Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Kyasuri
AKB0048
Kyasuri
I sent them the explanation I have above, but they ignored it. So much for "listening".

Wow, what really? So users can't even complain about gold generators anymore? I'd definitely file a ticket. That is some amazing level of BS. It's not a feature. Gaia is literally selling gold by the billions and it's made the marketplace insane.
yeah, it had my blood boiling. But it helped me see they don't care. They're riding this into the ground then jumping ship. Gaia is the honey badger, and the honey badger don't care. Honey badger takes what he wants.

As for the ticket, I can't forsee Gaia taking my side on my censorship. They don't want my explanation out there, simple as that.

The explanation is certainly very detailed and at the very least I'd leave it in like a journal and pimp that thing out.

Kokuryuu

What makes me most mad is that now they're bold-faced lying to their users about it. But yes, I've also noticed the major decrease in sales for limited items. Many forums have ground to a halt too. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the 20k users online now were bots since apparently Gaia's also blatantly ignoring the botting issue on the MP.

Fashionable Star

20,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Kyasuri
Evetwo
Kyasuri
X MissJessielyn X
Kyasuri
And no, there's no redeeming this. Gaia f#@$ed up.

wait so it cant be fixed?
I don't see how. The average a year ago was at half a billion steady. Now I see no end to its ascent into madness. But the mods are CONVINCED them releasing these awful rigs are helping to combat inflation. None of them will listen to reason AND THEN, even if we could convince mods of the truth, what can they do? They're not the greedy marketing team , and I highly doubt they have any say over anything the sobs do. We're too far down the rabbit hole. This ship is sinking. (Sorry I used to be hopeful and an outspoken advocate against rigs. That was until a mod recycled my thread for having this truth proving explanation up on my first post. Once I was censored, my eyes opened to how much they don't care what we have to say).

Also if I see a new thread about inflation, or someone saying inflation is the users fault, I'll post this. Feel free to spread it however you see fit heart

Every time I see someone claiming that none of the inflation is the user's fault I lose my faith in humanity just a little bit more...
do you mean to say "inflation is all the users fault"? If not, the users have a hand in it, yes, but it's a very SMALL hand. Please see the explanation above for why it's the majority of gaias fault.

I saw the explanation and fully comprehended it, thank you- it's intended point and it's self-serving "It wasn't me!" attitude. So tell me, how is it Gaia's fault when some jerkass sees that an item that Gaia had successfully re-released enough times to drop it from, say, a billion or so down to about ten million is getting a little thin on the market and decides it'd be fun to buy it out and bring it back up even higher than it had been before the re-release? I see this happen every freaking day, and trying to force the prices back down is damned near impossible because somebody might just decide to swoop in, take whatever I've slashed the price on personally, and try to resell it for an obscene profit. This then leads other Gaians to complain about needing more gold, about gold needing to be easier to get, and so on, so the administration tries to appease them by upping the amounts granted by the generators. Oh wow, there's something that everybody conveniently forgets! Gaia wouldn't have any reason to release these generators if the demand for it wasn't speaking for itself! Gaians who run the market or make demands like that are just as much part of the problem as the Gaian administration, who is frantically re-releasing items every chance they get in the hopes of stabilizing some of the prices, and saying that the users have a very "small" hand in it is wishful thinking at best and, frankly, much closer akin to self-delusional ignorance in a lot of the worst complainers I see. If it's any comfort at all, I see you as too educated to be considered one of the self-delusional, but in it's own way that just makes me shake my head even more...

Don't assume that someone who disagrees with you didn't read your post. It could be that they've just been battling the inflation in a different way and seeing first-hand how futile the users are making it despite any complaints or pleas on their part.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Evetwo

That's because that's their intention when marketing these things. Normally, methods like that don't work simply because there's only so much gold they can spend and there's competition from other people selling. However, when you suddenly give people extremely large amounts of gold, that s**t happens and it does work because people suddenly have enough gold to also pay the inflated prices. Gaia knows about this. How long do you think they've been around? How long do you think a concept like Artificial Inflation has been around much less complained about? Users figured that s**t down to a science.

Gaia's shut down 3rd party websites because they acknowledged that adding too much gold to the economy is harmful. They also nerfed gold grants several times for zOMG and Booty Grab for the same reason. I'm sorry, but you have a very backwards way of thinking about it. There is ZERO chance the administration has any kind of good or honest intent with these things.
Evetwo
Kyasuri
Evetwo
Kyasuri
X MissJessielyn X
Kyasuri

I don't see how. The average a year ago was at half a billion steady. Now I see no end to its ascent into madness. But the mods are CONVINCED them releasing these awful rigs are helping to combat inflation. None of them will listen to reason AND THEN, even if we could convince mods of the truth, what can they do? They're not the greedy marketing team , and I highly doubt they have any say over anything the sobs do. We're too far down the rabbit hole. This ship is sinking. (Sorry I used to be hopeful and an outspoken advocate against rigs. That was until a mod recycled my thread for having this truth proving explanation up on my first post. Once I was censored, my eyes opened to how much they don't care what we have to say).

Also if I see a new thread about inflation, or someone saying inflation is the users fault, I'll post this. Feel free to spread it however you see fit heart

Every time I see someone claiming that none of the inflation is the user's fault I lose my faith in humanity just a little bit more...
do you mean to say "inflation is all the users fault"? If not, the users have a hand in it, yes, but it's a very SMALL hand. Please see the explanation above for why it's the majority of gaias fault.

I saw the explanation and fully comprehended it, thank you- it's intended point and it's self-serving "It wasn't me!" attitude. So tell me, how is it Gaia's fault when some jerkass sees that an item that Gaia had successfully re-released enough times to drop it from, say, a billion or so down to about ten million is getting a little thin on the market and decides it'd be fun to buy it out and bring it back up even higher than it had been before the re-release? I see this happen every freaking day, and trying to force the prices back down is damned near impossible because somebody might just decide to swoop in, take whatever I've slashed the price on personally, and try to resell it for an obscene profit. This then leads other Gaians to complain about needing more gold, about gold needing to be easier to get, and so on, so the administration tries to appease them by upping the amounts granted by the generators. Oh wow, there's something that everybody conveniently forgets! Gaia wouldn't have any reason to release these generators if the demand for it wasn't speaking for itself! Gaians who run the market or make demands like that are just as much part of the problem as the Gaian administration, who is frantically re-releasing items every chance they get in the hopes of stabilizing some of the prices, and saying that the users have a very "small" hand in it is wishful thinking at best and, frankly, much closer akin to self-delusional ignorance in a lot of the worst complainers I see. If it's any comfort at all, I see you as too educated to be considered one of the self-delusional, but in it's own way that just makes me shake my head even more...

Don't assume that someone who disagrees with you didn't read your post. It could be that they've just been battling the inflation in a different way and seeing first-hand how futile the users are making it despite any complaints or pleas on their part.

I see your point here in that the users are demanding it, but by fulfilling these demands of the few who can spend actual money they're driving out a much larger amount of people can't. Also, theyre only contributing to the inflation. They need to at the very least limit some of this and help get the market place to what it once was. I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but I disagree with the fact that they're as much to blame. Partial blame? yes. As bad as those who are completely taking advantage of them and continuously making it worse by continuing to entice them to buy more items? No.

Cheery Capitalist

Evetwo
Kyasuri
Evetwo
Kyasuri
X MissJessielyn X
Kyasuri

On the other hand, those items shouldn't even be re-released in the first place. The thing about MCs and RIGs in the past, was that they were going to be available for only a limited time, and then once they were gone they were gone forever, and so the prices were what they were.

Big ticket items were rare and thus high priced, and knowing that it was going to stay rare, people would quest hard for it, by being active in games and the forum. There were no gold gens, so there was no shortcut for users to be able to quickly snatch it off the market, and knowing that, sellers would not (and often could not) be buying out multitudes of lower priced items and set them for a higher price - not when they need gold themselves too, and sitting on top of a pile of stocks that one has no idea how fast will clear out is hardly a prudent thing to do.

Fashionable Star

20,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Kokuryuu
Evetwo
Kyasuri
Evetwo
Kyasuri

On the other hand, those items shouldn't even be re-released in the first place. The thing about MCs and RIGs in the past, was that they were going to be available for only a limited time, and then once they were gone they were gone forever, and so the prices were what they were.

Big ticket items were rare and thus high priced, and knowing that it was going to stay rare, people would quest hard for it, by being active in games and the forum. There were no gold gens, so there was no shortcut for users to be able to quickly snatch it off the market, and knowing that, sellers would not (and often could not) be buying out multitudes of lower priced items and set them for a higher price - not when they need gold themselves too, and sitting on top of a pile of stocks that one has no idea how fast will clear out is hardly a prudent thing to do.

Actually, I knew sellers who actually were trying to buy items and raise the prices for profit years ago. My distaste for that sort of business loooong precedes the current inflation issues around here... sadly...

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Kokuryuu

RIGs were never guaranteed to be limited. MCs were until last year when sisky basically told the userbase they were retarded and greedy and said they'd toss the "no mass re-release" thing out the window even though that's actually false advertisement for people who bought them when that was the deal and when it was advertised like that.

But yeah. At this point, people are just ******** around with the marketplace because they don't know what else to do. The entire marketplace is a giant ******** mess. People have a s**t ton of gold and literally nothing to do with it other than d**k around. It's funny because Gaia apparently has a policy against AIing, but my guess is no way to enforce it because that s**t is happening everywhere.

And, as items dry up, people who also have too much gold panic and just buy whatever's there. That's because the economy is so ******** now that AIing sticks extremely easily.

Fashionable Star

20,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo
Kyasuri
Evetwo
Kyasuri

I see your point here in that the users are demanding it, but by fulfilling these demands of the few who can spend actual money they're driving out a much larger amount of people can't. Also, theyre only contributing to the inflation. They need to at the very least limit some of this and help get the market place to what it once was. I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but I disagree with the fact that they're as much to blame. Partial blame? yes. As bad as those who are completely taking advantage of them and continuously making it worse by continuing to entice them to buy more items? No.

I understand where you're trying to come from here, I really do... but I've made well over two hundred dollars worth of Gaia cash from Gaia's offers system to get cash shop items that I really, really wanted, so I'm actually probably a lot less sympathetic to this than most people would want me to be. Gaia actually does give the opportunity for people who don't want to spend money on Gaia itself, or sometimes even spend money at all, to still get cash and cash shop items. I kind of wonder if most users are even aware of this anymore, though...

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Evetwo

I understand where you're trying to come from here, I really do... but I've made well over two hundred dollars worth of Gaia cash from Gaia's offers system to get cash shop items that I really, really wanted, so I'm actually probably a lot less sympathetic to this than most people would want me to be. Gaia actually does give the opportunity for people who don't want to spend money on Gaia itself, or sometimes even spend money at all, to still get cash and cash shop items. I kind of wonder if most users are even aware of this anymore, though...

Offers are glitchy and don't pay out for most people. Even some of the video offers don't pay out. You can get by without buying if you already have a lot, but can you imagine someone just starting out looking at the MP, especially now?

For example, even now as we're talking about how ******** the MP is, Gaia puts up another ad for Bling Blast. That's their goal and intention. Item price went completely fubar? Here. Pay us money for gold so you can buy it anyway! And the process repeats itself. That's why the payouts have been getting exponentially high. Gold has devalued so much that they have to keep cranking up how much they give out so people will even bother.

The extra plus side (for them) is that people are extra tempted to simply buy CS items from the Cash Shop instead of the MP since the gold to cash ratio is like 1 billion to 1 dollar now.
Evetwo
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo
Kyasuri
Evetwo
Kyasuri

But that's only if you want to spend hours watching ads or signing up for things that you dont want to waste or time with or taking stupid surveys. So the gaians who have real money can enjoy the site and buy whatever they want while everyone else has to watch ads and deal with that bs just so they can barely afford an item that could have been achieved by doing something enjoyable like playing a game just a couple months ago. In what way is that fair? It isnt. In fact, its an excellent way to get people to leave and join other sites where they can enjoy making their virtual money and decorating their avatar. However, I must say I admire your patience to deal with all that. It must have taken quite a while

Cheery Capitalist

AKB0048
Kokuryuu

RIGs were never guaranteed to be limited. MCs were until last year when sisky basically told the userbase they were retarded and greedy and said they'd toss the "no mass re-release" thing out the window even though that's actually false advertisement for people who bought them when that was the deal and when it was advertised like that.

But yeah. At this point, people are just ******** around with the marketplace because they don't know what else to do. The entire marketplace is a giant ******** mess. People have a s**t ton of gold and literally nothing to do with it other than d**k around. It's funny because Gaia apparently has a policy against AIing, but my guess is no way to enforce it because that s**t is happening everywhere.

And, as items dry up, people who also have too much gold panic and just buy whatever's there. That's because the economy is so ******** now that AIing sticks extremely easily.

I stand corrected. I thought the RIGs would be offered for only a limited time as well, but now that I think about it, I think I did see some rereleases of a few items way back when.

Still, I must say that even then the item rereleases were not so messed up as they are now. Things like Milk the Cat and Cheshire Kitten used to be amidst some of the really high priced items, but back when Dice Roll (or Dice something, I forget which one it was) came out these two suddenly became common items and their values just plummeted to virtually nothing.

As it is it's not safe anymore for users to hold investments in gold OR items. I used to be avid about the MP, but nowadays even I find myself why I bother as I compete to sell things and buy stuff for myself and friends.

Fashionable Star

20,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
AKB0048
Evetwo

Offers are glitchy and don't pay out for most people. Even some of the video offers don't pay out. You can get by without buying if you already have a lot, but can you imagine someone just starting out looking at the MP, especially now?

For example, even now as we're talking about how ******** the MP is, Gaia puts up another ad for Bling Blast. That's their goal and intention. Item price went completely fubar? Here. Pay us money for gold so you can buy it anyway! And the process repeats itself. That's why the payouts have been getting exponentially high. Gold has devalued so much that they have to keep cranking up how much they give out so people will even bother.

The extra plus side (for them) is that people are extra tempted to simply buy CS items from the Cash Shop instead of the MP since the gold to cash ratio is like 1 billion to 1 dollar now.

Offers are glitchy, yes, but it actually only takes them a few hours, sometimes a few days, to reset themselves and start working again. Most of the time this means it's perfectly possible to get an item before it has a chance to leave the shop. Admittedly I've missed one or two things, but hey, when Gaia releases a Castiel item of course it's going to sell out before the announcement even goes up....

Maybe you could spend less time complaining at Gaia's administration and more time trying to convince the users buying the gold rigs to stop, then? You're right, there is a process there; Gaia gets a demand from users, fulfills it as best they can, jerk-asses ruin attempt at good thing, users complain more, Gaia tries to accommodate new demands... I for one am thinking of starting a petition to re-introduce caps on the marketplace, because that would actually be a valid method to keep prices from skyrocketing... but of course, I doubt I'll get many signatures once people figure out that they can no longer charge fifty billion for something just because nobody else is selling it at the time.

I'm sorry, it's just that literal years of dealing with the marketplace and the firmly-ingrained knowledge that this type of user has been there all along has made me very cynical in some regards... I should probably just shut up and go to bed, I'm well-aware that I'm the unpopular opinion here and you guys don't deserve to have to deal with me getting cranky from lack of sleep...

Fashionable Star

20,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo
Kyasuri

But that's only if you want to spend hours watching ads or signing up for things that you dont want to waste or time with or taking stupid surveys. So the gaians who have real money can enjoy the site and buy whatever they want while everyone else has to watch ads and deal with that bs just so they can barely afford an item that could have been achieved by doing something enjoyable like playing a game just a couple months ago. In what way is that fair? It isnt. In fact, its an excellent way to get people to leave and join other sites where they can enjoy making their virtual money and decorating their avatar. However, I must say I admire your patience to deal with all that. It must have taken quite a while

Actually the only times it ever took any patience where when it glitched a bit and I had to give it time to reset. Most offers take only a few minutes (except the surveys, never bother with those things) and in a few cases I've gotten really great deals on stuff I already wanted, so the Gaia cash was like a handy bonus.

Look at it this way: I did an offer for a hunting knife. I paid five bucks shipping and handling. I collect swords and blades; this thing is now a nifty part of that collection, it was inexpensive, and I got something shiny online in the process. That's not taking much patience, that's me genuinely feeling like I got the better end of the deal. There are tons of different kinds of offers out there and some of them can really pay off. The only thing that takes "patience" is sorting through them to find the ones that are just the right fit for you.

But seriously, don't bother with the survey ones. Those ones, I will admit, genuinely never work...
Evetwo
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo
Kyasuri

Actually the only times it ever took any patience where when it glitched a bit and I had to give it time to reset. Most offers take only a few minutes (except the surveys, never bother with those things) and in a few cases I've gotten really great deals on stuff I already wanted, so the Gaia cash was like a handy bonus.

Look at it this way: I did an offer for a hunting knife. I paid five bucks shipping and handling. I collect swords and blades; this thing is now a nifty part of that collection, it was inexpensive, and I got something shiny online in the process. That's not taking much patience, that's me genuinely feeling like I got the better end of the deal. There are tons of different kinds of offers out there and some of them can really pay off. The only thing that takes "patience" is sorting through them to find the ones that are just the right fit for you.

But seriously, don't bother with the survey ones. Those ones, I will admit, genuinely never work...

Fair enough.....I suppose the one thing we can all agree on though is that this isnt headed anywhere good. Gaia is in for rough times my friends sad

Fashionable Star

20,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo
X MissJessielyn X
Evetwo

Fair enough.....I suppose the one thing we can all agree on though is that this isnt headed anywhere good. Gaia is in for rough times my friends sad

I, for one, am ready to just ride it out. I kinda hope more people feel the same; I really do think we can get this back if we focus on all of the issues dragging the site down.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff