wtf is all this s**t i come back to.

clarion's King

Super Model

Ma Ajmala
Comicgate
gamergate
gaiagate

wtf is all this s**t i come back to.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
We would like to apologize in taking so long to address the issue. In an unfortunate turn of events, one of our staff members had to be out of the country attending a funeral, along with many other members of senior staff who have also been travelling and otherwise indisposed. Because of the serious concern felt by users we felt that it wasn’t something we could continue to respond to without an okay from the people who make it their daily duty to maintain order and general user health.

We’ll dive right in and address concerns-

Why are Staff accounts spending gold on items!?

We began an initiative to purchase items from users. The premise is very simple- it would only be a few high-tier items. The purpose was to study the Marketplace and how users spend gold- specifically larger amounts, as we said before, to give users a chance at getting some awesome items in new ways. Certainly not to the extent of 133 trillion, of course. That was a mistake that was born from too many late nights and too many zeros.

What were you gonna do with those items? Take them out of circulation forever?

No, our intention is to put them into Flynn’s Plunder, as we have done, so that the gold we put into the economy by purchasing would be removed through the auction and no items would be withheld from the users. The items wouldn’t be locked away and they would be redistributed again. Some items will be released through gold sink events as well.

Well then, what the heck happened with the 133 trillion ticket?

This was a mistake. The staff member who bought it had thought that the price was much lower. Once the purchase had been made and realized it had been a mistake we made the decision to not reverse it so as not to create any concern amongst the community regarding the legitimacy of the purchase. Had we decided to reverse it, the whole fiasco could have been avoided. We can only apologize for the anxiety and disappointment we’ve caused the Gaia user base in general.

So is that why you posted that the transaction was legitimate?

Yes! We did not want panic created after the HYYPE fiasco and dozens of accounts had to be locked. We knew that the whole transaction could be sorted out without anyone afraid that they would be banned.

Okay, what about all this stuff about your mule being used to donate to a gold sink and win a special halo?

Actually, that IS legitimate gold. The staff member that received it has spent a number of years on Gaia and has this to say about it: “A quick glance at my bank transactions show I have probably bought more than I should have in my user lifespan. I prefer to purchase items so that I can in the future gift them to friends or trade them for gold. When we were having that particular gold sink, I had bought and tested several gold gens as well, so I felt that putting the gold into a sink would be a harmless way to dispose of it- since I am staff and I don’t want to deprive any users of items I’m more than happy to put the halo into Flynn’s plunder or pass it to the next person down the list.”

What about gold sunk through gold sinks?

Gold sunk through our gold sinks is actually removed from the economy. For example, with our recent Torii’s Gate drive, that gold is actually deleted from the site. We have no way to actually access the gold and take it out of the “pot.” Flynn’s Plunder gold is removed from the account to ensure that no one can use it in the unlikely event the account gets hacked. Gold sink gold is completely sunk and removed from the system.

Where does that leave us?

Gold injected into the economy by our purchasing of items will continue to be extracted by Flynn’s Plunder and gold sink events over the course of this month and next. No one has been banned. The double rainbow ticket will be placed in our next gold sink event as a raffle. This ensures that we create an equal playing field between the users who received gold from us and those that did not. We are taking actions to help pull it from the economy slowly but surely. We will not, and have not, been making any more purchases from the Marketplace using granted gold- nor will we in the future. We would like to apologize again for all the upset we’ve caused over the whole incident. We feel that we have adequately addressed the concerns at hand and we will be locking the thread. If you do have any feedback or concerns, we ask that you address them to usertalk@gaiaonline.com. We will be taking time to read the e-mails sent in and taking in the feedback.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff