Total Votes:[ 116 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Fashionable Shopper

thewaitingtree
LilPinkCandy
thewaitingtree
LilPinkCandy
thewaitingtree
Male/female soaps are mostly a crock of bullshit - designed to bilk money out of the customer. Your skin doesn't define itself in gender. Moving on.

I use dove 'for sensitive skin' bar soap.
I have sensitive skin, can't handle strong scents (allergies, yo) and have dry skin.. so...
This soap works pretty well for me. I still moisturize after a shower anyway. (oh and taking hot hot showers will dry out your skin faster. try to take cooler showers.)

The difference is in smells. There are definitely more manly scents and womanly scents which is what draws people to each of those. Personally though, I use Aveeno or St. Ives oatmeal and shea butter. Recently I bought the St. Ives and got a big thing of Aveeno lotion. I'm hoping that's more cost-effective than washing with expensive stuff everyday to avoid itchy skin...

I rarely wash with girly scents anymore since my skin hates me now. Makes me sad because I love Bath and Body Works!

Lol. Thanks.
I forgot soaps have smells! sweatdrop

I can't use many scented products. My skin hates it, but also - I have an allergic reaction to a lot of scents. My eyes water, my nose will run or stuff up, and I start blowing my nose and sneezing and it's awful. In the shower - my eyes sting and burn from scents. >.<

That's terrible! No wonder you forgot they have scents! My body wash needs to have oatmeal or shea butter in it. My mom is allergic to certain scents like vanilla and other strong ones when she goes in a perfume shop or bath and body works. Her eyes water and stuff just from walking past the store in the mall. It's horrible.

Your skin must really be sensitive and need moisture! (but shea butter is fantastic stuff, isn't it?!?!)

I know exactly how your mother feels. That is totally me!

Well, I mean it could be my fault... I take really hot showers and prefer to be really warm rather than cool or cold....

It's good but I prefer oatmeal because it works better. I'm not quite done with my Aveeno yet (probably a day or so left) so I haven't tried the St. Ive's wash with the Aveeno lotion.

Magical Tree

LilPinkCandy
thewaitingtree
LilPinkCandy
thewaitingtree
LilPinkCandy
thewaitingtree
Male/female soaps are mostly a crock of bullshit - designed to bilk money out of the customer. Your skin doesn't define itself in gender. Moving on.

I use dove 'for sensitive skin' bar soap.
I have sensitive skin, can't handle strong scents (allergies, yo) and have dry skin.. so...
This soap works pretty well for me. I still moisturize after a shower anyway. (oh and taking hot hot showers will dry out your skin faster. try to take cooler showers.)

The difference is in smells. There are definitely more manly scents and womanly scents which is what draws people to each of those. Personally though, I use Aveeno or St. Ives oatmeal and shea butter. Recently I bought the St. Ives and got a big thing of Aveeno lotion. I'm hoping that's more cost-effective than washing with expensive stuff everyday to avoid itchy skin...

I rarely wash with girly scents anymore since my skin hates me now. Makes me sad because I love Bath and Body Works!

Lol. Thanks.

I can't use many scented products. My skin hates it, but also - I have an allergic reaction to a lot of scents. My eyes water, my nose will run or stuff up, and I start blowing my nose and sneezing and it's awful. In the shower - my eyes sting and burn from scents. >.<

That's terrible! No wonder you forgot they have scents! My body wash needs to have oatmeal or shea butter in it. My mom is allergic to certain scents like vanilla and other strong ones when she goes in a perfume shop or bath and body works. Her eyes water and stuff just from walking past the store in the mall. It's horrible.

Your skin must really be sensitive and need moisture! (but shea butter is fantastic stuff, isn't it?!?!)

Well, I mean it could be my fault... I take really hot showers and prefer to be really warm rather than cool or cold....

It's good but I prefer oatmeal because it works better. I'm not quite done with my Aveeno yet (probably a day or so left) so I haven't tried the St. Ive's wash with the Aveeno lotion.

I've used the Aveeno lotion with oatmeal. It helped my hands a lot (and doesn't have a strong scent! biggrin ).
I've never really tried St. Ives though. How are they compared to Aveeno, do you know?

Fashionable Shopper

thewaitingtree
LilPinkCandy
thewaitingtree
LilPinkCandy
thewaitingtree

Lol. Thanks.

I've used the Aveeno lotion with oatmeal. It helped my hands a lot (and doesn't have a strong scent! biggrin ).
I've never really tried St. Ives though. How are they compared to Aveeno, do you know?

It's not as strong as Aveeno so I'm planning to use it with Aveeno lotion daily. Partly because of the price tag (and the Aveeno off-brand is also not as good) and partly to get into a moisturizing routine. I still got a day or two left of the Aveeno so I haven't tried it yet but have used it before. It smells like Oatmeal and Shea Butter. I also don't want to be dependent on oatmeal washes either since I like Bath and Body Works. With lotion I have found that shea butter works well. I figure I'd buy Aveeno wash again when I get poison Ivy again... which will happen and thankfully won't be a $100 thing anymore...

My husband and my mother in law think that I have it but my itchy spots are going away. Poison ivy doesn't just go away on it's own for me so it can't possibly be that. I've been wondering if it's break out from lack of moisturizing and taking extremely hot showers. I've had my husband come in the shower and be like "WHY DO YOU BURN YOURSELF?!" and my response is just like "oops i forgot not everyone isn't me". sweatdrop I literally come out red.... gonk
Mostly bar soap, but I don't have a preference as long as it fulfills its purpose and is inexpensive.

Lonely Genius

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I prefer body wash, but every now and then i'll use a bar of soap

Tipsy Codger

surprised Winter is harsh and the bar soap seems to be making my skin dryer so I'm gonna try out body wash

Enduring Phantom

Liquid...I feel like bar soap is funky or something, it doesn't make me feel clean

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
I use bars of soap.

I used to use body wash, but there was one I used that gave my blisters 'down there,' and found that I did ok with my husband's soap (usually not sensitive. Generally it's Ivory or Irish Spring. I'll use body wash if I suspect I have to see my mom and need the nice smell to linger.

Loiterer

I mostly use hibiclens (which is liquid), and then whatever liquid body soap is on sale for the places hibiclens can't go (read the label, yo).

Honestly, been amazing since I started using hibiclens. It's in the pharmacy section next to the alcohol and peroxide.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I have super dry, sensitive skin, and I use bar soap, Dove. It may be cocoa butter or something. I don't remember. The crazy smells make me itch, but there's a few scented ones I can use.

All the liquid body washes dry my skin out, though.

I'm also trying that in-shower body lotion from Nivea. The kind you put on in the shower, then rinse off? It smells kind of weird and makes everything slippery, but it seems to kind of work.

Bashful Bookworm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dove has always been fine for my skin and it goes through phases where it's sensitive and then not.

I use whatever I have really, right now it's liquid.
I want to get one of those vertical shelves for showers though before using a delicious smelling bar of soap I got as a gift though.
I don't like the way soap sticks to the edges of the tub without something to sit on.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Organic soaps tend to come in Bars...All those chemicals found in a lot of liquid soaps,lotions and shampoos can increase your risk for certain types of cancers so try to purchase organic soaps and products❤
I use body wash, with a nice, rough, loofa stick.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
Body wash with a loofa stick. Dove's Sensitive skin version is my new favorite. It smells really good and makes my skin feel soft.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff