Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
You said you were going to fix it, but decided to give up on it? ******** you. You know why you failed (and this is being generous in the assumption that you even attempted to fix it) is because you don't have any that many devs left. You kept moving devs around to do other things when you should have kept a dedicated team for zOMG. Don't give us a bullshit reason that you closed it because you couldn't fix it. It just wasn't profitable for you.
EDIT: Announcement here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/update-on-zomg-maintenance/t.94749579/

Perfect Saint

According to the last AtS, we were supposed to get some posting regarding the status of the game. Week not over yet. Will hold on rage until then.

Just saw the announcement.

3...2...1.... classified_fu

Removal Rumor CONFIRMED now I used the wrong term.

Scompiglio's Wife

I kind of expected it, considering no work had been done on it for so long. It never left beta stage and even then... There were many issues. I hope that somehow we get at least something good for all the effort we put into the game.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I knew it too! *sigh*

Edit - I doubt there was any work on zOMG to begin with. zOMG was buggy and all, but it was still playable. Gaia was probably trying to cut server costs by pretending as though they were fixing it with the intention to remove it. Then again, nobody apart from those at Gaia HQ can prove such a claim, and Gaia loves that.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Yep.
It's sad, because they could have made it really fun and profitable if they'd wanted to, with just a little effort.
But putting out any effort at all is probably what scared them away.

It makes me wonder if this is the beginning of the end? First Tentacl shuts down, then zOMG.... what next?

Mega Hoarder

i knew from the first that this was their plan, tho we all tried to be optimistic and to trust gaia... HA! Gaia you suck!

Liquid Liner's Compadre

Monster Dabbler

Myrielle
According to the last AtS, we were supposed to get some posting regarding the status of the game. Week not over yet. Will hold on rage until then.

Removal Rumor BUSTED!

I think you took his words out of context when he ment actively worked on he was referring to bug fixes happening all the time ect
Quote:
Sadly, the changes needed were extensive and due to both hardware and Engineering limitations

My bullshit detector is off the charts.

User Image

Spooky Researcher

20,775 Points
  • Bunstroyer 100
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • There are two sides... 50
Actual website shutdowns, longer loading due to cheaper servers, aka lag.

They are cutting back on operations, I think due to bad decisions and lack of funding. It is clear it is a slow spiral of death we are heading to.

Their side-project tentacl is also shutting down, so it means their venture there also failed.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Well, this is indeed bullshit. Gaia's ADD with features has come to unjustly bite the users who played the game in the a**. Focus on the damn core of your business before branching out like a wild vine. Nobody asked for Tentacle, facebook game apps, Monster Galaxy, Heralds of Chaos, etc. HQ does all this s**t because they think it's what we want.

However, when our opinions are voiced, they are ignored. Now, due to their shortsightedness, a game that I loved is gone. They need to get their s**t together and act like a proper business that actually knows what it's doing.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
God forbid any of them actually work on anything they can't sell... classified_fu
as if this site cant get any worse.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
KuraiSakura

They are cutting back on operations, I think due to bad decisions and lack of funding. It is clear it is a slow spiral of death we are heading to.

Their side-project tentacl is also shutting down, so it means their venture there also failed.

Thank you for informing us about Tentacl's shut down. I didn't know about it until you mentioned it and I searched it up. It's kind of funny rofl .

I'm not surprised Tentacl is shutting down. It was a waste of Gaia Interactive's *cough*Gaia Online's*cough funds to begin with and was an embarrassment as a whole.

Perfect Saint

Vindictive Resolve
Myrielle

Removal Rumor BUSTED!

I think you took his words out of context when he ment actively worked on he was referring to bug fixes happening all the time ect
I don't think I did. That was to dispel the rumor that the maintenance was some spin that zOMG will be removed. If there was some misunderstanding, then it's the usual Gaia not being straightforward.
The only positive spin there would be that "at the time" ZO definitely believed that there was no reason for the zOMG to be removed until this realization that the game was just too hard for them to fix.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
KuraiSakura

Site slow down the other day was not due to cheap servers or lag, but rather, issues that were out of our control. It is not indicative of any plans to shut Gaia down or cutting back on operations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff