Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I agree OP! He's not too stupid, but not too smart either, and he isn't too pathetic. He is a douche though.

Glad Makorra isn't a thing anymore.
xMikorin
Don't know about you folks, but Mako is a stupid pathetic douche in my eyes.

I mean really? How can you not agree.

well, hm. mako did mess up earlier, but i think that there's only so much someone can take.
korra was kind of a jerk to put her anger and stress out on him.
but he continues to be an idiot, however, a lot of people are indecisive like that in real life.
although i did like his character, i did not like his decisions.
i'm not sure about how to feel on the whole makorra not makorra thing.
but i DID expect more to see that he cared a little more as she was ahem, SLOWLY DYING FROM SPOILER BEING POISONED? but well, you know. stuff emotion_eyebrow

In a relationship with Me myself nd me again

Noob

13,225 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I agree. I don't hate him, but I definitely dislike him.
Mako and asami have no personality x:

Shy Star

I don't think he's a bad character, honestly. I think he just got jerked around too much with the love triangle nonsense while the writers tried to juggle a plot and pandering to their fickle shipping fans. In Season 3 when he wasn't in a relationship with anyone, I found him to be pretty enjoyable.
User Image

Shy Punk

eh.
i only dislike him because of that shitty season
where he was dating asami and then korra
still annoying
still whiny
kinda useless? not sure

Indulgent Gatekeeper

17,690 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Squash Stomper 75
generally i like mako for being level-headed and rational most of the time.
the thing i hate about mako is that he's so focused on his career that he tends to be oblivious to the people around him sometimes (i'm not saying that being focused on a career is bad, but being insensitive to others in the process? no, that's just a no)
i don't know, he just seems so...undecided. like he isn't sure what he wants from korra (or asami) to make things work, and i feel that he still isn't sure about what he feels.

Salty Wench

I didn't think he was all that great in S1-S2, but I think he really solidified as a character in S3 (Bolin, too). Both of the Fire Ferret brothers were a bit annoying during the first two seasons, tbh.

Wily Trickster

6,000 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
I'm not a huge fan of Mako myself. I did very much enjoy how much fun Korra and Asami had at his expense in season 3 though... And that his life continues to be pain now that he's the bodyguard for that prince dude.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
xMikorin
Evelit
I was devastated when he and Korra broke up, the whole 'this isn't working' bs really made me madd e.e
I feel like they ended it now so that they could build it back up in the last season.. that's what i'm hoping..
at first I thought him and Asami where a good couple

Now I want him to be alone forevvvveeer
I feel like Korra deserves better
Both Asami and Korra

Asami is an amazing character and should get the best

I love Opal or w/e the new chick name is kinda getting Suki feels with her(hoping her and Bolin end up together, Bolin is adorable and deserves someone sweet like her.)

Asami deserves better. I mean I think mako's awesome, but both he and Korra are complete douches when it comes to dating and honestly, most of it ain't their fault. I mean Mako's childhood ended at 8 and he's been Bolin's substitute parent for 13 years be season 4, and Korra grew up isolated in a White Lotus stronghold.
Asami is a good, pure person. I think that the episode her dad reveals his allegiences just show how kind and innocent(and maybe a bit sheltered) she is(or was) and how much the reality of the world can hit that kind of person.
I used to ship Asami and Bolin because of the kind, trusting soul they both have and the pure, child-like love they held to their respective others(Mako for Asami and Korra for Bolin). Honestly, looking back, Asami is too mature and reserved while Bolin is too childish and outgoing for it to truly work.
I actually like Opal, but as season 4 showed, her sense of justice is too strong to put up with the shady activities Bolin started dabbling in since season 2.

piritxtra
I miss Sokka...

Oh god that man had...what, 4 love interests 2 of which he dated?
His only competition in that regard is his sister, the deutragonist/tritragonist(depends on how you view Zuko)

Distinct Noob

7,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Informer 100
  • Full closet 200
I used to dislike him as well, but I definitely think he improved in book 3. The whole detective Mako worked pretty well with him :p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff