw mill boss. Does anyone remember how brutal that was. Almost the entire game up to that point was easily completed alone. But it took teamwork to defeat those saws. zOMG made Gaia come alive for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the forums, and the mini games, and the Avis, and all the hard work all the programmers put into Gaia. However, my return to Gaia this time was like returning to your hometown after college to find everything changed and your favorite resturant has burnt to the ground. crying
Nice welcome back: zOMG is gone. crying

Honestly I believe this was a huge mistake on Gaia's part. zOMG was the best and most popular feature here on Gaia. I don't know how long I'll stay now...

Instead of entirely removing a popular feature, just fix its problems. Simple as that.
My advice: bring zOMG back.

Dx Viiix's Senpai

Vampire

When zomg will return?

Distinct Smoker

6,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
I HOPE THEY BRING BACK zOMG. Seriously I just saw a post in my guild forum about this, I wrote this on that board:

Whew, pretty sad, looks like this will never come back. Had heard a year or two ago they were planning to bring it back. Now it doesn't look too probable. I missed this game though, had some people I enjoyed playing the game with and knew because we played that together. This would bring back a lot of people, if you look back.. well, there was about 16k people online around midnight tonight. I remember in the past, 200k+ sometimes.. That is too bad.

5,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
so zOMG is gone huh? A pity like many it was one of the best reasons for coming to gaia. Worse still I still got all these zOMG boxes and items from way back when they offered them in their cash cards. It seems the Gold problem is still a big issue as well and won't be fixed any time soon. Well I'll keep popping back now and then but these days all I ever get is announcements about new cash shop items never anything about events or new gold items. Gaia has either gotten greedy or desperate neither are very promising futures for this once great site.
Ah...Sad day, I liked soloing in zOMG, it gave me something to do. As for the market, I went to check some old items and they sell for 12,000,000 and I was like "OMG that is amazing!" and then I looked at the prices for most items and my happiness died. Any old Gaians remember in 2007 when some of the most expensive items were only a couple mil? crying

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Delbar
Ah...Sad day, I liked soloing in zOMG, it gave me something to do. As for the market, I went to check some old items and they sell for 12,000,000 and I was like "OMG that is amazing!" and then I looked at the prices for most items and my happiness died. Any old Gaians remember in 2007 when some of the most expensive items were only a couple mil? crying

^ This. Seriously, I came on and saw that some items that I might have been able to afford a year or so back are now in like...the billions. The billions. Radiant Prism sold for over 1 billion and I'm like "The heck?"

AND ZOMG is gone, that's just like...unbelievable.

Special Noob

I MISS ZOMG crying
I was on this before Zomg was created where everybody looked cheap virtual sex etc. now its all dead crying crying

Neophyte Warlord

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Brandisher 100
This might mean new positive effects like buffs and rage fixments also new enemys and danger zones! biggrin biggrin

Spoopy Phantom

10,150 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Candy Fiend 150
Michaeldbest
This might mean new positive effects like buffs and rage fixments also new enemys and danger zones! biggrin biggrin

I really wish this were true....but it's unlikely that they are in the process of fixing our favorite game. It seems that most of what Gaia focuses on right now is just selling cool avatar equipment and making it so you can equip/un-equip said items easier and also how to make what avatar you wish to buy things for in an easier way (the Avatar Builder that replaces tektek).

4,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I just came back on after over a year to find Zomg gone and the marketplace prices skyrocketed to numbers higher than i knew gaia had... wtf?! I spent hours grinding zomg for gold and it was great to make friends on there. Anyways after a year i saved up 3mil...and now i find out that with real money u can make that back in a single day! what. happened. to. the, staff. did they die? why in their right minds would they destroy something great that so many loved? if nothing else why couldnt they just slow down the gold intake or keep it as a non-gold-earning game? then at least we could all use our stuff that we worked so hard to upgrade/get.

Hilarious Genius

Ahh I can't wait for this update! heart

Spoopy Phantom

10,150 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Candy Fiend 150
JuneauAlaska
Ahh I can't wait for this update! heart

What update? If you heard they're going to update ZONG! I wanna know too!

Brainsplode's Significant Otter

wow, is this really true? i just logged in after such a long time just to play zomg (and the only reason i'm logged in here is to play it) and it's gone surprised
ok good bye then. hope you guys will make a sequel. i love the gameplay mechanics, honestly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff