20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Gash Thrashum
yhoda
Hi-Potion
Antiseptic Lovesong
I don't really count 'soft grunge' as a fashion, as it's nothing like grunge and it looks more like pastel goth, but whatever rocks your boat. Only just heard of the word.

I hope they add Psychobilly attire. I mean, sure, there's some bloody items and some rockabilly, but all the neon colours never seem to show up on those dresses.
Pastel Goth and Soft Grunge are the same thing with a different name~

WTF is psychobilly. Show me pls.
Psychobilly is Rockabilly mixed with punk, imo.

That's pretty accurate, though going by the typical themes in psychobilly music, I would say it's more specifically horror punk mixed with rockabilly. There also tends to be a lot of surf influence in the music.

I wouldn't mind psychobilly themed items.

For women, the fashion seems to be like a cross between pin-up and b-grade horror films. For dudes it's the greaser style + punk.
Because Im goth and love Rockabilly/pin-up styles, I accidentally kinda mixed a similar style already sweatdrop //googled it to look

I should look up some of these psychobilly bands tho

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Abbacus
Makes a face at people saying soft grunge & pastel goth are the same. emotion_eyebrow That's like me saying punk and ska are the same. Y'all need to do some readin'.

But I digress. I've been awaiting this day for years. We've had a few spots of it here and there, but the load recently is just wonderful. It's about time! I'm glad some of my favourite styles are finally becoming mainstream popular enough for Gaia to notice. Now we need more urban streetwear and modern contemporary too, yes? emotion_kirakira Yes.
For real

We could use some more Mori too

Trash Vampire

DYRL
Abbacus
Makes a face at people saying soft grunge & pastel goth are the same. emotion_eyebrow That's like me saying punk and ska are the same. Y'all need to do some readin'.

But I digress. I've been awaiting this day for years. We've had a few spots of it here and there, but the load recently is just wonderful. It's about time! I'm glad some of my favourite styles are finally becoming mainstream popular enough for Gaia to notice. Now we need more urban streetwear and modern contemporary too, yes? emotion_kirakira Yes.
For real

Mmm, mori yes emotion_kirakira I really love mori boys. I shamefully admit that style slips my mind a lot since I don't see it much.

Divine Muse

Fanny Flaps
Hi-Potion
Fanny Flaps
Just in case anyone is confused, soft grunge and pastel goth aren't nearly the same thing...

User Image

User Image
Except theres hella overlap
https://img0.etsystatic.com/011/1/5840221/il_570xN.420563332_gurq.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcl2alyH8f1r2wbxvo1_500.png

The first one is neither and the second one is a kid who fell backwards through a Topshop clearance rack. Also, they look nothing alike so I'm not sure what your point is...?

The top one is just an eighties style sweatshirt.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Big Bum

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.yes i love it. emotion_drool
i'd also like to see more grunge and cult party kei stuff.

Devoted Heckler

Jayce Reinhardt
Fanny Flaps
Hi-Potion
Fanny Flaps
Just in case anyone is confused, soft grunge and pastel goth aren't nearly the same thing...

User Image

User Image
Except theres hella overlap
https://img0.etsystatic.com/011/1/5840221/il_570xN.420563332_gurq.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcl2alyH8f1r2wbxvo1_500.png

The first one is neither and the second one is a kid who fell backwards through a Topshop clearance rack. Also, they look nothing alike so I'm not sure what your point is...?

I'm laughing way too hard at that picture, much as I do anytime someone says "I love 80s fashion!"... yeah,that mythical style that every single person wore for an entire decade.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I guess it is time to put a few items like that out.
But i hope they don't spam us with them and countless boring a** recolours.

Divine Muse

Fanny Flaps
Jayce Reinhardt

I'm laughing way too hard at that picture, much as I do anytime someone says "I love 80s fashion!"... yeah,that mythical style that every single person wore for an entire decade.

Rosanne was pretty grungy in the 80's
I hated that style, they even made stupid looking vests for guys in that nightmare floral print.

Devoted Heckler

Jayce Reinhardt
Fanny Flaps
Jayce Reinhardt

I hated that style, they even made stupid looking vests for guys in that nightmare floral print.

There is a picture of me wearing neon orange/pink floral leggings and an oversized mauve/yellow/grey Minnie Mouse sweater which I'd like to claim under the new "right to forget" laws. stare

I would like to see some more off-shoulder tops and batwing sweaters (swearing all the pastel goths will interpreted that wrong) and power-dressing Grace Jones shoulder pads XD

Divine Muse

Fanny Flaps
Jayce Reinhardt
Fanny Flaps
Jayce Reinhardt

There is a picture of me wearing neon orange/pink floral leggings and an oversized mauve/yellow/grey Minnie Mouse sweater which I'd like to claim under the new "right to forget" laws. stare

I would like to see some more off-shoulder tops and batwing sweaters (swearing all the pastel goths will interpreted that wrong) and power-dressing Grace Jones shoulder pads XD

I'm sorry but Grace Jones was just ******** hot and I loved her in James Bond.

Rare

soft grunge is out of date and makes you look out of touch. normcore and healthgoth are where it's at.

Princess Witch

DYRL

As a real-life mori girl, I second this! 4laugh

(I... think it's kind of odd that all of the items labeled mori on Gaia were designed "for men" when I have literally never seen a guy wear mori girl - not even in Japan?! sweatdrop )

Wheezing GO

Gash Thrashum
From what I've been seeing on the internet, I too, would love some rockabilly items, especially for the guys.

Sadly I dont know much about rockabilly. Care to name a few rockabilly bands, if you know of any?

Astral Dreamer

If this is what the new goth and grunge are, put me down as not a fan rofl

Devoted Heckler

Sir Black Tea
normcore and healthgoth are where it's at.

Former is just clothes and I can't believe they ever bothered putting a name on the latter. Threw up in my mouth a little upon realising my workout clothes could be described as both.

At least v****a dresses are 'in' thanks to LFW.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff