Welcome to Gaia! ::

So when I first saw pictures/gif posted about Attack on Titan, I got interested. I was like cool. It was on my FB as well so this anime was obviously going viral.

I checked it out and watched the whole thing. Though I didn't really find it interesting passed a certain point.

Plot/World:

I wasn't a fan of the post apocalyptic setting. I hate how there is a giant monster premise. It made everyone felt so helpless.

The world was kind of boring. One city surrounded by a vast wildernesses full of giant man-eating creatures. The setting certainly didn't entertain me.

Character design:

I didn't really like the art design in the series. I like character design that makes the character cute like SA:O and Accel World.

Of course it is logical that those type of design would never work well in AOT. It wouldn't make sense in such a depressing world. I can't fault them on that.

Personally I like Anime because they can make characters cute. For example, basically a lot of female characters in SA:O and Accel world.
Of course it's reasonable; you have your preferences as do everyone else. If instead you said that you hated Attack on Titans merely because of the title, or for the color schemes, then that would be an unreasonable answer. So you're totally fine, dude.

Kawaii Shounen

understandable.

I also have my own opinions,
I hate cute-helpless-useless chicks like in sao.
I hate their whiny voices.
The plot is not big deal, there was a lot of wholes on it.
I dislike protagonist like kirito, seriously he is boring.

I like strong and maybe complex animes.

that's why there's tons of genres and series.
doesn't mean everyone is going to like the same thing.

Partying Reveler

Unawarebrah
So when I first saw pictures/gif posted about Attack on Titan, I got interested. I was like cool. It was on my FB as well so this anime was obviously going viral.

I checked it out and watched the whole thing. Though I didn't really find it interesting passed a certain point.

Plot/World:

I wasn't a fan of the post apocalyptic setting. I hate how there is a giant monster premise. It made everyone felt so helpless.

The world was kind of boring. One city surrounding by a vast wildernesses found of giant man-eating creatures. The setting certainly didn't entertain me.

Character design:

I didn't really like the art design in the series. I like character design that makes the character cute like SA:O and Accel World.

Of course it is logical that those type of design would never work well in AOT. It wouldn't make sense in such a depressing world. I can't fault them on that.

Personally I like Anime because they can make characters cute. For example, basically a lot of female characters in SA:O and Accel world.

I don't get why you watched SnK if all you like is cutesy anime? It seems like you have a type of anime you enjoy so going outside of that of course you won't like it. So why not stick to what you like ?

Golden Spark

You don't really need anyone to 「validate」 whether your opinion is reasonable or not, that's why they are called opinions in the first place.

To be honest, I think AoT is pretty okay so far, I really like the internal conflict between the scouting group and the military police as well as multiple conspiracies that was born within. Of course, it's not really a series for everyone, especially if you like cute girls, you should stick to Kirino Mosaic or the like instead.

Interesting Phantom

As for cute characters, I think Sasha and Krista are cute. Googled Accel World... the characters just look very typically anime to me, not saying it's a bad thing. AOT's artistic style is a bit different, I guess.
I like it when they take bland settings and make a good story on it. I like how a setting doesn't need to be flashy in order to be interesting and fun. (:

Your opinions are totally reasonable, even though I feel differently.

Alien Invader

It's understandable. We're all allowed to have preferences and it appears as though Attack on Titan is just not your type of anime. Personally, I gravitate away from cutesy anime so I was instantly attracted to it. I enjoy the series, but think it has some serious pitfalls like its lack of character development. I just find it a shame to have a series in which so many characters die before I have any chance to form any sort of connection to them whatsoever. haha

Smitten Lover

The whole series is three episodes of talking to one episode of fighting titans.

The show called Attack on Titan, not Attack on Talking.

The first episode was great and I got exactly what I wanted, which was pure unbridled terror of being hunted by something large and horrible without a real accessible weakness.

It was about as much of a disappointment as the Godzilla movie was, really.

Space Genius

To be honest, the only thing I like about SAO is music.

Girl-Crazy Explorer

8,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Medalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
Your reason for not liking some aspects of the show is understandable. I agree, the art work is a little offensive on the eyes but like you said, the whole kawaii thing wouldn't work. And some people may not like the whole post-apocalyptic setting where everyone is afraid of the unknown terror that might come anytime. But Attack on Titans is more of a complex show that some people can't get into.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff