Do you use the Animal base?

Not at all. 0.36231884057971 36.2% [ 25 ]
Sometimes. 0.34782608695652 34.8% [ 24 ]
Most of the time. 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
I'm a Perma-Paw! 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2

Anxious Cub

I really hope we get more event items. I love the animal bases.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
crying Can we have a little animal pumpkin patch item in Rina's shop???

beg for your life's Partner In Crime

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Invisible Spark

Teacup456

User Image

I agree! I would happily go through a second time to get matching animal sets!
And plus that way, only the people who want the animal items have to get them. No more human avis with items they don't want, and animal avatars get their items as well.

I love it! I wonder if they'll actually do it though...?
I like this suggestion. At least we get something different the 2nd round and it'd be good for new users who prefer the animal avatars. Even though I don't use it as much I don't mind.

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Obsessive Hoarder

39,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
I have a tissue
Actually, it's not really an "exaggeration". It's 100% truth that Animal avis get the short end of the stick.

I dislike the Animal avatars. It aggravates me that they are only half the time called [Animal] and the other half "Paws". In fact, it's irritating that they are called "Paws" when there are birds, fish-things and whatever else that have talons, flippers, wings and claws. I cannot express how much it annoys me when Gaia's been mostly humanoid this whole time.

BUT- and there is a REALLY BIG BUT there- If they are going to waste the time and money in bringing out the feature then they should keep it up. Otherwise it's as bad as everything else they have made and never updated or kept up. That's just a bad history to have and I wish they would knock it off.

If I had to wager a guess, "Paw" refers to the paw icon shown on almost every animal item, regardless of the type of animal it is. Hence, "paws".

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Conis
If I had to wager a guess, "Paw" refers to the paw icon shown on almost every animal item, regardless of the type of animal it is. Hence, "paws".

Or just because the [Animal]-base-exclusive forum is called Paws. Personally I use both terms depending on what I'm saying and when and where and whatnot.

As far as the topic goes - I can understand if Gaia doesn't want to give everybody two of the same item and personally I've never been big on trick-or-treating so it would bug me to no end if I had to do twice as much just to get the items, but maybe do something where you have to choose at the start of the event or whenever you join in, before doing any sort of collecting, whether you're getting human or [Animal] - and then that's it, you get one or the other for the whole event, no collecting both or getting this one day and that the other, no sacrifice on how many items the humans get or forcing [Animal] items on them, but those of us who choose to use the [Animal] bases aren't being left out either by only getting a fraction of the items. Otherwise base it on avatar when collecting - "you're an [Animal] so here's your [Animal] item; you're a human, here's your human item" - it may suck for those who do switch between the two more and want full sets but again it keeps it fair.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff