Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Bookworm

Guys, I am sure Gaia's own staff have been doing this kind of things for years just it's noticeable now because of how it went down probably. I dunno what genius thought putting 133tril in the marketplace wouldn't be caught.

I just can't even think what a staff would want with a ticket aside from selling it on there own to get double back. Which that's pretty crappy or to get an item even rarer but I can't think of one or to ******** with the marketplace.

I am just so baffled with how Gaia's not responding to this. If they don't' respond by the end of the week then all I can say is they are cowards and it's probably all true.

Gaia just keeps rolling down the hill. The question is when will all this lunacy stop?

Timid Kitten

Chibi Halo

Being concerned with where the site is headed is one thing and very reasonable to be thinking about because who isn't concerned about something on this site now-a-days. It's just the accusatory nature of this thread and the sheer number of people who believe the circumstantial evidence is what worry's me more. Whether or not the intent of this thread was to incite a witch hunt is neither here nor there now. The fact remains the longer this thread is allowed to continue the more of a witch hunt this will become because of one alarming spike in the marketplace.

Are you claiming that this "circumstantial" evidence is not compelling? That despite the fact that we don't have a screenshot of the admin generating the gold, that the abnormality of this event should not be acknowledged? And if it were, should it be considered a bannable offense as you suggest?

In other words, it's only appropriate if the accusations can be proved without a shadow of a doubt, and since that is unreasonable; you're essentially stating that Gaia should ban anyone who ever questions them. No matter how rational their argument may be.

No situation is ever so clean cut, if no one stood up for what they believed in when they felt others and themselves were being wronged then many people to this day would still be manipulated and controlled by others. I don't see this as a Witch Hunt, I see this as someone acknowledging a reasonable and highly suspicious connection to a situation that many users have described as abnormal.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Zero Omega's response in the SF thread, for those of you looking for staff response.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300

User Image

User Image
Gaia wants to silence me.
I want to make it known before the thread starts getting edited out.

Fashionable Bookworm

Sakura Latte
Zero Omega's response in the SF thread, for those of you looking for staff response.

Not sure how I feel right now.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I actually didn't really believe most of the theories in the other thread, although I do realized that it sold for 133 tril. Like who the ******** has that kind of dough, the only way that amount is possible if the all (if not most) richest members came together and pooled in some gold. But even that's hard to believe.

But then this thread was formed and OP, like a ******** magician, pulls the some hardcore evidence out of a hat. woah man, OP is going places.

But srsly, what would an artist/staff want to do with the ticket? I find it hard to believe there was a group discussion and they all agreed that buying a ticket for 133 tril is just a great idea.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Que people talking about how it's all a ruse and that they weren't wrong in the slightest.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Menstrual Cramps

User Image

User Image
Gaia wants to silence me.
I want to make it known before the thread starts getting edited out.

I'm not sure how Zero removing the info about staff mule accounts equates to you being silenced? He stated his reasons for doing so here:

Quote:
We do this not to censor our community, but for the protection of the privacy of our staff members. This is the same courtesy that we would extend to any user who wishes to have their information removed. We understand that situations like this can cause the community to want to figure out answers to their concerns, but that does not give anyone the right to spotlight the information, even if it is publicly available. We hope you understand why we are removing this information.

Just like regular users, Gaia staff have a right to not want their mule accounts known.

Fashionable Friend

Do they think the next goldsink is going to sink over 133 trillion or. . .?

Sparkly Fairy

Lil Red Panties
User Image

they are reversing that transaction, Zero stated. So...

Timid Kitten

Hey Gaians,

We would like to explain the details of this situation and share what happened. To be direct, yes, we purchased this ticket along with other items from the Marketplace. The reason for this purchase was to put some of the items into Flynn’s Plunder and put the tickets up into our next gold sink event as a personal tier reward. Allow us to explain:

We opened up the possibility of donating items to Flynn’s Plunder with our LQI policy. We wanted to add some higher tier items into Flynn’s Plunder without expanding the current stock of existing items. We decided the best way to do this would be purchasing the items off of the Marketplace and donating them to Flynn to sell. As for the Rainbow Tickets, we wanted to add these tickets to our next gold sink event. They would be a personal tier run exactly like the ones we’ve done before where if you reach the tier, you have a chance of winning that ticket. We are currently overwhelmed with tickets and, as a result, we did not want to generate a new ticket to add to our backlog. Instead, we decided to purchase an existing ticket and use that. Any items put into Flynn’s Plunder that generate a ticket have been added from an existing stock.

We used a mule account so we could make these purchases. It would have looked weird for a staff account to actually purchase a ticket. We decided to use this account as it had enough gold on it from various tests we did in the past. For clarification on what this means, we use our mule accounts to interact with the community without the attention being drawn to the fact that we are staff. However, sometime we use them to test new features and products when we need to see what the experience is as a regular user, not a staff member. However, we made an error in purchasing the Double Rainbow Ticket, in particular, for 133 trillion gold and we will be reversing the transaction. We have contacted the user about this and we will be handling this as a separate issue.

Unfortunately, this did not pan out exactly as we imagined. The intent of this was to make a good will effort to the user base and give users a chance to get some pretty awesome items. The items will still make their appearance in Flynn’s Plunder tomorrow, the ticket will make its during our next gold sink event.

With that said and us coming out with the information, we want to let you know that we will be editing out the information posted here that identifies staff accounts. We do this not to censor our community, but for the protection of the privacy of our staff members. This is the same courtesy that we would extend to any user who wishes to have their information removed. We understand that situations like this can cause the community to want to figure out answers to their concerns, but that does not give anyone the right to spotlight the information, even if it is publicly available. We hope you understand why we are removing this information.

We do want to sincerely apologize for any distrust we have caused throughout the community by taking these actions. We have already implemented new policies internally to ensure that this situation will never happen again. We hope that this sheds some light on what why this occurred and we thank you for your understanding.

- Zero

Fashionable Friend

Secksy Panda
Lil Red Panties
User Image

they are reversing that transaction, Zero stated. So...

They are now. It sounds like that wasn't the original case.

PAFenix's Wife

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150
I guess my next question is how do you accidentally buy an item worth 133T...?

Tipsy Genius

So I wasn't wrong: rational explanation, justifiable intent, still a dumb move. Glad to hear the situation is in the process of being fixed AND that the gold isn't actually going anywhere. A+ investigating work from the OP and ultimately I'm glad the information was shared.

In a relationship with Bloodlust Dante

Loyal Werewolf

I am curious why the mule was buying art.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff