Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yup, trying to craft a Phoenix's Feather,
thus far the recipe has failed 22 times in a row,
Is alchemy supposed to be like this?
I though the success rate was something like 1/10 chance of succeeding in the crafting,

Am i doing something wrong?
Is it bugged?
Or is it just as poopy as this?

Perfect Saint

I did hear the crafting chances are quite dismal. It's the gold sinking aspect of the feature.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Myrielle
I did hear the crafting chances are quite dismal. It's the gold sinking aspect of the feature.

argh, fer ser?

this is the longest chain of fails on a single item i've ever had in alchemy, and i'm more than halfway to lvl 10 _xp

Gaia should have a look at their alchemy sometime >_>*

Bloodthirsty Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
There is a glitch of some sort that will make it impossible to actually successfully craft formulas no matter how many times you hit that "craft" button; sometimes you have to just take a break and visit other pages for a while and try again later.
A good rule of thumb is if you're losing gold, your craft try worked; not losing gold, you're glitched.

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
Even at level 10 max alchemy, a level 1 very low chance formula will fail gonk
After crafting hundreds of items in a row, I realized that you can normally craft three in a row without fail then after that it gets stupid if you don't take a break and come back after refreshing.

Even my master trade skills in my mmorpg don't fail when I'm at max level stare
This seriously needs a look at.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Pwnder
Even at level 10 max alchemy, a level 1 very low chance formula will fail gonk
After crafting hundreds of items in a row, I realized that you can normally craft three in a row without fail then after that it gets stupid if you don't take a break and come back after refreshing.

Even my master trade skills in my mmorpg don't fail when I'm at max level stare
This seriously needs a look at.

tried and failed about 33 times, or if i reached 42-

my conclusion; you can craft the same item a maximum amount of 2-3 times before it starts megafailing on you
-since i tried three other items with complete fail as result more than 20 times in a row

but agreed-
it would make MORE sense if the item you've successfully crafted at least 3 times would be gradually easier to craft,
i suppose this is a "solution" to prevent people from going the easier, cheaper way...

would be nice with a potion or something to raise the rate of your alchemical success for an hour or a day..

too bad crafting items now requires billions since every item people sell are ridiculously expensive...

TasteChaos's King

Duck

If you get too many fails in a row, slow down a bit or wait for a while, then try again.
I heard crafting too fast gets you more fails and I experienced this while crafting orb aggregates.
If I craft slower I can craft more in a row than when I do it fast.

Special Snowflake

The crafting fail rate tends to be lower if you craft a level below that of your own level... 22 times is a lot, and sounds like you're crafting at the same level? I'd recommend crafting below.

Unfortunately even if the odds are 1/10, that's 1/10 each time you craft. Speaking odds wise, it's unlikely that you'll get 2 successful crafts in a row in any case... like 1/100 to craft successfully twice in a row.

On the plus side, if you fail too many times in a row, alchemy stops taking your gold. In which case, just leave it and come back to it later.

Edit: But, yes, I agree that fail rates for a level 10 crafting a level 1 should be a lot lower than it is sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff