Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
E l N l N
Konani_NTH
E l N l N
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb392/sorafia/fawn_pixel_by_fawnboy-d4m0lod.gif~original { ❝ But it's only for two days. o 3 o ❞

the entire staff on gaiaonline are sadists,
and probably masochists..

they want to make the users of the site as miserable as possible,
driving everyone further and further down the hole,
until everyone just quits-

since the gold generators are increased by 40 a day,
the marketplace takes 99% of the user's profit from sales,
new items are only recolors of old items, or recolors of old items split into different pieces,
there are no events which aren't gold sinks, or profit-buying through gaiacash,
no more free stuff for the gaian users -EVER-

-this is how i predict Gaiaonline's future.
we'll be like the hobo's down on the street, acting as zombie-fodder so the rich people can sit up there in their high-security skyscrapers and spit on us...

in short- i feel like the board of gaiaonline aren't keeping the user's best interest in their minds as they make decisions about things .3.~

User Image {I'm sorry you feel that way (though I am sure many users agree with you). I would give you a big bowl of ice cream if I could. :c

notanks, i am fat already,

and i don't see how it's gonna help anything,
to make people want to raise the prices even further in the MP,
to make up for all the money they won't get through their sales now.

as if that wouldn't be enough though;
selling everything through trades will be difficult too, since no one will be happy with where the price ends,
ugh...
I wonder how much better everything would be
-without the gold generators,
-without the marketplace tax,
-without the 40 new items a week...

Benevolent Spirit

9,950 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
It makes sense to me. The tax is a permanent gold sink. Take more gold out of the system while GG aren't being sold.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
a n a l a i g h
I think that, regardless of their ulterior motives, what they're hoping for right now, is to stabilize the economy, by forcing users to DECREASE the prices, by INCREASING the tax. The more expensive the item, the more you are affected, as the seller, by the market place tax.

I personally, think this is a good thing.

but people always want money,
i don't see someone buying something for 10 bil,
selling the same thing for any less than 10 bil profit,
if they bought the item only to make some profit of it.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
a n a l a i g h
I think that, regardless of their ulterior motives, what they're hoping for right now, is to stabilize the economy, by forcing users to DECREASE the prices, by INCREASING the tax. The more expensive the item, the more you are affected, as the seller, by the market place tax.

This.
They clearly stated to sink some gold in the system. People will still have PLENTY of gold now to buy what they want when and if it deflates later.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
kyungaroos
It makes sense to me. The tax is a permanent gold sink. Take more gold out of the system while GG aren't being sold.

but people want money-!

5% tax doesn't make you much profit at all,

5% out of 1,000,000,000 is still 50,000,000- giving you no more than 950,000,000
5% out of 2,000,000 is still 1,900,000 -that's a hundred thousand gone from two milion

-it's a lot of money you're loosing, if you've bought things expensively,

Damnatus's Wife

Chatty Gekko

Well, I think it's best to just see how it goes rather than worry and panic about it right now.

If you're concerned about losing out on money, I understand, but this will actually be good for the economy. It's not a huge, massive change but an extra 2% tax doesn't really deduct from profits all that much. c: You'll be fine, and so will everyone else.

If folks want to stick to trades now, that's totally their call, but I am fairly sure that the marketplace will still get plenty of usage.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Rainbow Filled Nights
a n a l a i g h

This.
They clearly stated to sink some gold in the system. People will still have PLENTY of gold now to buy what they want when and if it deflates later.

unless people bought stuff for all of their billions in hopes of soon getting trillions
-which will end up being maybe millions, or thousands,

Benevolent Spirit

9,950 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
Konani_NTH
kyungaroos

but people want money-!

5% out of 1,000,000,000 is still 50,000,000- giving you no more than 950,000,000
5% out of 2,000,000 is still 1,900,000 -that's a hundred thousand gone from two milion

Sure they do. But I only want as much gold as I have now because it has no buying power. I'd be happy with less gold if it bought me more things.

Werewolf

Konani_NTH

We just went through Hyper inflation. Most deflation is a slow process, so it won't happen overnight but eventually, it will work its way into the system.

Which has already been proven with items that were, less than a year ago, considered high ticket and "expensive", are now "cheap."

People will have to start selling lower, in order to make more profit, its inevitable.
So yes, people always want money, and always will want money. Money typically drives most economies.
However.
You wouldn't sell something super low just so someone can sell it for super high, to profit off of a larger market tax.
That's not how the system works.

EVERYONE will be forced to lower to make a profit.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
kyungaroos
Konani_NTH
kyungaroos

but people want money-!

Sure they do. But I only want as much gold as I have now because it has no buying power. I'd be happy with less gold if it bought me more things.

and i'd be happy with more gold if it bought me more things.

Benevolent Spirit

9,950 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
Konani_NTH

and i'd be happy with more gold if it bought me more things.

*shrug* fair enough.

Werewolf

Konani_NTH

unless people bought stuff for all of their billions in hopes of soon getting trillions
-which will end up being maybe millions, or thousands,
And thats the amazing thing about deflation.
When it goes down, "billions" will be the new trillions, and millions, will be the new billions.
Just like it was before hyper inflation.
Once upon a time, a million was a crap ton of gold, and then gold lost its value, because it was being put into the system out of thin air, instead of just being shifted from user to user.

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
what if this is a way to get gold out of the system so that they can sell gold generators again later without having to increase the gold cap?

Either that or they are honestly trying to fix things. That would be nice.
*still not quite trusting*

Blob

Pistol Kiss
How dare they try to make a more stable economy and stabilize the marketplace!

We will be fine, people are just going to have to deal with having less gold and actually have to work for it,

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
a n a l a i g h
Konani_NTH

We just went through Hyper inflation. Most deflation is a slow process, so it won't happen overnight but eventually, it will work its way into the system.

Which has already been proven with items that were, less than a year ago, considered high ticket and "expensive", are now "cheap."

People will have to start selling lower, in order to make more profit, its inevitable.
So yes, people always want money, and always will want money. Money typically drives most economies.
However.
You wouldn't sell something super low just so someone can sell it for super high, to profit off of a larger market tax.
That's not how the system works.

EVERYONE will be forced to lower to make a profit.

it was gaiaonline's fault there was a hyperinflation in the first place- with their gold generators,
in addition to that they started to spew out cash shop items which were cheap recolors of items-
i'm just saying; a lot of those "recolors" doesn't have all of the poses as the original items,
effing lazy-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces