Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Phantom

Even the greatest sagas have their bad eggs. Discuss which one (or ones) just did not gel with you.

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

Zelda, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I still enjoyed them to an extent, but for some reason the touch screen controls really detract from the Zelda experience to me. Not to mention they just didn't feel as compelling as other titles in the franchise. I'm glad that A Link Between Worlds uses the buttons rather than the touch screen.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Monster Hunter 4 because it's not out here. It's not "gellin" with me. emotion_donotwant

Divine Genius

Harvest Moon Series:
For me, A Wonderful Life, Harvest Moon DS, and Island of Happiness.
A wonderful life just felt too flat with their characters, days felt too long, very little (plus not interesting) candidate choices, and I got tired of the main char's stomach growling too much in the beginning of the game. Eat the damn Mugwort and enjoy it! D:
Harvest Moon DS: too buggy to enjoy, please test thoroughly before release...
Island of Happiness: THEM CONTROLS! Thank goodness Sunshine Islands was a good pretty much remake of this catastrophe with tolerable controls.

Paper Mario Series
Sticker Stars... No leveling system and forced item styled battle system. Was fun at first got boring quick and battles felt pointless after a while.

Final Fantasy Series
Final Fantasy 12 and 13.
12's story was hard to get into and characters felt flat.
13's gameplay irritated me because it took the control out of my hands and left it mainly to the ai which weren't really customizable. Also not as much variety in skills/magics due to them only using what's in their paradigm at each time. Switching it over and over got annoying.

Zelda
Adventure of Link II: Completely different gameplay and just felt awkward for me and not as fun. I understand though that they didn't establish the series long enough to set into a gameplay style yet and it was probably experimenting. I'm glad Link to the Past and all the games afterwards were nothing like the second game.

Zealot

Mass Effect 2 & 3
Dragon Age II

Not sure if I'll touch a Bioware product for sometime.

Bryagh's Significant Otter

Virtuous Man-Lover

Favorite series: Castlevania

Worst game: Harmony of Dissonance
favorite series: Monster Hunter

Unfortunately I don't hate any monster hunter game. So uh, number two: Zelda

I don't hate games, but the one I find the most lackluster is Oot. It's just really boring to me.
XBalmung
Monster Hunter 4 because it's not out here. It's not "gellin" with me. emotion_donotwant

okay you changed my mind I hate MH4 because I don't have it
B(

Benevolent Phantom

Khaleesi of the Dragon
Zelda, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I still enjoyed them to an extent, but for some reason the touch screen controls really detract from the Zelda experience to me. Not to mention they just didn't feel as compelling as other titles in the franchise. I'm glad that A Link Between Worlds uses the buttons rather than the touch screen.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY emotion_donotwant

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I'm going to be contrary to everyone else and say my least favourite Mass Effect game was the first one. Granted that might be because I've played it waaaay more than the other two.

Wheezing Gekko

I wouldn't say most 'loved', but Sonic and the Secret Rings felt terrible while Sonic Lost Worlds was potentially good at first glance, but leaves a pretty bitter aftertaste.
Dragon Quest 2.
only because you can only warp to the last town you saved in.
this wasnt a problem with the first game since you can go anywhere in the game in less than 5 minutes from the game's single save point(provided youre strong enough).
in DQ2 however the world is so much larger than DQ1(it even includes all of DQ1's world, and that only makes up a tiny portion of the map) and iirc there isnt even a (useful) map to to help you.

if they remade it and had the warping be simmilar to every game in the series after 2 then id have no problems with DQ2.
as it is now though i pretty much refuse to play it unless i use an online map or something(the map provided in the GBA version doesnt really help since it doesnt have all the towns on it).

Benevolent Phantom

Thanacytus
Favorite series: Castlevania

Worst game: Harmony of Dissonance

Castlevania's mine, too, but I kinda like HD. It has some bigs flaws (on Xbox), but I enjoy it nonetheless. I actually don't have a most hated game in this series, but then again, I haven't played LoS...

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
I wouldn't say favorite series but I enjoyed Assassin's Creed until I played Revelations and 3.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff