Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Giver

14,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but it's the discussion area so I figured it would be fine.

My idea is to have an event similar to back when gaia had the theaters and hosted the Bee Movie event. Back when they had the event, you watched a quick clip in the gaia cinema, and got a suit from the bee movie. You would then equip it, fly around into trees into the bee hives, etc, and do a certain quest and get the pollen gun as a reward.

Weill, I have an idea for something similar, but with a Halloween theme. It involves the Little Reapers. Basically, join the event, and you get a little reaper or clothing item that turns you into one. You then go around Towns 1 or 2, depending on what people suggest more, and harvest souls wandering around the map. After getting a certain amount of souls of certain types, you redeem them in exchange for a event specific item. Would be fun for Halloween, and a nice chance to get a rare, limited event item.

Gaia hasn't done something like this in years from my understanding, and it has been missed dearly. I think it would be a good way to give people something to do, and to give gaia a good name again. Maybe bring back the cinemas for it as well since I know quiet a few people who missed them a lot.

Unfortunately, I know gaia can't just do something like this hocus pocus. We need someone to basically plan it and lay out a basic idea. And to do that, well, someone would have to have a Project Amethyst Ticket. Unfortunately, there is no listings for one at the moment, and they aren't exactly cheap. I am questing for one, but with no luck so far (No this isn't a beg or questing thread, it's just a mention).

Anyway, what do you all think? Good idea? Bad idea? Why do you think it's good/bad? Idea's for an item that can be used for the event? Etc? Let me and gaia know what you guys think!

Magical Phantom

sounds fun to me. wink

yum_pumpkinpie

Undead Enchantress

Sounds fun. I think the Bee thing was possible because of the sponsorship money infusion to get things done and done big. Not sure if Gaia does things this big anymore.
Towns 1 is definitely out since the coding is outdated and buggy and slated for the junk heap. Towns 2...maybe.

Generous Giver

14,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Erynne
Sounds fun. I think the Bee thing was possible because of the sponsorship money infusion to get things done and done big. Not sure if Gaia does things this big anymore.
Towns 1 is definitely out since the coding is outdated and buggy and slated for the junk heap. Towns 2...maybe.

I agree. And I realize bee movie was a sponsorship deal, same with skittles. However I still think it would be nice for Gaia to do something like this. Considering it hasn't been done in years that is.

Generous Giver

14,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

King Noob

- - -
I like the idea, sounds like good fun.
But yeah, dunno if Gaia can afford it.
Maybe if they injected an option to pay for flash-space ammo of some sort...

Sigh. I doubt they'll ever top the NPC interaction in towns 1 during that halloween event.
Oh mother ship. You are missed. Those were good times.
- - -

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
That sounds like an interesting idea. I don't know that Gaia would do it with a more competitive aspect, though (since the users seem to want to pick sides). So what if you chose to be "reaper" or a "planter" (arbitrary words, there), and you either went around stealing souls or putting them back. With a bit of thought, this idea could actually be incorporated into zOMG!'s animated quite well.

Generous Giver

14,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Reed Meroe
That sounds like an interesting idea. I don't know that Gaia would do it with a more competitive aspect, though (since the users seem to want to pick sides). So what if you chose to be "reaper" or a "planter" (arbitrary words, there), and you either went around stealing souls or putting them back. With a bit of thought, this idea could actually be incorporated into zOMG!'s animated quite well.

I wasn't looking at it as a competitive aspect. Think of it like Runescape events. You basically start off with basic knowledge of it, and possible an item, go into the event, and get free items in return. Gaia has done stuff like this in the past, albeit it's been a while. I think it would bring at least some fun back to gaia. Not to mention, there's also the fact that the reapers are cute. I mean who doesn't love the little reapers?

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Oh man!

I would love to do some Gaia-sanctioned Diedrich events!

I try to plan my own events to make up for it!

I got one going on right now if you want to check it out!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Today is the last day to nominate an NPC for the coveted Vice President spot if you want in on it)

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

I actually really like the idea of this.
It would make me want to participate in an event for once.

Generous Giver

14,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Sounds pretty much like caroling/trick or treating in towns 1.

Generous Giver

14,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Castiel Lover
Sounds pretty much like caroling/trick or treating in towns 1.

Unfortunately I wasn't here for that. So I am not sure what it was like.

Kurd Jam's Significant Otter

Countess Confectioner

59,975 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Edgiest 250
I'd be thrilled to have an event that involved a treasure hunt of some sort. Something more involved than clicking on other peoples avatars in the forums.
It's a very cute concept that I think they'd really have no problem doing. Sadly times have changed, though. It's not like how it was before, and not in a good way.A kickstarter would probably have to be started, which is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. A ticket also wouldn't work, for the only thing that offers is access to your own forum, 1 NPC that will quote people, and only 1 item freebie. It's not like you can design your own event- as in decide if there will be things in town/shops/something special happening other than a freebie. So it's pretty depressing. But I do like your idea tho!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff