Welcome to Gaia! ::

CIoud Nine's Husband

Winged Warlord

24,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
I only dump gold caches into the dumpster since it doesn't have a trash button.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Nah, keep tossing those caches guys! emotion_awesome

I will also take any unwanted caches, and if someone wants trash and flowers you can always go to Towns. emotion_dealwithit

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
ES1K
Honestly- even if people stop dumping caches we will go back to getting 5 crumpled newspapers from the admin. Which I like even less than caches.

Please don't confuse the lowering of caches in DD with people putting other items in. IF that were true then that would be great, but still people don't generally dump "nice" items in with the end of rampant item generators.

While I understand your frustration with getting a cache every single time you dive - even if ppl stop, there isn't going to magically be items instead. If people don't put caches in, the admins put in guppy fish/trash/flowers in to fill it. I'd prefer the cache. stare
I would rather have trash or flowers because I can sell those in quantity to get rid of them faster. Caches are a pain to get rid of unless you dump them all back into DD, which just makes it a problem for someone else. If they made it possible to get rid of caches more easily, meaning being able to actually trash them in mass or sell them in mass, I wouldn't mind so much.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250

Summery Seeker

It always amazes me how people can complain about the FREE stuff they get from the dumpster. emotion_eyebrow It's not called Treasure Trove or Billions Binge, it's the Dumpster Dive. You have to sift through hundreds of crap to get to something good, and it may not even be that good. But no, everyone will complain about free stuff anyway.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
Erailea
Lucidly
I've already trashed hundreds of the caches I receive from the dumpster. It's just too mean to dump them back in and it's an inefficient use of my time to donate them to someone or sell them. It's still pretty damn annoying though, because I have to open them all first.

I have dumped some nice gold shop items I like in there sometimes, but I realize that it'll just be nothing compared to the people who dump thousands of caches.

I really wouldn't mind caches that much if they STACKED.

What do you mean? They do stack O.o

User Image
It's false stacking for display purposes only. When organizing my inventory, I can see that the caches are all over the place, meaning that they don't truly stack.

Diamond Senshi

26,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Adnama Lavode
ES1K
Honestly- even if people stop dumping caches we will go back to getting 5 crumpled newspapers from the admin. Which I like even less than caches.

Please don't confuse the lowering of caches in DD with people putting other items in. IF that were true then that would be great, but still people don't generally dump "nice" items in with the end of rampant item generators.

While I understand your frustration with getting a cache every single time you dive - even if ppl stop, there isn't going to magically be items instead. If people don't put caches in, the admins put in guppy fish/trash/flowers in to fill it. I'd prefer the cache. stare
I would rather have trash or flowers because I can sell those in quantity to get rid of them faster. Caches are a pain to get rid of unless you dump them all back into DD, which just makes it a problem for someone else. If they made it possible to get rid of caches more easily, meaning being able to actually trash them in mass or sell them in mass, I wouldn't mind so much.

Each cache has things that are slightly more valuable than other things. ~500-10000 gold. I just open and sell the most expensive thing. I don't have the patience to sell flowers/trash... Not enough return unless you have lots. I don't keep them because they clog my invo which I hate. But either way, I understand people's frustration w/ caches but I'm just not sure taking them out is going to make it better.

Valiant Jackling

Lucidly

The organize inventory feature only stacks game items. Cache's are not game items. Just as the organizer doesn't stack equip-able items, gift boxes / pink links / enchanted trunks & boxes or housing items. You can quickly grab them all and organize them where you want by using the search bar, however.

Ruthless Ladykiller

12,725 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
neatflocks
It always amazes me how people can complain about the FREE stuff they get from the dumpster. emotion_eyebrow It's not called Treasure Trove or Billions Binge, it's the Dumpster Dive. You have to sift through hundreds of crap to get to something good, and it may not even be that good. But no, everyone will complain about free stuff anyway.

Please rolleyes

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Erailea
Lucidly
I've already trashed hundreds of the caches I receive from the dumpster. It's just too mean to dump them back in and it's an inefficient use of my time to donate them to someone or sell them. It's still pretty damn annoying though, because I have to open them all first.

I have dumped some nice gold shop items I like in there sometimes, but I realize that it'll just be nothing compared to the people who dump thousands of caches.

I really wouldn't mind caches that much if they STACKED.

What do you mean? They do stack O.o

User Image
I think she means they don't stack like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sweet Witch

Lucidly
It's false stacking for display purposes only. When organizing my inventory, I can see that the caches are all over the place, meaning that they don't truly stack.
That bothers me too, especially in trades, or when selling in the market. I really wish Gaia would adjust them to stack better.

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
For me, it's mostly a matter of inconvenience (and it's damn boring getting a cache every single time). I wouldn't mind getting caches if they were opened already (I do actually use them for alchemy), but it's a real pain to open them only to get another aquamarine one (I didn't already have 100+ of them, thanks). Especially after opening a 100 pack ;p I guess it would be very nice if we could just open all of our caches at once instead of one at a time and having to cycle through the inventory pages.

And please explain to me--what is with people putting thousands of caches into DD out of spite?

Magic Hobo

Bitching about the quality of your free stuff, eh? Well, well, well.

I'm actually collecting caches for alchemy, but if I weren't, this topic would have prompted me to send all 150+ of my stash straight into the dumpster dive.

Seriously. I might actually be able to craft the thing I want within this year at minimal cost, if people keep sending caches into the dumpster the way they have been. Keep right on dumping... especially the garnet caches. I need those.

And I've still been winding up with RIG and cash shop items from DD, pretty regularly. And sometimes I still get trash, which means that the dumpster still runs dry sometimes!

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
ES1K
Adnama Lavode
ES1K

Each cache has things that are slightly more valuable than other things. ~500-10000 gold. I just open and sell the most expensive thing. I don't have the patience to sell flowers/trash... Not enough return unless you have lots. I don't keep them because they clog my invo which I hate. But either way, I understand people's frustration w/ caches but I'm just not sure taking them out is going to make it better.
I would really rather not spend a half hour opening them. I could see people's rationalization of them being helpful gold-wise back when they were worth something, but now they're not really worth the time or effort to open. I'd get more by going through Daily Chance in about 10 seconds.

I just see them as a nuisance now, honestly. I throw them in storage because I don't want to spend countless hours trading them to someone or clogging up my marketplace to sell them all. I probably have 1500 by now.

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

I just want to be able to decline pink links and gift boxes... they have gone from a cool surprise to an annoying virtual insect crawling around the isnide of my screen. User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff