Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like for me, I make sure there isn't a single spec on my hands before I put a disc in the PS3. Cause I'm scared of transferring anything into the system. Cause if you think about it, every time you put a disc in you are basically adding more disaster into the system if the disc wasn't clean. That's why I wont buy used. The previous owner could have handled the disc with boogie, semen, Dorito fingers. I don't want that s**t in my system. Hell I even worry with new games taking off the plastic then putting a game in the system cause Idk what I'm transferring from the plastic to my hands then to the disc.

Heroic Senshi

I treat them like coasters.

Especially for soda. 3nodding

Dedicated Loiterer

I treat them pretty well until they're scratched or burned beyond usability. Then I treat them like frisbees.
Super Sailor Moon
I treat them like coasters.

Especially for soda. 3nodding

Dear lord... You got balls... I could never in hell...

Magical Businessman

I put them back in their cases when they're not being played.
But in reality, if you have anything sticky on your fingers you don't know about or anything dirty, is it damaging to put the games in the system?

Geistly: Wish I had superb internet or I'd be downloading A LOT more.

Interesting Smoker

DISKS FOR THE DISK THRONE.

Serious Note: I treat them about the same as I treat Music CD's. I stack them up like decorations that I never touch because I've already gone all-digital.

Benevolent Loiterer

11,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
coasters, I use a pc
Geistly
Super Super Mario

How fat and grotesque are your fingers that you can not feel dirt or sticky substances on them? To answer your question though: yes, anything from dust to... whatever it is you have on your vile hands will harm your discs and potentially your system.

Um, I'm 148 pounds lol. But I don't know if my hands are sticky usually unless I press them together or a few fingers, nor know if anything is on them unless I look, which I do often.
Enthusiastic Arsonist
DISKS FOR THE DISK THRONE.

Serious Note: I treat them about the same as I treat Music CD's. I stack them up like decorations that I never touch because I've already gone all-digital.

Lucky b*****d lol. I have terrible internet, not only that but not every game is disc and digital. Also another thing I hate with PS Store is that each game you buy only qualifies for 2 consoles and 2 handhelds. So its not like full ownership. I see why in case its exploited or whatever but Idk.

Plus usually disc games are much cheaper unless said game hits a sale on the once a week sale. Like I said too about the long time it takes to download, usually when you get a game by disc you don't have to install very much and get to the game quicker.

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lan Sukasa
I put them back in their cases when they're not being played.

that goes doubley for sonic.

Alien Worshipper

I treat all of mine with the utmost care. Because I'm a clean freak when it comes to my my consoles and the disks. Never let a single smudge or scratch get on one.

Only reason I have any digital copies is because I can't get physical copies. Also, I love that smell when you open a case for the first time, can't get that if you only have digital copies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff