Welcome to Gaia! ::

As someone who identifies as queer and doesn't like either male or female pronouns, I usually just accept either, because asking people to actually use queer pronouns is asking too much because people just don't give a s**t or are not informed. Worse is really for trans people, miss use of pronouns is an every day fight and when people get them right it's like a small victory inside of you.
Discuss.
wat does being queer have 2 do w/ gender identify??? queer is a sexual orientation. i think u mean non binary
napalm deth s
wat does being queer have 2 do w/ gender identify??? queer is a sexual orientation. i think u mean non binary

No, queer.
Queer, queergender, queer politics, queer feminism are all discussing gender politics.
Queer people are people who do not identify with binary gender definitions and view gender as constant social performance.
See the works of Judith Butler on queer politics for example.

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
From now on you will address me as "El".
Ecocide
napalm deth s

No, queer.
Queer, queergender, queer politics, queer feminism are all discussing gender politics.
Queer people are people who do not identify with binary gender definitions and view gender as constant social performance.
ya sorry but most ppl who identify as queer are referring 2 their sexual orientation. i also think its unfair 2 say that "Queer people are people who do not identify with binary gender definitions and view gender as constant social performance" bc thats just not tru....... i am queer and cis like
Genyusai
lol
napalm deth s
Ecocide
napalm deth s

No, queer.
ya sorry but most ppl who identify as queer are referring 2 their sexual orientation. i also think its unfair 2 say that "Queer people are people who do not identify with binary gender definitions and view gender as constant social performance" bc thats just not tru....... i am queer and cis like

Queer means everyone outside of the cis or heteronormative confines of identity since the 60's. Feminists have been using the word to define non binary people and non cis politics for 50 years.

Victory

Maybe if you didn't constantly redefine terms with commonly known definitions (such as queer:sexual orientation), and use redefined words without defining them to others because you expect them to just

I CBa to even finish my full response ur brain is trash

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ecocide
Genyusai
lol

See? No one gives a crap. Pronouns are BS drama-queen tunblrina nonsense. I couldn't care less what someone identifies them self as, I will treat them the way they act.
Ecocide
napalm deth s
Ecocide
napalm deth s

No, queer.

Queer means everyone outside of the cis or heteronormative confines of identity since the 60's. Feminists have been using the word to define non binary people and non cis politics for 50 years.
its like u keep saying things but not actually addressing what i say... its exhausting. bye
ecstasy frost
Maybe if you didn't constantly redefine terms with commonly known definitions (such as queer:sexual orientation), and use redefined words without defining them to others because you expect them to just

Search for queer feminism, queer politics, queer anarchism, gender performance, etc.
I didn't constantly change it. I've always known queer as meaning this.
Perhaps it means something else to americans, but everyone in Europe that isn't cis uses the term queer.
napalm deth s
Ecocide
napalm deth s
Ecocide
napalm deth s

No, queer.

its like u keep saying things but not actually addressing what i say... its exhausting. bye

What are you talking about? All my life I've heard queer means this, and I've grown up in Africa and Europe and specially Europe, everyone for the last 30 years uses queer to define non binary.
Perhaps it means something else to americans.
Genyusai
Ecocide
Genyusai
lol

See? No one gives a crap. Pronouns are BS drama-queen tunblrina nonsense. I couldn't care less what someone identifies them self as, I will treat them the way they act.

"Treat them the way they act", so you think there are male ways to act and female ways to act? I identify as neither and don't want to be considered neither, so you are ******** offending me by referring to me as one of those groups.

Victory

Ecocide
ecstasy frost

Search for queer feminism, queer politics, queer anarchism, gender performance, etc.
I didn't constantly change it. I've always known queer as meaning this.
Perhaps it means something else to americans, but everyone in Europe that isn't cis uses the term queer.

>that isn't cis

Is your audience in this post all non-cis? Do you ******** understand how education/persuasion works and how to be effective at both?
Queer is an umbrella term for sexual and gender minorities that are not heterosexual, or gender-binary. Originally meaning strange or peculiar, queer developed a usage as a pejorative term for homosexual in the late 19th century. Beginning in the late 1980s, some political and social LGBT groups began to reappropriate the word to establish community and assert a political identity, with it becoming the preferred term to describe some academic disciplines and gaining use as a descriptor of non-heterosexual identities. Queer may be used by those who reject traditional gender identities as a broader, less conformist, and deliberately ambiguous alternative to LGBT.

The term is now used in the name of some academic disciplines, such as queer theory, to denote a general opposition to binary thinking. Queer arts, queer cultural groups, and queer political groups are examples of expressions of queer identities.

Criticisms of queer include those who associate the term with its pejorative usage and those who associate it with political radicalism.

IT MEANS BOTH

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces