Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Zero Omega
You know Gaians I have to wonder... I was talking to some co-workers and one of them posed a riddle, what do Japanese spirit animals, summer, festivals, and Gaia all have to do with each other? I sat there pretty stumped and so did others, anybody have any ideas?

Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

First thing that comes to my mind is the Monthly Collectibles. The Kitsune/Kitsunebi is said to be a spirit animal in Japanese Folklore, the theme is centered around a festival, it's in the Summer,and it's on Gaia. Just makes sense.

Unless you're hinting at a Summer Event, then I'm not sure.

The Scythe Quest
The Eternal List

Stubborn Gifter

Ardee01
Will we be a having a summer event with lots of Studio Ghibli references?

Not gonna lie, but I was also thinking about My Neighbor Totoro earlier. That would be so awesome if Gaia did pull that stunt. emotion_dowant

But I'm also still hope it's the Obon festival. >.>;

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
- 10 points for not opening the topic with "Riddle me this batman"

Man-Hungry Bear

Sheshira
I'm guessing Obon festival since Tanabata and the Lantern festival have passed.

I would have loved a yokai twist to the event. But then I started remembering Pom Poko and now I want I want a scrotum parachute...

I thought Obon Matsuri has passed, and if you follow the Japanese Lunisolar calendar, Tanabata would fall in August, some later around the 6-7th of August.

Wikipedia shows the 2014 date as August 2nd for the Tanabata Matsuri

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Davidicus Bellefonte
Sheshira

I would have loved a yokai twist to the event. But then I started remembering Pom Poko and now I want I want a scrotum parachute...

I thought Obon Matsuri has passed, and if you follow the Japanese Lunisolar calendar, Tanabata would fall in August, some later around the 6-7th of August.

Oh okay I must misread it. Yeah I did. I misread the national festivals at the bottom of the list as August and not July. Oops my bad. I got it from this: http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/festivals/

According to this there's the Sendai Tanabata Matsuri (star festival), Yamaga Toro Matsuri (Yamaga Lantern Festival), and Dai-Chochin Matsuri (Giant Lantern Festival) are the ones they might be referring to?

The Star festival seems to make sense since we do have the Star NPCs, and animals associated with them as well...

Man-Hungry Bear

Sheshira
Davidicus Bellefonte
Sheshira

Oh okay I must misread it. Yeah I did. I misread the national festivals at the bottom of the list as August and not July. Oops my bad. I got it from this: http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/festivals/

According to this there's the Sendai Tanabata Matsuri (star festival), Yamaga Toro Matsuri (Yamaga Lantern Festival), and Dai-Chochin Matsuri (Giant Lantern Festival) are the ones they might be referring to?

The Star festival seems to make sense since we do have the Star NPCs, and animals associated with them as well...

Oooh, this list has many more festivals listed, thanks!
I'm kind of excited, I hope it's the star festival.

Predestined Otaku

18,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Traditional Japanese themed event? Please.
our summer event? 8D

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
..our awesome summer event coming soon like on my b-day? emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_dowant emotion_dowant
This sounds exciting I hope the event comes out soon, it would be nice to do something around Aug. 6th cause that's my birthday. redface Hnnnng~ heart

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Aren't Yokai most active during the summer?
And the same applies to people (hence summer fest and all that)

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Purinii
PLEASE TELL ME THERE WILL BE NEW YUKATAS...

omg please.

please.

Yukatas and kimonos!!YES!! We really need those!

Wheezing Member

empty wallets!

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
Nikko Roseus
This sounds exciting I hope the event comes out soon, it would be nice to do something around Aug. 6th cause that's my birthday. redface Hnnnng~ heart

cool, your b-day is right be fore mine! 4laugh

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

:3 I don't know but I'm feline pawsitively excited if it's anofur event :3 The beach forum sadly is not furry lively....Even though I tried my hardest :<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff