Welcome to Gaia! ::

We're done! Check the first post for prize info!

. 1 100.0% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Smuts - *stretches* Time for a break, methinks.
jade;; i'd be inclined to agree if i wasn't almost to an awkward stripping scene.

High-functioning Lunatic

I think I'll be going to bed soon...

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Time to settle in for the evening, I think! Hello all.
hello terradi how are you doing?
petit;; sleep well when you decide to go. sleep is very good for the soul.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
prince -- not bad. really need to kick my own butt and get back to writing on a regular basis. After the wedding. Before then ... well, I know the next week's going to be chaos no matter what, so I'm willing to let myself slide a little longer.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Smuts - Omg. We get to see this awkward stripping scene later, right?

Wait. I have the link to your doc. What do I care? Nevermind. xD
terradi;; yes, after the wedding regular writing is a must. before is a little hectic though. is it your wedding?

jade;; rofl

i'll highlight it just for you when i get that far
had to go to the store so it got put on hold.

Fanatical Cultist

*dies of research*

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH TO SORT THROUGH ON PERSIAN MYTH?

And it all differs with names and terminology depending on what timeframe you're using and then if you're going for pure Avesta or Zoroastrian philosophy and ohmigawd I'm never gonna get through it all! cat_gonk

ALSO HOUND CAN'T ACTUALLY BE A HOUND SINCE DOGS HAVE ZERO THINGS TO DO WITH THE PERSIAN UNDERWORLD BUT I DON'T WANT TO WESTERNIZE!

emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Smuts - Gracias. emotion_awesome I read some while I was eating dinner, but I didn't catch up all the way.

Nuclear Werewolf

Reading all these RETs is giving me the warm fuzzies. cat_4laugh Nice work, erryone!

Phade: Resort to bullshit? Also, what of jackals and other canids?

Fanatical Cultist

Al - Considering I'm working with Persian spirits which often have to do with religion, I feel like I should at least make an attempt to be accurate.

Other canids existed in Persia, sure, but they have nothing to do with the underworld which is where Hound is supposed to be based.

I DID HOWEVER JUST VERIFY THAT I NEED TO WORK WITH TERMINOLOGY FROM ZOROASTRIANISM. THIS IS PROGRESS.

Nuclear Werewolf

Phade: Mm, sticky. Don't want to have to retcon Hound into, say, Skunk or something. emotion_awesome Maybe have that be more a factor of demonic whim than religion?

Yay progress of some sort!

Ha, not looking forward to a NaNo or two from now where I will be researching the hell out of South American culture and history and language. cat_sweatdrop

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
prince -- it is!

Phade -- My fiancee is half-Persian. I'd volunteer him to answer your questions, but his knowledge is fairly limited.

Fanatical Cultist

Al - I think I'm just gonna basically have him be called a dog for being low-status and an errand-boy, more or less. You know "dog of such and such" and what not.

UPSIDE IS I GET TO MAKE HIM A MANTICORE NOW!

Terra - ANY AND ALL RELIABLE INFORMATION HE MIGHT PROVIDE IN REGARDS TO THE ZOROASTRIANISM PHILOSOPHY, IN PARTICULAR DEALING WITH THE SPIRITS ANGRA AND SPENTA MAINYU AND AHURA MAZDA (and the correct versions of their names via Zoroaster) WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff