Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Nitemare

So, many many years ago, as some really old GCDers may remember (-shakes my cane at you all-), I had a male avvie with a somewhat regular look. Over time, my avatar look (And gender...and species...) changed to a somewhat more mono chromatic look, but over time, I have also attained items that were much closer in look to what I had originally intended for my avatar.

And given what looks used to be for users 5-10 years ago, I was wondering what other's looks would have evolved to if they had kept old styles, but gone with new items for upgrades or slight changes?

So tell us, my fellow Gaians, what would your looks of yesteryear look like with new items and Hairstyles? What items would you have used from today to make changes to the items of yesteryear? Do you still have a place in your heart for those old looks?

(For reference, this was as close to layering tektek could get, and apparently, my old goggles were a no go.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.And now, the updated look, more or less.User Image

Another example from another user!

Camila Espia
User Image I thought those boots were so good, I would never ever need any more shoes ever. Ha.

User Image

Alien Sweetheart

Oh ho ho ho! Believe it or not I haven't changed toooo much. I was human and then I became a zurg and never looked back. I do believe if I were to change back to a human, I would very much look the same as I did before I was zurg. I had the newbie hair and eyes FOREVER.

User Image
Look at that.....what...what....

And of course can't forget the noobie outfit!
User Image

Oh man.... sweatdrop

*Edit* Hmmm I can't get tektek to work for me right now or there would be a image of old me in this outfit...

Perfect Saint

Too bad we have to resort to body mods instead of having the avatar system reworked like they did way, way back.

Old stuff is so bulky. I try to stay clear of them.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Ohh, I used to wear the black G-Lol set with the Grombie skin. That was back when the G-Lol set was the only lacey/frilly clothing available, there's tons more now.
My look before was usually
glasses + hat + layered shirt + stare (eyes only) maybe a nice jacket + sneakers/boots + shorts/pants + sling bag

another, vest + bow tie + hat + glasses + sling bag
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Like something I'd really wear irl
Dem gold shop items
Nowadays tho Id say I mostly use irl clothing Miori makes

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

They would be fuller, richer, and work with darker skinned avis.

My faun legs were the beginning of establishing a look due to sheer laziness/cheapskate/ect. I hated pants, I hated how shoes layered with pants, and most of all I hated how the more femme side of avatars were obviously being catered to.

What I loved about those faun legs (and of course, my boa constrictor), and still do, is the texture. Far too many items these days coming out lack this; often in favor of a cheap recolor blasted by a color spectrum changer thingy (that's what you use in photoshop, right?).

Not to mention that faun legs kept the integrity of the legs instead of dinky weirdo tinyfeet syndrome. Being one of the old items, it layered far more under pants/skirts/shorts/underwear than your average leg mod.

I appreciated the "dated, dense" look because it didn't feel like I had to squint to see avatars in the first place.

Granted, it was difficult at times to use, but hey, rejecting clothes has its perks.

Alien Sweetheart

Ok! I got it to work! Of course they don't have my shoes or arms in it yet...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This was actually really weird for me to do LOL

Rare

ooh, for avatar styles I actually care about, I was first ultramatchy, then matching clutter, and now I've fizzed out to cluttered character avatars that partially match.

my looks form 2007 are not worth mentioning. like, at all. I was a disaster, followed by a matching disaster.

tbh I'm glad matching has kind of gone out of style tho :/

Cursed Abomination

I used to love the big clunky shoes. The Glacier Sleet Boots were my fav with some legwarmers

Now I'll admit I use the leg mods mostly

dancing_ice's Fangirl

Looking back, the only thing consistent with my avatars is long hair + bangs. I sported the silk one from the salon for a long long time. blaugh

I'm still trying to make an avi with a panda hat, (now that I finally could afford one! lol) with the more recent items, I collected black and white items, but it's just...well, let's just say I don't know how to use it. gonk

Nowadays I like my avi to be cutesy without being pink. blaugh

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Well for one thing, back then I used to exclusively use the female base because the male one was atrocious to work with.
I used to do the red/black/white combo a lot. A lot of my avatars back then were a disaster looking back though my photobucket now. emotion_facepalm
Only one of them I think aged pretty well though:
User Image

Then I started getting into the who matchy-matchy clutterfest phase. My current is sort of a throw back to that style now that we have so many more colors to work with.
There was one avatar in particular that I like wearing around a lot:
User Image
I tried to make an "updated" version of it. Tried.
User Image

Magical Bunny

I used to be really big into belt tops and snowboard pants. I guess I could give an updated avatar of that a shot. rofl

fxxkin demon

I still have all the items from the first dream avatar I quested. It's a cute little matchy-match thing with suspenders and heart boxers. I put it on around my Gaia anniversary. I have updated it a little, mostly with items that I could never afford in the beginning like a chain wallet and of course my devil tail/HotD combo.

I got stuck in the matching thing for a long time then I slowly started moving toward a character base look. I have a lot more fun with my avatar than I did back then now that I see him like one of my dolls.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
In my last months before I took a 2 and a half year hiatus/quit, I decided on my demon look. She had a pink and blond wig from one of the gold shops, demonic horns, and some sexy lingerie.

I got rid of the pink and went full blond. I'm still a demon now and I don't really want to be anything else! Though I am crafting an outfit for my character's previous angelic form before she became a fallen angel (and full fledged demon), so that will be exciting. >w<

I don't really remember the actual outfit I used but I do have lots of nice avatar art. <3

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
I'm just glad Al no longer has to be an Angel Imp in a blocky, weird-looking kimono. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff