Welcome to Gaia! ::

I guess it's kind of whiny for me to say it like that, but whatever.

We all know Dark Void as the notoriously difficult-to-overcome sleep-inducing move. If you don't have a Pokemon with Vital Spirit, Insomnia, or Magic Bounce, kiss any chance of winning goodbye.
So do you think it's fair or unfair?
Personally, I think it's unfair. And while everyone is going to be saying that "If it's in the game, it's fair", I've still got a bone to pick with this move. If it wasn't for my Espeon, I'd be losing so many more battles, but there are a lot of other people who can only incorporate so much into their teams in terms of abilities and items and such. Putting ALL the Pokemon on the field to sleep and having another Pokemon wipe them out doesn't seem like something to brag about, if you ask me.
With an 80% chance of hit, it's not too op. Ether that, or I'm extremely unlucky. With Rock Throw (90% of hitting, btw), I feel like I miss too much for it to be worth it. So I can only imagine how bad an 80% would be.

Spore on the other hand, has a 100% hit rate and has more PP and in MD it was awful... But yeah I'd say Spore is more unfair excpsally in singles since there's at least a chance to dodge DV.

But don't mind me I don't do competitive battling so....

Romantic Grabber

It's only OP in doubles and triples.

In singles you're better off using Spore.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

fair but annoying

and I think someone would only use that move when all they care about it winning or being annoying, so it says a lot about that person.

I personally like a challenge and prefer to just have fun with my favorites.
People who only battle to win aren't having a fun experience with someone, they just like being up on their high horse and feeling like they are number 1.

If I battle someone like that, I just remember not to battling them again.
Rojo Espada

And I usually do Double Battles. cry
But that's also usually when I'll have my Espeon, and they'll still be stupid enough to use Dark Void. emotion_awesome
Erin puppy
fair but annoying

and I think someone would only use that move when all they care about it winning or being annoying, so it says a lot about that person.

I personally like a challenge and prefer to just have fun with my favorites.
People who only battle to win aren't having a fun experience with someone, they just like being up on their high horse and feeling like they are number 1.

If I battle someone like that, I just remember not to battling them again.

I've always tried to have a good attitude in battles.
But it gets really hard when people like to spam that move over and over.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I've never really encountered it so....I don't know.

Dedicated Streaker

....and this is why I always carry a Lum Berry and at least Taunter on my team at this point.

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
Don't forget about Sweet Veil!

Dangerous Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
idontcare kk
With an 80% chance of hit, it's not too op. Ether that, or I'm extremely unlucky. With Rock Throw (90% of hitting, btw), I feel like I miss too much for it to be worth it. So I can only imagine how bad an 80% would be.

Spore on the other hand, has a 100% hit rate and has more PP and in MD it was awful... But yeah I'd say Spore is more unfair excpsally in singles since there's at least a chance to dodge DV.

But don't mind me I don't do competitive battling so....

Thing about Spore is that the only Pokemon that learn it aren't the fastest. Not to mention I think grass types are now immune.

Romantic Grabber

The Child of Aura
Rojo Espada

And I usually do Double Battles. cry
But that's also usually when I'll have my Espeon, and they'll still be stupid enough to use Dark Void. emotion_awesome
I like using fake out on 'em. Then punching it in the face next turn.
dark void is a pain and the nightmares that sap your heath with darkrai is a pain then if you use the move dream eater & the move nightmare your dead so its not fair

Friendly Fairy

uh yeah, i do. any attack really is fair.

Honestly it's just frustrating when I see people go bs about an attack or Pokemon. If it weren't fair it'd be banned, and since everyone hates Smogon rules because they're "unfair", nothing IS banned (by Pokemon).

Dark Void is annoying af but gratifying all the same when being used by you.

solomon514's Wife

Dedicated Regular

Its annoying yes, but as i am a person who just LOOOOVES to piss of her opponent... I usually carry a poke with safeguard or taunt. Or both. Just for more shits and giggles.

And it is oh so gratifying when i use my own Darkrai to put uber n00bs and their Darkrai's to sleep... Then proceed to set up a tailwind and away i go~ lmfao. Oh the people i must piss off on random matchup...

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Speedbrawler
....and this is why I always carry a Lum Berry and at least Taunter on my team at this point.
This

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces