Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

Wouldn't that only be laundering if the money was dirty to begin with? They claim it was legit, but I wish they were more specific on where it came from.

Sweet Strawberry

TomFire123
StrawberryDetective
TomFire123
StrawberryDetective
TomFire123

but i feeling it, they make its fool!
i see, maybe its fake or photoshop.
i guess so... cat_sweatdrop

omega already sent a pm and comment confirming one of the mules as a staff owned mule ^^": *points to OP* unfortunately its not fake or photoshopped

i dont know well... cat_sweatdrop

its ok XP
just read the opening post, theres alot of shocking links and evidence there cat_neutral sigh.. very shocking.. and disappointing stuff..

no fool... they was hack. but we can't trust it!
its joking i see...
maybe weird...

if so many staff and mule acc's were hacked ^^"; that wld mean gaia has a very serious security issue and that all user details, credit details and etc are at serious risk.. which is even worse than what has happened with the gold dump and manipulation ^^"; and if so gaia wld be scrambling to close the site and catch the hacker.. since if a hacker(s) cld do that they might as well hack gaia's bank acc and drain all the money as well as all the user's acc's cat_sweatdrop
and if an admin jokes like that i can guarantee they'll lose their job immediately ^^"; not to mention omega is an admin lead lol they can't joke around like that

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

All. Of that. Gold. gonk Goddamn. This site really is in the shitter, eh?

Shaggy Loverboy

DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

Wouldn't that only be laundering if the money was dirty to begin with? They claim it was legit, but I wish they were more specific on where it came from.

It's most likely from using gold generators, since Zero Omega said they use those mules to "test new features and products when we need to see what the experience is as a regular user, not a staff member."

"Products" is definitely referring to gold generators, imo.

Unholy Knight

10,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

If they were lying about secretly filtering new gold into the economy behind our backs through mules then it would mean that they are taking dirty gold and making it legit = laundering.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Ghost of War
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

If they were lying about secretly filtering new gold into the economy behind our backs through mules then it would mean that they are taking dirty gold and making it legit = laundering.

Exactly, but until we're sure where the gold comes from, we can't say whether it was laundering since we aren't sure if it was legit or not.

Unholy Knight

10,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Kyoffy
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

It's most likely from using gold generators, since Zero Omega said they use those mules to "test new features and products when we need to see what the experience is as a regular user, not a staff member."

Could be a possibility. 3nodding

Unholy Knight

10,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

Exactly, but until we're sure where the gold comes from, we can't say whether it was laundering since we aren't sure if it was legit or not.
I don't trust them.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Kyoffy
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

I think that if they were using gold from gold generators that were not paid for during the tests, then it's dirty money and it should be removed from circulation. However if it was paid for (in the marketplace with earned gold/ or bought with cash) then it is legitimate gold.

This does not make the action okay, but I just wanted to be clear about the case of whether it's considered money laundering :3

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Ghost of War
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

I don't trust them.

That's understandable considering recent (and past) events, so what answer from the admins would suffice for you?

Feline Bookworm

I'm sure if there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for all this and we'd all got it totally wrong
that they'd have come out and said it by now, but they haven't.

Ruthless Sex Symbol

this thread is so juicy

Shaggy Loverboy

DJ Twissta
Kyoffy
DJ Twissta
Ghost of War
Gaia is gold laundering.

I think that if they were using gold from gold generators that were not paid for during the tests, then it's dirty money and it should be removed from circulation. However if it was paid for (in the marketplace with earned gold/ or bought with cash) then it is legitimate gold.

This does not make the action okay, but I just wanted to be clear about the case of whether it's considered money laundering :3

Ah no I'm just saying...the chances of that gold being "clean" are small. Like...do you really think the staff would pay just to test gg's? :u

So regarding the gold being legit, the possibility is there, but echoing what Ghost of War said, I don't trust them.

Big Noob

Gash Thrashum
Sevalle
Would it be far-fetched to believe that their sales of gold generators have indeed dropped so precipitously that they resorted to this tactic of clandestine and direct manipulation of the MP? I would assume this strategy is fairly recent or has it been occurring undetected.

Another far-fetched speculation also leads to me to wonder if certain so-called bots that buy so many items so quickly are actually staff mules? That may explain why no amount of reporting seems to stop them. I remember a thread in the SF that was addressing such bots.

I think gold generators are selling just fine. Even if you analyze the amount of work which goes into rebranding/splash images and some half-baked banner, just a couple of purchases justify their existence. Very little work is needed to create them and it appears that a decent amount are purchased regularly. Don't take it from me, let LicorSkein the Staff Mule tell you:

User Image

It's a source of income they don't want to do away with, but I highly doubt it's one they can't live without. There are plenty of ways to generate income solely selling items. Truth is, gold gens provide easy capital and their business plan since the new CEO stepped in has been to make money as fast as possible, even to the detriment of the community and the virtual economy.

If there have ever been staff bots purchasing cheap items, I wouldn't know. It's certainly a possibility and it would make sense since a few bots at work can stifle gold revenue for most vendors, which would in turn tempt some to break and spend money on Gaia Cash. I haven't really noticed any bots in the vend recently however, and if there are, they're not so common that I would suspect staff involvement. I think if Gaia were to purposely plant bots, it would be much more obvious or they would consistently use a few. I could be wrong of course, but there's no reason for me to suspect this. Besides, they've shown that they have no problem simply buying up a bunch of listings to increase item prices/lower supply.
Oh wow. That actually looks like the staff is altering the MP to encourage GC sales to ultimately keep themselves in their jobs. That's definitely a vested interest.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

It's sad to see that this has happened.

Jesus, if only Gaia would have listened to my fixing of the economy.... it was a legit way to handle this current gold issue.

s**t, they can use my idea for free if they wanted to, I don' mind. As long as it fixes this hell.
But no, they have to go about using illegitimate and shameful business practices to get money in their pockets until they deplete the website dry of resources and eventually close down.

Such a shame too, I've wasted so much time on this account. Hate to see it go down like this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff