Welcome to Gaia! ::

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
Ashercroix
Cosplay and being in-character used to be my LIFE on Gaia, and for a time, it was good. I made a ton of lasting friendships! Then real life caught up to me, and I don't have the time or motivation for it anymore (and I'm generally repulsed by Gaia's state these days). XP
*waves madly* emotion_kirakira You were really good at it, too. heart You left out that part. ninja

I'm just barely beating my best cosplay account as far as number of friends go. XD People don't really bother him but people friend him lots and I'm okay with that. :3

15,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I like to cosplay old characters just to see how many people recognized them. I can't remember the last time I went into towns. It's mostly zomg where i get people who recognize the cosplay.

Tricky Saint

I often find myself in more positive and lively conversations with people when my avi's naked or generally 'offensive', which's the opposite of what I was expecting... rofl

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I have four cosplay accounts currently (all from the manga Bleach) and I plan to make more in the future. I have had people PM me comments, attempt to role play, invite me to guilds and fan sites, and friend me. It's actually pretty entertaining to roll around Gaia in cosplay and observe how people act toward you. I think the only downside to cosplaying is that many people may be after the same items used for cosplaying popular characters. It's also not cool to have your cosplay designs copied. sad
I am Dante from DMC 3? A Permanent Dante. Not changing at all. Too many Dante avatars use that custom cut coat and it's ugly.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Ex vivo
I often find myself in more positive and lively conversations with people when my avi's naked or generally 'offensive', which's the opposite of what I was expecting... rofl
And I will be the next one to ask... what is that body mod you are using to make your base naked and defined? o.o I don't keep up with "girl" items so I may have missed it thanks to that.

As for the topic, I LOVE to see people dressed up like my favourite characters or characters from movies or TV shows I like.

I only really change my own avatar to cosplay, too. >w<

Wheezing Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Diavolica
*waves madly* emotion_kirakira You were really good at it, too. heart You left out that part. ninja

I'm just barely beating my best cosplay account as far as number of friends go. XD People don't really bother him but people friend him lots and I'm okay with that. :3

BERAAA. 8D heart heart heart Aw, thanks! whee I still think back on those days extremely fondly. 8'D (Not because I was really good at it, but you replying just now reminded me of all those feels. ;_; )

Your characters and cosplays have always been awesome, I'm not surprised to learn that. XD

Tricky Saint

Ven Loraine Jr
Ex vivo
And I will be the next one to ask... what is that body mod you are using to make your base naked and defined? o.o I don't keep up with "girl" items so I may have missed it thanks to that.

As for the topic, I LOVE to see people dressed up like my favourite characters or characters from movies or TV shows I like.

I only really change my own avatar to cosplay, too. >w<
It's a combo of items actually emotion_dowant
The defined base is from the vampire base from The Tree House, the nudity is from the combination of the agape scissors + the madame's wigs, but I'm sure there's plenty of other combos and sources for naked bases.

On topic; Although not so much a trend as a glitch, I think we need the glitchy green goo look back, sure it was annoying but in retrospect it was so much fun too - Can't find any decent items to green goo all over my avatar with these days gonk

Anxious Garbage

I never get approached in towns for cosplaying, but I always seem to get PMs and comments after i post in forums when I cosplay Davesprite from Homestuck.

Its kind of heartwarming.

Peculiar Doll

My little girl has been into mermaids and disney recently so I made an Ariel avatar, among other brightly coloured mermaid outfits I now occasionally wear. Earlier today I was followed by a group of people in towns, saying everything from "wow" and "*hugs*" to pretending to attack/eat me. I was also persistently asked rude questions by a creep who kept sitting his avatar on top of mine and pretending to pick me up or that I belonged to him. Later, someone invited me to cyber... I think that's the most attention and interaction I've had in towns recently, and it's down to the Ariel cosplay.

I like being able to play the character with people in towns, it's a novelty, but I wear it primarily for me. I don't interact on the forums enough for anyone to notice even if I wanted them to ^^. I do love seeing people's cosplay avatars though, especially in towns running around with everyone else or sitting down and talking.

Impassioned Misfit

I wore my Lorne* cosplay for a few weeks earlier this month. I was chuffed with how many people recognized me and said something! I'm hoping my group submission comes together, soon, so I can put him in the Arena!

*aka Krevlornsworth/The Host, from Angel the series. biggrin

I've cosplayed Kanji Tatsumi a few times. People recognize him a bit, too, I won third place in he arenas. I did a Ninth Doctor cosplay last fall, but I only got top 20, which was a bit of a surprise. I'm currently working on cosplays of Maleficent, Deoxys, and Aigis. I've got some basic ideas for others, like Owain and Yarne from Fire Emblem: Awakening. I love cosplaying, but I'm poor and can't do it in real life, so...

QuietSapphire's Princess

Perfect Prophet

10,300 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
ive done alot of cosplays in the past from lizzie from black butler to rin kagamine from vocaloid and even kyoko kirigiri from dangan ronpa
as for if ive gotten noticed its hit and miss depending where i am or what im doing yea ive gotten comments and stuff heck i even had one person become a stalker .....kinda stoped the cosplay the stalker liked for a while lol
I don't think a lot of people get my cosplay without Googling it. I'm also not around frequently.

King Noob

bacon queen
i've gotten quite a few comments and PMs in regards to my sig. it's so nice and i get to geek out whenever i see someone commenting on it. i was thinking of doing an asuka cosplay... but idk. sweatdrop

Your signature entertains me greatly. and you totally should.

Anyways, my avatar is almost always dressed as a character from something. Rarely do I ever have an "original" avatar. I find that it is easier to find others who enjoy the same series as me by having my avatar in a cosplay.

I normally don't like to go into Towns 2 because I feel that people will expect me to act in character, which I don't do lol. Makes me think that I'm doing something wrong by having a cosplay avatar but not roleplaying. I guess it just never appealed to me. sweatdrop

I just really like making cosplays of characters I love. heart

Space Werewolf

My regular avatars are original things, but I cosplay whatever I can manage with my existing inventory, and gold-shop items as needed; I've never targeted anything really expensive just to use it for a character.

I remember doing a Beaker (from the Muppets) cosplay, and I actually got a profile comment when I was briefly Jade from Homestuck (using the Bad Moon ghost wolf as Harley). A few Doctor Who cosplays after I returned to Gaia. Sometimes if other people in a thread I'm in for a while start cosplaying, I'll change mine to match if I can.

Usually my "cosplays" are more "outfits inspired by X character" than a proper cosplay because I get distracted by experimenting with new items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff