Welcome to Gaia! ::

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
What got you started buying manga? Do you sell them after reading them or build up a library? Do you feel that it fulfills you in some way?

asadgrill's Compadre

There are a few reasons why I buy them. The main reason would be that since I can't watch anime everywhere I go, if I have the manga I can read my favorite parts whenever I want to, wherever I go. You can relive the stories over and over again as long as you have the manga. It's also interesting to see it in its original form, especially the art. And I also think it's important to support the authors by buying the volumes. The last reason would be that the more manga you have, the cooler it looks on your shelves xD

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
oO-Towels-Oo
There are a few reasons why I buy them. The main reason would be that since I can't watch anime everywhere I go, if I have the manga I can read my favorite parts whenever I want to, wherever I go. You can relive the stories over and over again as long as you have the manga. It's also interesting to see it in its original form, especially the art. And I also think it's important to support the authors by buying the volumes. The last reason would be that the more manga you have, the cooler it looks on your shelves xD

The best part: no filler episodes! xd

asadgrill's Compadre

Clover_IceQueen
oO-Towels-Oo

The best part: no filler episodes! xd

Haha YES. That's most important.

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
My first manga was Love Hina, the story interested me and I've been buying ever since. My fiance and I have 3 bookshelves for all of our manga. I just finished Negima (38 volumes) and I've been slowing down a bit.

Feral Phantom

The very first manga I bought was Kamichama Karin. I then, over time, got the whole series. It was cool though, because I had a small bookshelf and wanted to fill it up, so I bought more.
Now I have like 500 manga volumes, if not more, and no place to put them. xD
But I like them. Instead of reading them online, I get to flip through the pages, and you know...

I can't do this without sounding nerdy. emotion_facepalm
I just like to have them. owo

Mage

I guess for me it's like collecting art.
I just like having them so I can flip through them at any time and admire the art.
Since it can get expensive though I recently only buy like a couple volumes per series.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Lady_Brighteyes
My first manga was Love Hina, the story interested me and I've been buying ever since. My fiance and I have 3 bookshelves for all of our manga. I just finished Negima (38 volumes) and I've been slowing down a bit.

I look forward to the day when I move in with my boyfriend and we can morph our separate collections into one giant one mrgreen I'm the manga collector, and he's into figurines, so we'll balance each other out 3nodding

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Miyuki Evee
The very first manga I bought was Kamichama Karin. I then, over time, got the whole series. It was cool though, because I had a small bookshelf and wanted to fill it up, so I bought more.
Now I have like 500 manga volumes, if not more, and no place to put them. xD
But I like them. Instead of reading them online, I get to flip through the pages, and you know...

I can't do this without sounding nerdy. emotion_facepalm
I just like to have them. owo

We all sound nerdy here, so don't worry.
I know your pain, though. I had to stack my manga on top of my bookshelf previously, but I got a bigger one for Christmas. Now, as long as I have two rows on every shelf, I can make them fit. 3nodding I have gotten a lot of new manga recently, so I'm hoping to reorganize my collection soon. I'm like Twilight Sparkle in the sense that I love reshelfing day whee

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
Clover_IceQueen
Lady_Brighteyes

I look forward to the day when I move in with my boyfriend and we can morph our separate collections into one giant one mrgreen I'm the manga collector, and he's into figurines, so we'll balance each other out 3nodding

My fiance has a couple figurines as well. I love the chibi ones 4laugh

Familiar Trickster

the story and the art style

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Lady_Brighteyes
Clover_IceQueen
Lady_Brighteyes

Which ones does he have?

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
Clover_IceQueen
Lady_Brighteyes
Clover_IceQueen
Lady_Brighteyes

Which ones does he have?

He has Nenroid K-on (all four girls as a band plus Mio and Mugi as a maid), Mocha's sister Kokoa from Rosario Vampire, Miharu from Working!, Mikiru Asahina in punk lolita, Miku Hatsune winter nendroid, Yoko from Gurren Lagann in a bikini. I have Vash the Stampede and Isabelle from Animal Crossing.

Magical Star

I don't have that much manga anymore. I used to buy a few Sailor Moon and Inuyasha volumes when I was younger. I also bought a few of Deathnote in middle school.

These days the only manga I have on my bookshelf is:
- Naruto (volumes 1, 2, and 3)
- Doubt (1 and 2)
- Kingdom Hearts (1 and 2)
- Blue Exorcist (1 - 10)

I had only recently bought all of Blue Exorcist. I had watched the anime about a week ago and I wasn't satisfied, so I bought the manga because it's very different. I never thought I'd get into buying manga again, but there's something about this series that I really like. (: I also like the idea that I'll be able to keep these forever. DVDs might be replaced by Blu-Ray one day and then Blu-Ray replaced by something else, but I can always read a book no matter what or where I am.

Also, what if the zombie apocalypse comes and we can't watch anything! All my Naruto DVDs will be useless. The only entertainment I'll have is from books and manga! Things that don't need electricity! lol, sorry, I just think like this sometimes.

LushWinterWolf's Partner

Invisible Phantom

I was struggling back in like Elementary school (Im not twenty-one years old 8D ) with reading so my mother picked me up a Manga, the first one was .Hack The Legend of The Twilight Bracelet and from there on I've been reading Manga's and watching Anime. In my room I have over $1,000-1,500 ( maybe even more since I last counted ) worth of Manga's I recently JUST JUST got my package with Free Collars Kingdom Book One (finally!!! Had ordered book two and got that within no time book one took longer and was 6 days late stressed ) I plan on keeping every manga I own through out my life. None of the spines of the book is bent either, I only have to replace on book because when I was young and my little sister was young I was reading Tokyo Mew Mew (forget which book number at the time) and she dropped her drink and it spilled all over my book crying damaging pages and discoloring them so I have to replace that book.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff