Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Connoisseur

Jeffrey M Roth
I have a really hard time trying to match the colors of the Mohawk Mane and Tail from the Kelp o'th' Loch item.

And forget trying to match the brown highland cow hair from Spirit of Scotland. gonk It also does not play well with hats or any of the hair altering mods.

That being said, Bitter Black only matches two things (that I have found so far). Nicks and Giggles, and Beastly Professor. The weird kind of... dark lilac? I guess? is a pain in the a** to find a match for. The only other item that I've found that comes close is Seven Day Love, but it's still not close enough for my brain to say it matches.

Mostly drinkytengu's items are hard to match.
Also, have you tried Dimmet Legionnaire and Eventide Condotierre for Bitter Black?

Tiny Inquisitor

Daltar

Mostly drinkytengu's items are hard to match.
Also, have you tried Dimmet Legionnaire and Eventide Condotierre for Bitter Black?

Now that I think about it, the Furugasa is also a buttpain to match. Which is lame because I really dig drinkytengu's style. Alas.

Ooh! I just looked those up, thanks. The verdict is... that those are close, but the lilac in those isn't as dark. It's pretty damn close - like Seven Day Love. If I could afford those two I would probably deal with the 'not quite the perfect match' just so I could wear my lovely Bitter Black wig with the Beastly Professor fringe & glasses. It's my favorite hairstyle on Gaia.

Versatile Sex Symbol

15,100 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Partygoer 500
Bleeding Apocalypse

I went through the exact same dilemma myself! I wanted Pavonine boots so bad and then finally got them, but when I tried to make an avatar with them it was by far the biggest challenge I've faced with an item on Gaia. At a glance, you think Gaia has enough golden cream, red, and teal items to make a very nice avatar, one that people will look at and think "wow that looks great!" once it's completed but it was impossible for me to finish an avatar. Ended up selling the boots soon after. I just couldn't take it.

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Timid 100
Marie-Cris
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Gothic Veil.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if there are items out there that match that dark shade of purple, but there's none in my inventory ... aside from more gothic veils.

Well... I had this avatar for a while, but I think I used the Gothic Veil very well on my current avatar... (see the corset, and the skirt in between Omen skirt, and Minerva's dress).

Anyway... I would say one of the most annoying items to match is Inconsisten Sea. That shade of blue on hair bow, dress, and leg mod is really lovely, but there's basically no items that matches the exact same shade of blue.

Gracious Muse

16,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I just started a thread in Avatar Talk about Necrodancer. I really like this item - but my god, I've never had so much trouble matching an item.
Generic Breed
WIND SECURITY BLANKET. BECAUSE NOTHING, NOT ONE THING, IS THE SAME COLOR.
HAHA this.

Playful Kitten

LULLING LUCIE doesn't match jack s**t!!! It's not quite mint, not quite powder blue, not quite teal nor even aquamarine.... it's this oversaturated garbage that makes me cry at the lost potential!!!

I've noticed Puriel wings don't match anything either.

Maybe they match eachother? rofl

edit: Just checked! Fairly close in hue, but lucie is darker than puriel. rofl good lord these items have problems.

Fluffy Trickster

not everything have to be all match in the exact shade to me
so I can wear it even if it's only complementary or different shade.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Frozen Mist
LULLING LUCIE doesn't match jack s**t!!! It's not quite mint, not quite powder blue, not quite teal nor even aquamarine.... it's this oversaturated garbage that makes me cry at the lost potential!!!

I've noticed Puriel wings don't match anything either.

Maybe they match eachother? rofl

edit: Just checked! Fairly close in hue, but lucie is darker than puriel. rofl good lord these items have problems.

Well, that's a shame because I really like the pale blue color, but that shade in particular was kind of a head-scratcher. Maybe in the future we'll get something that matches it better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff