Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green Smoker

Empress Boa
Morgue

I'm just frustrating as hell when they produce products & features that get pulled because they don't meet expectations or something else happens. Gaians are sure loyal, especially when they are happy with how the site is being run. Not sure how others may feel but when projects & features keep getting scrapped it makes me a skeptic about investing time or money into it. Got burned too badly with Heralds of Chaos & Monster Galaxy.

im still waiting for the arena makeover as well as community pages but maybe those were failed attempts as well..

Or that inventory arranger update that keeps getting pushed back.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
Ninja Katze
AleNeko
Ninja Katze
I had some kind of experience with coding, so I will never say it's easy of course, neither that everyone codes the same way. I also know that one person alone cannot write the code for a game of course, mine was an example, but I still wished they took care of the zOMG question in a different way and I believe they could, even by being more honest about it.
Most of their fails are due to a bad business strategy, bad advertising tactics and what I would call unwariness: those things shouldn't have repercussions on the userbase, not all the damn times at least!
I really understand the direction you're coming from, that's why I was already expecting a closure when they announced a maintenance on the game: I'm sure that, like me, most people knew beforehand that zOMG wasn't going to be fixed, nor put back online.
What I'm mad about is we are being considered like sheeps, amoebae, brainless walking wallets.
What I am mad about, is the bunch of lies and the lack of tact.

I understand. I'm not trying to defend their position, just point out to people that the act of coding takes a long time. Some, not you, think that they can just replace the code, or just replace the game in a snap. We both know this is not something that can happen.

Big business is a b***h, and most companies see people as mindless cattle to be sent to slaughter. It isn't just Gaia. I've only ever worked for retail corporations, and they all look at people, even their workers, this way. It's humanitarian to say you provide health insurance, however, that health insurance might not be very useful, and does it really matter if you're one of the largest employers of people on welfare? That's Wal-mart for you though, and honestly, Gaia isn't much better than Wal-mart. I worked for wally world, and they will liquidate an entire section just to stop a union from being formed, which is why they don't butcher their own meat anymore. They shut down an entire facility in Canada over the same thing, no unions. They cut the fabric section because when Sam Walton's wife finally died, (she was an avid quilter) they decided that they needed to cut that section completely in favor of expanding the entire thing into a huge party section. That backfired and now the fabric section is back and the party section was cut down by a lot. Both Gaia and Wal-mart have some great staffers, some not so great, but both have higher ups that don't truly care about customer experience calling the shots.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

======================================

Sorry for interrupting like this I just wanted to say that thanks to your conversation with 2 other users I sort of now know how hard coding is and actually understand why Gaia Interactive pulled the plug on zOMG!
In a way I think that they were expecting to do just that, knew that there would be a uproar with the community, but just had to make that decision to do it sad
Kinda sad really but like one person said on here Gaia Online isn't a MMO Site but I will give them the thumbs up for trying ^^

======================================

Timid Lover

Really disappointed that we don't have zomg on gaia anymore. The site feels kind of empty without it. emotion_8c

Hardened Humorist

I am disappointed.

I had a feeling that zOMG wasn't going to come back. Those that made it n babied it are probably long gone. And I am glad that I enjoyed it when I could.
In the golden age~

And once the updates halted on tentacl, that was a bad sign. I believe they could've made money if they had a similar shop /updates as Gaia. That and thought it out better... no market/exchange either.
I am going to miss that sexy avatar of mine over there. This has me greatly disturbed, lol!

Things come and go~ :'x

Riisa Rose's Princess

Sugary Bunny

~ ~ ~ ~
I have to say that I am very happy to see that they are not going to proceed with Tentcl any longer. The site was really unnecessary and they put way too much money into getting it out there. I hope that the loss of that site allows them to focus on Gaia 100% now.

As for the loss of zOMG, that's a big hit to the Gaia Community. I personally never cared for playing zOMG, but I know a lot of people who made their Gaia "living" by playing it daily. The introduction of zOMG was a huge deal for Gaia and had seemed like it was doing wonderful for a long time. I think that's really going to impact the membership of Gaia. With the loss of zOMG it makes me worry even more about the future of Gaia.

Angelic Friend

I was honestly just getting into zOMG! :c
It was pretty fun and I'm sad it's not coming back, although I already had a feeling it wouldn't be. Once they take things, they rarely give it back.

Unforgiving Gaian

Gaia inc. should realize for their own sake that royally pissing off the majority of their Gaia members will make it hard to start any new website, however brilliant its concept might be. With Gaia 2014 they have created a user base that is determined to hate them wherever they go.

I'd say they can only successfully create a new website if they completely detach it from Gaia. But to start without any users at all will be difficult.

Tenacious Hellhound

Himemiya Neko
My only question is, is this actually real?
I'd love to see a PM of the message.

Never used Tentacl, so I'm not sad to see it go,
but I didn't expect it to shut down so soon.

I had to visit it just to see how it would turn out.

Mostly crap, like a giant chatterbox and people posting n***s on one end with people who actually just wanted to talk, tv shows, books or whatever on the other.

Mostly nice people actually.

There was also a budding rp community which appeared okay.
I feel sorry for them since they will lose their hangout but maybe they will come/return to gaia and find an acceptable space here for their roleplays

Dangerous Explorer

I always thought tentacl would shut down, it lasted a few more months than I thought it would though. It's just such a poorly done site, it's really their own fault it's shutting down. What a waste of time and money. I feel sorry for users who spend their money there, and for devs who got pulled over to work on it.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'm happy to see Tentacl go. All the resources went into that site could have been spent on improving this one.

I was never super into zOMG, but it's still sad to see it go since it was once the most anticipated feature on here, and it is clearly very well loved.

Their reason for shutting zOMG is suspicious though.

Victim

sometimes gaia inc reminds me of a bunch of 14 year olds doing a group project that they think is gonna look awesome and blow everybody's minds, but then it's some shitty model made out of taped together toilet paper rolls and they get a C and cry over it

King Noob

Just wondering, did they charge any money on tentacl?

And that was a short life there. Adding it to the list of gaia's epic fails/stupid decisions. Such a long list.

Time-traveling Lunatic

Not really surprised about Tentacl, The avatars were ugly, The layout was confusing and kinda a pain to use. The only thing that had it going for it was Reapersun art thread over there ,that I checked out sometimes, but just one thing is not enough to keep me ( or anyone)there. Sad to see ZOMG go through ninja

Time-traveling Lunatic

Grace Gubreez

And that was a short life there. Adding it to the list of gaia's epic fails/stupid decisions. Such a long list.

Yep just like Gaia you could get GC to buy stuff, but It was never tempting for me as I found the avatars ugly lol

King Noob

Sakuraus
Grace Gubreez

Yep just like Gaia you could get GC to buy stuff, but It was never tempting for me as I found the avatars ugly lol

eek Wooooooooow. I feel really bad for people who spent money on that site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff