Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User ImageCELESTE SOLSTICE
XXxa.k.a. Luxx

Lux flew over the crowd, a golden comet that the camera's eagerly followed before she disappeared in a flash of light. She'd frozen in place for far too long in that warehouse and she was sure that Katsumi would have used that to his advantage... He'd been severely injured, she had given him quite the beating, and she knew there was no way he'd be able to get that far that fast... Her golden gaze swept over the alleyways and rooftops, roads and sidewalks, keeping an eye out for the man dressed in red and black.There was an empty cell waiting for him back at base... Sheera would probably interrogate him if she was feeling up to it and that would result in Katsumi getting injured even worse than he was now. Why did she care? He was a criminal! He'd taken hostages and threatened what would essentially turn into genocide! She couldn't care that he might get injured more... Caring about a perfect stranger would only lead to her friends being hurt. Her friends were her family and she had to protect them. Wait... There! A man walking down the street with a slight limp, dressed in a red and black costume. She changed course, heading directly for the man she had spotted. Lux landed with enough force to slightly crater the ground, causing the man in the red and black uniform to stumble backwards in fear as she straightened up. The fire in her eyes dimmed upon realizing that the man before her... Was not Katsumi. It was... Someone else entirely. But the uniform was the same, she was sure of it. What were the odds that there was someone else wandering the city, dressed in the same clothing? Slim to none, if she had to guess. What this looked like was that Katsumi had chosen some unwitting homeless man to walk around th city in the clothing that he'd worn as the King's Blade. The homeless would do almost anything for anyone if offered a little monetary gain; they didn't care who was in charge, because their position wouldn't change regardless of who was ruling. It was saddening. She'd need to talk to RedHawk about finding a way to improve the homeless situation in London. "I'm very sorry," she said softly as the man cringed away from her. "I thought you were someone else. Where did you get that... costume?" Her gentle words caused the man to stop flinching and stand up straight, though he still seemed a little frightened. The homeless man informed her that an injured Asian man had offered two one-hundred pound notes to wear the suit and walk around the city with a limp. Lux pondered this for a moment. It was a clever move... After all, he knew that whoever came after him would be looking for a man in a red and black suit and if it was anyone but her, they wouldn't know who they were looking for underneath the mask. No one else knew who Katsumi was or what he looked like... Except for perhaps The Shimmer but he'd been too injured to go after the injured Asian. Of course, most could say that this whole thing could be traced back to the hero and that it was his fault. Most could say that. But Lux wasn't about to place blame, there wasn't time for that; she needed to find Katsumi and bring him in for questioning. "Thank you for your help," she told the homeless man. "However, I suggest you remove that costume as soon as you can; the man who paid you to wear it is a criminal and is being hunted by law enforcement. As we have only seen him in the costume, it is likely that many will mistake you for him if they see you." Her kind words made the man smile, just slightly, and he asked her if she wanted to take the costume with her. When she said yes, he was quick to pull it off, revealing tattered, ratty clothing beneath, and she took it, folding it over her arm before giving him a couple 100 pound notes for his troubles. The homeless man thanked her and went on his way. Lux sighed and folded the uniform properly before flash-traveling it, along with the rest of Katsumi's left over gear, back to her room at the base; she didn't need extra, bulky gear to get in her way while she was looking for him. She jumped into the air, intent on searching longer for him; she had to find him before something else went wrong. And since she was in this area... Lux figured she might as well just search the entire district before moving on to the next one. Katsumi couldn't have gotten that far... Not with the injuries he'd sustained. How could she have injured him so bad? He'd been so nice to her earlier... Even seemed concerned for her safety and for that of her missing 'brother'... Of course... There was no way she could have known it was him... Lux shook her head. No. It didn't matter. Wait. She paused. What was that? There it was again... Screaming... Coming from one of the buildings nearby. Lux flew down, ears perked for the sound, waiting to see if she'd hear it again or if perhaps it was her imagination... No, there it was again... Screams. Someone was begging for... Someone to stop, to leave them alone... Was that... Was that Kayleb's voice? She'd know that anywhere. It was coming from an abandoned factory. Lux shot forward, slamming through the doors and busting them off their hinges as she landed on her feet, golden eyes landing on a group of men, some of which were horribly beaten, and, behind them was... "Falcon!" He was laying in the center of the ring of thugs, seven altogether, blood, teeth, and feathers surrounding him. Two men had his wings pinned down and another was wielding a large carving knife. Her eyes widened and then she shot across the room, slamming into one of the thugs holding one of his wings, where she then used him as a landing pad as they crashed into the wall. A golden whip wrapped itself around the arm of the knife-wielder and he only had a moment to process what was happening before she pulled and twisted, crashing him into the thug holding Kayleb's other wing before ducking under a swing from one of the other thugs, delivering two crushing blows to the mans sternum before breaking his jaw, flooring him. The other thugs seemed to have gotten over their initial shock of her appearance and ran forward, some yelling the various, unoriginal obscenities that included 'b***h' and 'whore'. Lux side-stepped, catching the arm of one thug, breaking it with one powerful thrust before flipping him over her shoulder, kicking up and smashing her foot into another thug's jaw, causing his head to flip to the side as though it was on a hinge before she hooked her foot around the mans ankle and sent him crashing to the floor. The remaining thug stared at her as she straightened, eyes spitting golden fire, and he seemed to debate whether or not he wanted to take on this slim female who fought like a lion. She recognized him, and the other thugs she'd already dispatched, as being the same ones who'd tried to attack her earlier the same day. Apparently they'd decided to pick on someone they saw as being weaker than them, since they'd had the s**t kicked out of them earlier. The thug pulled out a knife, one as long as his forearm, and she frowned, a golden staff materializing in her hands. "You've made a big mistake," she growled. He raced forward, swinging the knife, and she tensed, stepping to the side at the last minute and swinging the staff, cracking the end of the staff against the mans head, felling him like a tree. "Idiot." The staff disappeared and she ran over to Kayleb, kneeling down next to him and carefully picking his head up, resting it on her knees. "Kayleb? Kayleb, sweetheart, can you hear me?" She gently stroked the blood stained locks of white hair out of his face. He opened his eyes and she let out a sigh of relief, "Kayleb oh thank Gods! I was worried that they'd somehow managed to kill you! I was so worried!" A tear dropped onto his cheek from her eye and she brushed it away with her gloved fingertips. Her uniform was already getting blood on it.

Every moment of LIGHT and DARK is a miracle

Tegian
ooc:

Annihilatrix's Significant Otter

Sexy Lionheart

22,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

========================== ☠ ==========================

Saraiyu Malakihr Ramanajan

Surviving the 'Unthinkable'

“Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul.” ― Dave Pelzer

Pre-Skip
Sarai smiled timidly back at Jaeger as he spoke to her. She couldn’t help her slight shudder of fear as he laid his mechanical hand gently over the top of hers, but she didn’t move. She knew that Will would never hurt her on purpose, and, this being the first time and even person she like that about, simply let herself take the touch as the simple comfort it was meant to be. After Jaeger patted her hand, she turned her hand over to give his a quick squeeze before breaking the contact. She’d held on as long as she could, but her gut still didn’t trust the touch of any man.

Sarai could see traces of old pain in Jaeger’s eyes as he spoke, and she knew that his words came from personal experience.
“Thanks, Will. I just... I just hope that I really can learn control, and soon. I don’t want to kill anyone again. It was bad enough with… Him. I don’t know what I’d do if I hurt someone who didn’t deserve it.”

Feeling that they had lingered long enough on serious topics, Sarai looked down at the stuff spread out on the table between her and Jaeger. “Anyway. What is this for?” She said, taking all of the fear and anger that had risen up and stuffing it deep inside her were it couldn’t get loose, and replacing them with interest and curiosity. Will was surprised at her words, and quickly explained as best as he could. They then spent the next few free hours playing the game, with Sarai failing miserably on most common subject while easily remembering the most random of esoteric trivia, and not caring one bit.

Post-Skip
As London grew more and more chaotic, Sarai had stayed more and more at the Challenger’s base. Even though she didn’t go out on patrols with the team, she did everything she could to help them be able to focus on the large-scale problems that kept popping up. She had easily fallen into a similar slot here as she had in her old life, part cook and part housekeeper, keeping the base clean and well stocked. She made certain that the others had at least one solid meal every day, with stuff that could make a quick and portable meal easy to find at any time. Really, she only went out for her job and supply gathering.

At the moment, Sarai was in her room/studio, working on a project for herself.
This is the first place I’ve been happy. I never want to forget. And I know that this is a dangerous line of work. She thought to herself as her hands swooped across her current canvass. There were three finished and covered canvasses leaning against the wall in a very out-of-the-way place where they wouldn’t get damaged.

Sarai was so involved in her work that she was practically oblivious to the rest of the world. She was sketching out a moment from when the Challengers had first taken her in, one of the rare moments when they were simply relaxing and being themselves in a place where no one was watching. She had finished the background and most of the Challengers, and was working on portraying one of Sheera’s rare, genuine, smiles when she saw movement from the corner of her eye. She quickly pulled away from the canvass and spun to face the movement, relaxing only by a hair when she saw the living shadow protruding from the floor. She nodded quickly at the creature and stowed her gear, flinging a covering over the canvass as the final step before going down to meet Will.

As Sarai went downstairs, she saw something flashing on a screen and noted it to look at in a minute. She slid to a stop in front of Will in her bare feet, completely unaware of how she looked. Her hair, while held out of her face by a bandana, was messy and flecked with paint, and her face was covered in smears and smudges. She had on gloves to keep her hands from smudging her work, but they still collected loose pigment—which was deposited on her face whenever she brushed flyaway hair out of her eyes. All in all, she was a mess. A happy mess, but a mess none the less.

“Will, chill. We’re all good here, or at least no worse than when you left. If you want, we can go check on the others in a minute, but I’m pretty sure I saw a message waiting upstairs, so we need to check that out first. Okay?” Sarai said, a small smile on her face. All she really wanted to do was get back to work, but she had obligations.

Clothes​ ​​→​ Clothes​ ​
Status: Sore, more relaxed ​→​​ ​Focused​ → Startled → Mildly confused
Mood: Confused, amused ​​→​​ ​Relaxed, happy​ → Disconcerted, very midly irritated → ​Disconcerted,​
Company: Jaeger ​​→​ ​Nobody​ → Will
And the song in my head is. . .

✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Demonic_Werewolf94
Wilhelm3
User Image

Julia Sparks
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Chiara told Julia not to apologize. The botanist was unsure of if she should say anything, but pushed through it, finding some kind of comfort in spilling her feelings on the whole matter. When she finished, Julia couldn't help but crack a smile. "You know, even with all the terrible things we face... things tend to seem better when you talk about them. It makes it none-the-less terrifying, but we can understand ourselves and our situation better by doing so... and that is something to smile about." She didn't want the conversation to stay on a low note. Talking about your problems could help, but too much of anything was dangerous. However, questions pushed against her tongue. It caused her to take this conversation a little further. "Chiara, I know you are angry. I don't know what about, but... it's been itching at the back of my brain. What I do know is... Montoro is trying to fix this. He's trying to help you remember. He wants you to remember him. He cares about you. I know it's hard to understand because you can't remember, but you have to know he's doing his best. He's told me everything. It's why I know so much about you. I know there were times he would lead protests for you. He would organize rallies. He read to you every night. At a time, his company was nearly bought just because he spent so little time in office. He ignored his livelyhood for your happiness. What you wanted... he gave you." There was a flash of conflict on Chiara's face, but Julia really didn't need to see it to know what was going on inside. Chi was in pain. She was so devastated, yet angered, by her loss of memory. It was frustrating. It was nearly unbearable to know that half your life didn't exist in your own mind. Julia could barely contain it. She wanted to cry. Shut it OFF! Julia froze for a moment, her skin sprouting goosebumps as she rubbed her arms and smiled lightly. It took some willpower, but it was gone.

How did Chiara hide such suffering? Julia would not be able to bear such burdens for an hour, much less a day and a half. Yet, here sat Chiara, a temple of control. Julia finished off the last bite of her sub, throwing the paper wrapping into a nearby recycle bin. What now? Go back to work? She had at least another half hour right? She picked up her phone and gawked at the time. It was already after noon. "Oh, shoot, shoot, shoot. Give me a second." Julia's fingers typed away on her phone before hitting send. Just as she did so, her phone beeped signaling that she had received a message. Julia began mumbling "... by noon... obvious... see you next week?! I can't go that long without..." another beep, "Oh... well... that's better I suppose. So, it seems I have the rest of the day off. Rest of the week in fact. Do you have a phone number I can reach you at? I mean, it would be quite wonderful if we could do this again." She paused. "I also really have nothing else to do today it seems. I mean... I guess I could go home from here, but it seems a waste. If you have anything else you have to do today, go ahead. I don't want to intrude. It's just... talking with you has been fun. A little scary sometimes, but fun." Chiara's face dropped.

She asked Julia what she had meant by her statement. "It's not that bad, honestly. Some of your emotions are pretty hardcore, and intimidating." Chiara glared at her. It was Julia's turn to drop her face. Luckily, she caught it by covering her mouth with both hands, "I am so sorry. Growing up being a meta, I tend to forget that others don't know. It's... it's why I apologized earlier. I can turn it on and off and I really should've asked first." Had she been reading Chiara's mind? Chiara sure seemed to think that's what was going on... and she expressed it. "No, no, no, no... Chiara, you've got it all wrong. I read emotions... not minds. God no... no one should have the right to read into other's thoughts. Who would want to? It sounds torturous. But... no. I won't ever do it again if you feel it is entering your personal space." Julia seemed coiled and timid. Now would be great time to project her own emotion onto Chiara, to show the botanist how she was feeling, but that was against her own beliefs. No one should be forced to feel like anyone, but themselves.

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Lincat wasn’t terribly surprised his first attack missed. He had been trying to get behind them but with them being so careful to watch eachothers back, that had been impossible. He tried though, and failed to land the hit. One saw him and they both narrowly escaped the cutting blade. Lincat let out a frustrated growl as he vanished once more, moving again to try and find an opening against the two.

There was just no opening, the two were so in sync with their movements, Lincat couldn’t do much but just try and take slashes and stabs of opportunity. They noticed him each time though, he figured most of that was likely due to the cold he would exude as he got near. If only he didn’t have to be tangible to hit them! Lucky for the twins, he was so wound up with trying to kill them using his scythe, he didn’t even think to try and kill them by simply rotting them from the inside out.

The fight was really starting to drag on. The twins were forced to wait for Lincat to appear midstrike before they could do anything to dodge and counter. The cold that was their only real clue to his location before his appearances was starting to simply fade away as they grew accustomed to it. This wasn’t good, if they couldn’t at least keep a vague track of him while he was invisible he was sure to land a hit soon.

They’d been doing very well holding out against the spectre but soon enough their luck ran out. Or rather, Tina’s did. Despite her nerves being on maximum while Lincat was invisible, she didn’t feel the chill up her spine as Lincat approached her from behind. Amanda noticed just a second too late and tried to warn her of the impending strike, but pain erupted in Tina’s side and she was slammed toward the floor from the force of Lincat’s strike. Thankfully, Amanda had softened the fall with a rush of water.

Tina had managed to hold back her scream of pain, though she couldn’t stop the tears from falling as she writhed in pain. The blade had gone deep and created a brutal gash as it was ripped from her. Blood was already gushing everywhere and the sides of the wound were already tinted with the black curse. “I’m fine!” She snarled through the pain, “Don’t worry about me. Just kill him!” She put a hand on Amanda’s, enforcing that she was fine, before pushing the hand away, indicating she really wanted Amanda to focus on the fight, not her. Not right now.

After Lincat had struck Tina, he stupidly stopped dead to let out a maniacal laugh of amusement. It was abruptly cut off when the python sized tendril of water smacked him into the wall causing him to momentarily loose grip of his scythe. He was still chortling a bit though as he regained his feet, mostly amused at how distraught the uninjured sister had become at the sight of a little bit of blood. He was about to taunt the uninjured one when another wave smashed him back into the wall. He missed what she said to him, but he didn’t really care. He had been hit twice.. three times now in less than 5 minutes. He wasn’t pleased.

The fight was back on, this time one on one. Lincat attacked much more aggressively to match Amanda’s anger, and neither could land a hit on the other for what seemed like hours. So, Lincat changed up his tactics. He vanished for much longer than any other point during this fight.. long enough to make one almost believe he had decided to leave. Those three hostages who had been too frightened to try and leave during the fight started to come out from their ‘hiding’ spot behind the counter. “Is he gone?” One asked in a frightened whisper.

As soon as Amanda’s attention was even slightly taken away from her search for Lincat, he appeared in the blink of an eye and his scythe slammed deep into the back of Amanda’s leg, tearing easily through flesh and muscle before ripping out, almost successfully cutting her leg clean off. She was down in an instant, and Lincat stood over her with a huge grin upon his face. “Stupid Amanda.” He spoke as he shifted his scythe, readying for a killing blow, “I kill you. Then Tina.” He smirked as he rose his Scythe.. but the blow never came, which gave Amanda ample time to throw Lincat away from her with a wave of water.

Lincat was pushed to the other side of the café, but didn’t move or vanish for a few moments after the water died down. He simply stared at her, his brow furrowed as though he were confused. “I not intend.. I am sorry I break promise.” Was all he said in the voice that was actually his. He vanished then, and really did leave this time.
User Image
User Image

{S}urge had never felt so alive before. The rush of air and heat, the expanding gases, the eruption of chaos amidst the battlefield that had already been sown with it. It was time, however, to find who still stood; it would be impolite for Surge to ignore the others, so he needed to see whether or not they had enjoyed themselves as much as he did. He tilted his head back, but the beautifully complex encryption was no longer there; the man frowned, unhappy that whatever device had been generating it was no longer to be his to touch. This city was full of these signals and it killed his buzz a little to know that, that particular one’s secrets would not be his to possess.

[T]he smell of smoke still filled Jr's lungs; it was something that he had become familiar with. All the bad guys he faced seemed to like explosions of some kind. Still alone, he looked down at his communicator which now lay flat in the palm of his hand. What was he going to do? The entirety of London was in chaos with things like revolutionary meta groups, the kidnapping and torture of JC, among all the other things that had happened recently. "This is just annoying," he said to himself as a slight sigh escaped his lips. He couldn't help but feel a bit uncertain about what the future held; everyone on the team, including himself, had been through so much in the past month alone and this wasn't helping much.

{S}urge began to whistle a tune as he walked around the building he had just recently stepped in and been blown back out of. He was looking about, hoping to find someone left; someone that might want to have a little fun. That was when he spotted the child. He was holding a device that was burnt beyond repair and shaking his head. A glimmer of uncertainty passed the boy’s face, but he squared his shoulders and began to look around, new confidence showing in his eyes.

[P]utting the burnt communicator in his pocket, Electro began walking; the thought of another electrokinetic, unaware if it was a friend, foe, or something in between, bothered him. Just as he finished that though, a whistled tune began, flowing through his ears, and his curiosity was piqued. Who causes something like an explosion and just whistles? He felt the electric signal of the meta who caused the explosion but couldn't see him; the smoke from the explosion was still fogging his glasses slightly. Jr continued to walk forward, stopping suddenly, his eyes sliding upwards from the pair of brown boots to the face of Sid, but... that couldn't be right; this man's bioelectric strength was running off the charts. This had to be the electrokinetic.

{T}he boy was starting to walk his way, his eyes sweeping about so as not to miss anything, and then they fell upon Surge, looking him up from his feet to his face. Surge locked eyes with the boy and walked forward, a large smile growing on his face as he said, “I saw what you did back there. My name is Surge, and you can color me impressed.”

[J]r's glance was quickly met by the meta's eyes; they both locked and the electrokinetic began walking forward. Electro couldn't tell if he was a threat just yet nor if was he going to provoke a fight without just cause. He heard the man state his name. 'Surge.' "Thank you?" he responded trying to be polite, but he questioned Surge's motives; Jr stood still, trying to read the man's body language. "I'm Electro," he replied back, with slight hesitation. Anyone on the team could tell Jr was slightly intimidated, and for someone who tried to blow him up, Surge was sure being kind. "It's clear to me that you're an electrokinetic, but what I don't know is why you caused that explosion," he asked, a nervous undertone to his words.

{T}he electrokinetic heard the hesitation in the boy's, no, Electro's thank you. Surge watched as Electro eyed him cautiously, as though trying to read into his motivations in the way he stood, the way his eyes took things in, the genuine smile on his face. The blonde voiced that he was aware of Surge's gift, but then implied a strange question. Why did I cause an explosion? He then said to Electro, explaining in a friendly voice, "I can't see why you wouldn't crave to cause an explosion when it was just growing, begging to be released from it's prison... I couldn't help it. I had to watch the molecules of air and gases ripping each other apart as they vie for what little space there is; it was so... awe-inspiring." Surge closed his eyes, lifting his head as he breathed in the smoke from the burning building, ecstasy rolling off his every movement. He opened his eyes and answered the other unspoken question next, "I was quite impressed to see what you did back there. You saw the explosion beginning, and, instead of finding cover, you raised a shield so that you could see the very core of it's art. Also, the way you just left your friends to die so that your shield would be enough to completely protect yourself was something else."

[S]tudying Surge was Electro's current task; collecting as much data about this meta as possible could help Jr identify if he was a friend or foe. 'Awe-inspiring' the last word of Surge's explanation gave Jr chills running down his back; it answered his unspoken question with the actions of a mad man. The cyberkinetic took a deep breath, a release of hidden courage covering the true emotions of fear and uncertainty that he was feeling. Listening to Surge's praise of protecting himself gave Jr a taste of disgust. "You're wrong, I didn't let my friends die; I knew they'd get out safely. My friends are very much alive. I knew you were an electrokinetic because I can sense and read the electrical current that flows throughout your body, just as I can sense them now." The thought of Crimson crossed his mind with the selfish thought that Surge put into the young hero's mind but quickly brushed it away. "I have a question for you, Surge. Who are you working for? Are you part of this revolutionary meta group?" he demanded, trying his best to come off as confident as a veteran hero. He knew something absolute: this man's electric ability exceeded Aria's, judging by Surge's current reading and comparing it to what he knew of Aria's.. It was like comparing Shakespeare to Dr.Seuss.

{T}he man watched as Electro's face betrayed a level of discomfort at Surge's praise. Even as the boy explained away that he knew his friends were still alive, Surge's smile only seemed to grow. Before he could say anything though, the boy's posture changed; he was building himself up as he questioned the electrokinetic's motives. This is the third time I've heard about this revolution. Maybe she does know more about me than I think... Surge thought about how to answer the question when an idea came to him. He offered, "I don't know if I should answer your questions... hm... I know," he mocked an idea coming up, "I'll answer them if you'll tell me why you didn't protect your friends. I saw no shields from them, and, even though they survived, they obviously aren't happy with you right now." He saw Electro opening his mouth to protest and quickly said over him, "Where are they then? Why aren't they here to save their supposed friend, the one who just left them to burn?"

[J]r's eyebrows arched forward, anger clear on his face. How could that psycho smile at a time like this? Clearly something was off about Surge's character. It didn't explain why he had a very close resemblance to Sid, either. He listened to Surge's feigned uncertainty in answering his questions 'Breathe Jr, he just wants to get a rise out of you.'. Surge wasn't a friend, it was clear to Jr, now, that he was a foe. Before he could argue Surge protested over him, a fist now clenched. "They're occupied. And because I can handle you myself," he growled, ignoring the other questions and springing into action. His eyes shined blue, and he sent his palm slamming into the wall next to him. "I don't need some idiot maniac telling me I'm a bad person!" The wires in the wall sprang to life, cracking through the wall as they slithered towards Surge,; it was as though Jr manifested an electrical Serpent. He knew electricity wouldn't hurt the electrokinetic, but what he did know was if he killed the source or overcharged it... POP, bye bye light bulb.

{S}urge saw Electro's mood shift, his fists showing the building aggression. He was trying to calm himself but ended up giving into the anger. He expressed what he thought about the situation and then there was a spike of energy from the young man, his eyes turning blue as he slammed an open palm onto the wall. It began to crack and the electrical cables in the wall broke loose of their restraints, immediately finding their target and slithering towards Surge. The electricity wasn't what would bother Surge, but the constriction from the wires could. He hated to be detained; it reminded him of those liquid filled tanks. Surge moved one foot back and brought his arm down. The electric cables fell to the ground, limply trying to move towards their new master's enemy, but the current was held in place. As the two opposing forces tried to control the wires, the current in them built. It quickly grew to the point that sparks burned through the rubber shielding and only grew from there.

[J]r watched the intensity of the electrical current from the Serpent creations only begin to become more and more frenzied. Whip-like sounds cracked from them, echoing through the alley. Sparks began to fly from the increased current. "Enough!" he shouted as he reached to his side pocket pulling out a small metallic sphere. His fingers rubbed against it activating it, the sphere began to illuminate a azure blue. He tossed it towards Surge and it began to levitate over the crackling wires. The sphere began to buzz, blinking rapidly and with each passing second the flashes became shorter and shorter until a soft screech could be heard and BOOM... The portion of the alley where the orb hovered over became encased in thick smoke. It wasn't an explosion of gunpowder but a smoke screen instead, one that discharged any electrical currents that had been dangerously increased. Jr had to act fast, as the cover he had created barely gave him any time to make his next move! Holding two cylinders, one in each hand, Electro quickly pressed a button on the side of them, causing each to leak a metallic fluid and as the fluid morphed around his hands, it turned into a pair of gloves. Clenching a fist, his feet carried him through the smoke to slam his fist into Surge.

Stay tuned for the final conclusion! Surge Vs. Electro

Lonely Spirit

User Image

Part 2:

{S}urge chuckled as Electro shouted that he had had enough of this wire controlling competition. When the orb flew out, Surge was at first mesmerized by the flashing light that continued to flash with increasing speed, but his expression quickly turned to one of surprise when the device burst out a large volume of thick, black smoke and the wire held no more resistance. Surge sent out small pulses of electromagnetic waves in all directions, the waves bringing back the location of his new opponent. The boy seemed to have grown two large metallic hands though and was rushing towards him. Surged laughed, falling flat onto his back, the metallic fist just missing him. Surge shot both his hands upwards, releasing a large bolt of lightning at the suited stomach that stood mere feet from him.

[J]r's vision was severely limited due to the smoke but he could still 'see' perfectly as he was able to read the electrical current that gave him Surge's location. Running through the smoke, Jr pushed through as his failed attempt at coming into contact with Surge was returned with a lightning bolt aimed at his stomach; he quickly shifted gears in abilities, creating a shield that surrounded his abdomen. It blocked most of the lightning bolt but since it was so close to him, it still sent a slight jolt of electricity through his body. Jr tumbled away from Surge to gain distance., deciding that he was quick to go onto the defensive side. Something was bugging Jr... he felt as though Surge was toying with him.

{S}urge watched in fascination as a shield formed out of nowhere, blocking most of his lightning attack from connecting with Electro's body. He smiled as the boy tumbled back before rolling backwards himself.; the electrokinetic stood up and brushed himself off as Electro took a defensive stance. Surge chuckled and said, "I am enjoying myself. That was some attack strategy there. If I hadn't been able to sense you coming I might be a goner." Surge's smile and tone dropped quickly, however, as he continued, "That wasn't very nice though. I do believe we had been in the middle of a friendly conversation when you tried to attack me. I don't know that I should answer your questions anymore."

[T]he way Surge laughed only annoyed Jr and caused his frustration levels to increase. He ignored that the maniac was taking pleasure in this confrontation, but let a smirk show with the thought of almost landing the hit. "I don't think I was trying to be nice. As far for the questions, all I have to do is detain you and make you talk." His smirk was replaced by an expression of extreme determination. Jr stood and studied the area, holding up his arm and pulling up his interface with Jai. "Jai, Analyze," he whispered into the communicator that linked him and his AI. A display of materials displayed on his goggles,... Now knew what resources he had to work with.

{W}hen Electro smirked and replied that he wasn't trying to be nice, the right side of Surge's face twitched, most prevalent in the almost double wink of his right eye. He pointed at Electro and said loudly, a new stripe of anger in his voice that hadn't been there before, "I like you, so I'm going to give you one chance. Let me have what I came for and go home before you get hurt, kid. Let me touch that watch and I'll let you leave unscathed. You will never detain me, never stick me in your filthy cage and make me talk." Surge's held his hands out at waist height, palms down; electricity flowed from them to the ground, lighting up the dingy alley.

[T]he alley lit up with electricity and Jr could tell he'd hit a nerve with the mention of detaining him. But why was the maniac so fascinated by his dad's watch? Whatever the reason, it didn't matter; he wasn't going to let this guy anywhere near it. Electro felt the increased flow of electricity as it surged through the ground of the alley; a light bulb hanging between them popped as the increased voltage overcharged it. Clearly Surge wasn't playing around at this point. "You want this? Tough. Only way you'll get this is if you beat it off me." Jr's eyes flashed red, activating his augmentation. The metallic fluid quickly began to separate turning into tiny, metal beads. The beads began to manifest and sprout wings and tiny feelers. Metal fly-like bots began to circle around Jr, each individual fly beginning to project a yellow translucent shield; they now resembled fireflies. Electro stood his ground, ready for whatever Surge decided to throw at him.

{S}urge listened as the boy said his big words, watching as the metallic gloves shifted, becoming things that looked like fireflies. They circled about Electro creating shields; Surge could feel the power increasing until the yellow took a translucency. His smile returned, but this time... it held a maniacal edge; he told the rookie, "I'll happily oblige you that condition." And with that, Surge rushed forward, weaving side to side. A few steps from Electro, he leapt into the air. A large amount of power built up in his fist as he punched towards the boy. Whatever it connected with, it would release a tremendous amount of electric power.

[J]r eyed the maniac studying his every move. It was something he didn't want to admit but judging from the amount of electricity the maniac was putting out, he was clearly out matched. 'Can't give up. I WON'T GIVE UP!' he told himself. Flicking his wrist, the fireflies ran along his arm, gliding swiftly. Miss after miss, Surge moved side to side, until he leapt forward. A set of fireflies moved in front of Jr and began to spin, a shield appearing and absorbing the punch. The second the punch connected, Jr could feel a surge of electricity. He had to put everything he had into this shield. Like the wires had, the electricity burst out from the connection, snapping and cracking against the walls and concrete. Jr's heart rate increased, as well as his body temperature; the heat that came along with the amount of electric power was overwhelming. A sudden feeling of loss overcame Jr as the shield shattered into tiny pieces and he watched as the fireflies dropped, each letting out light sizzling sounds. Before he could do anything more, he felt a light touch and began to pull away, knowing that it was Surge but not moving fast enough as a tremendous amount of electricity flowed through his body. A loud scream raked its way past his vocal chords. Every nerve in his body shrieked as though his very blood was on fire. Jr tore himself away from Surge, gritting his teeth in pain. The remaining fireflies surrounded him as he gasped for air, glaring at Surge, eyes sparking with hatred. Jai messaged Jr, frantically alerting him with: 'Jr, your vitals are dangerously abnormal. Your body temperature is 103° , and your heart rate is decreasing drastically. You need to get away from him!' He knew that the AI was right but he ignored it. This was dangerous... the most danger he's been in since Craig. Possibly even more so.

{S}urge had rained down blow after blow, several fireflies burning out and dying with each hit. Every time he thought he would be able to make it past the fireflies, that pesky shield would stop him from hitting the boy. The more it blocked, however, the more Electro's suit began to spark and the more the suit sparked, the harder Surge swung. The boy's breathing became more ragged until, finally,, a look of fear flashed across his face. The electrokinetic smiled as he let loose the hardest blow yet. At first, his fist was stopped by that wall of force, but it slipped through as the entire shield went down; his fist touched Electro's suit directly, ever so lightly, a slight caress, but it was enough to loose a large blast of electricity into his target. If it hadn't been for the little bit of resistance the shield had put up at the beginning, he would have fried the boy right then.Unfortunately, the light brush of electricity only made the rookie scream and twitch a bit before he managed to take a few quick steps back, smoke coming from the damaged wiring. Without the shield, Electro was a sitting duck, an easy target. Surge rushed forward one more time, attempting to grab the hero's wrist and touch the prized watch.

[J]r was nervous, his body aching from the pain of the electricity. 'Jr, get out of the fight!' Jai warned in his ears. No, he wasn't going to give up. Surge clearly wouldn't stop until he got his way and the watch was all he had left of his parents. What message would he be sending if he just let a maniac do what he wanted? He closed his eyes, inhaling deep; his heart rate steadied, nervousness gone, trying to reorient himself from the pain. The second he opened his eyes, Surge was rushing forward once more and then Jr's eye color changed again to a stunning red. Jr darted towards the maniac, shooting his hands out to the side and the fireflies began to surround them, this time glowing a translucent red instead of yellow. He quickly ducked and tumbled just out of reach of Surge's lunge towards the watch. As he tumbled, Jr gave a quick flick of the wrist, sending a knife like orb into the nearby wall, and attached to it was a thin wire. He threw a few mores, wires attached to each, forming a barricade between them. Surge's current was being absorbed by the red fireflies and Jr had changed the purpose of them from simply protecting; instead, they were now conductors and any electrical moves Surge made would only cause the lights of the fireflies to grow brighter as they took in the massive amounts of energy and discharged it. As for the wires... Jr snapped his fingers and the wires began to vibrate, giving off a guitar-like sound, and a blue shield suddenly surrounded Surge. Jr had created a cage to hold the monster.

{S}urge had almost had it that time... However, Electro had managed to tumble just under his reach at the perfect moment. As he pivoted to try again, the fireflies seemed to grow angry, the yellow glow changing to match the red in his opponent's eyes. The boy threw several knife-like projectiles, each sinking into the wall; a wire zigzagged across them. Before Surge knew what was happening, he was surrounded by the damnable things and the wires began to hum and a shield blossomed around him... Surge could feel the walls closing in... the blue glow showed the shadowy silhouette standing, looking in at him... He shook his head, coming back to the present. Electro was standing there, a smirk curling his lips; the rookie thought this was over. Surge built up power, releasing a powerful blast towards the shield, intent on shattering it like so many pieces of glass. However, the nearest firefly absorbed it, its red glow becoming brighter, and the blast had no effect on the shield. It didn't break... Hm... Surge watched as the wire hummed louder and the shield grew stronger. That was nifty. He smiled and grabbed the closest wire, beginning to release as much wattage as he could into the shield. As the current cycled through the mechanical bugs and through the wire, he fed off it before it could recharge the shield. It would take a minute, but the shield would slowly begin to drain.

[J]r stood a few feet away from the shield, a smirk clearly displayed on his features. This is working... He was going to be able to beat this guy! The fireflies absorbed any electricity that Surge put out and put it into the shield, which only increased its power. Of course, too much of electrical build up would cause the shield to blow but just being able to maintain it was all Jr was hoping for. Before he could taunt the maniac, he noticed that Surge seemed to be thinking of something and then he watched as the maniacal being grasped one of the wires and begin to put out a powerful current. 'What!?!' Jr's smirk was quickly replaced with a look of concern and worry. The shield was slowly losing power! Surge was purposely feeding the shield and absorbing the recharge. 'Jr, run! if you keep this up, he's gonna break free!' Jai finally broke into Jr's train of thought. The AI was right. Jr turned around, the adrenaline rush dying down along with his determination to bring this mad man down on his own, finally coming to the realization that he was out of his league. With every step he took, Jr could feel the shield's power draining faster and faster. The rookie was also beginning to feel the injuries he'd sustained from the current Surge had put through his body. Upon turning the corner of the alleyway, he felt the shield finally give in and shatter. "Got to hide," Jr told, worried about what would happen if the maniac caught him. He quickly took off towards the direction of the busy London streets, pausing only long enough to remove his uniform. Jr knew what he had to do; Surge could track him through the watch which meant that it was time for a distraction. He looked around to make sure that no one would notice his eye color shift to a bright azure as he created a mechanical bird out of his watch. It was either sacrifice the watch or sacrifice his life and that of the team as well. "Sorry mom and dad," he frowned, sending the mechanical bird in the opposite direction he was going. 'I'll get you back,' He thought, determined to retrieve what was his.

Bashful Noob

6,625 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

☾❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀☽

User Image

Hadil was absolutely delighted. So her best friend had just kicked her off the roof. So she was now holding on to the edge of it for dear life. A Challenger was in their midst, finally, and nothing else really seemed to matter. Besides, she knew she was safe. Someone with superhuman powers was going to help her up soon, and they'd react quickly enough if she did fall. For a moment she wondered happily at how exactly this new Meta's stretch powers worked, but before she knew it she found herself talking.

"Oh hello there, madam!" she shouted up cheerily. "I'm ever so glad you're here! We've been waiting to meet up with one of you Challengers for days! Didn't expect you to follow us up onto the roof though."

She paused. Her glasses were slipping down her nose, but she found she couldn't push them back up again, as her hands were rather preoccupied. It was quite annoying.

User Image

☂☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☀☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☂

╔═════XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        Time: Somewhere in the daytime, The PresentXXX
        Place: On a roof near a Challenger's patrol routeXXX
        Company: Lillith, ShaundiXXX
        Clothes: Granny DisguiseXXX
        Mood: ExcitedXXX
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX═════╝

Azurynn

siris99

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
User Image
User ImageUser Image
                                              Celia was relieved that Jaeger bought the lies she had told, one less problem to deal with. Thank goodness Katsumi hadn’t given in to his confusion and asked what she was talking about that would’ve complicated things. She could already feel a twinge of guilt from lying spark inside her chest, but Celia shook it off. Right now she had to make sure that her fellow employee was alright, even if he was injured from doing something less-than-legal. Love the sinner, hate the sin right?

Celia was shocked to suddenly see Katsumi shift from faking wholeness to clearly being in an excessive amount of pain almost the moment he settled into the chair. She could tell that he had been trying to suppress his reactions to whatever injuries he had, but not to this extent.

She quickly fetched the little cell phone that lived in her bag, concern still written all over her face, she held it out. Her expression fell slightly when Katsumi rejected, politely at least. But he was right, they were easily traced, didn’t the recently find a missing girl because her captor kept her cell phone? She nodded quickly at his question. “Yeah, that’s me.”

What had happened? She could glean a little bit off of what he said over the little gizmo he had produced from a pouch. Mostly that whatever he had been doing, had certainly not worked out in his favor in the end. There was also the matter of him failing whatever he had been sent out to do, Maeva was not going to be happy, and even if Celia had yet to see her boss in a genuinely angry state, she had the feeling that it would not be a particularly pretty sight. Actually she was certain that it was going to be on an apocalyptic scale. It was always the calm, sweet, people who were the most ruthless when angered after all.

She stood there, unintentionally beginning to wring her hands out of worry. It had grown habitual as her life had grown increasingly stressful, even though that particularly low point had passed technically, it stuck with her. Oh lord, what was she going to do? She didn’t really know any first aid beyond the basics, what if he was bleeding internally? What was she supposed to do? Call an ambulance? No no no, that would only bring attention to Katsumi, and if he was in involved with the shadier side of Maeva’s business, then it would help if people started asking questions.

A gasp escaped her lips before Celia could register her surprise. His body almost looked like some twisted floral pattern had been dyed onto his skin. Purple blooms of bruises covered every inch of his chest, some suspiciously the size of fists, others a bit harder to discern. But all of it looked very, very painful.

She touched her fingertips to her mouth, and for a moment it looked like she was going to burst into tears over his state. A just barely audible ”Oh my God.” escaped through her fingers.

If there was anything you could count on for Celia, it was for her to sympathize with someone. It was why she was so quickly affected by guilt, why she worked so hard. She could almost always step into someone else’s shoes, see their point of view. Some would read the news and see that another criminal had been executed and feel relieved, a brief moment of satisfaction that had been justice dealt. Celia would see the same article and feel pity for the person, and the people they had left behind, and wonder if there perhaps could have been another way. Sometimes, she understood that there wasn’t, other times…

Other times she felt like the world just chewed up and spat out anyone it could grip.

His cough brought her out of her brief shock of seeing his injuries. He needed ice, and painkillers.

Celia nodded vigorously before flitting off into the back room, where an aged (but somehow still functioning) refrigerator was. She dug around in the freezer until she found a bag of frozen peas. That would work. Her boots quickly tapped against the wooden floor when she re-emerged with the bag of peas and a small towel.

She deftly wrapped the bag in the towel and handed it to Katsumi. Then she rested a hot hand on his shoulder, just applying barely enough pressure to get him to lean forward slightly so she could get a better look at his back. Celia winced at his obvious signs of pain. “Sorry…” she muttered.
                                              His back was just as bad, if not worse. There were a few spots where the impact had broken in his skin. “I think you’re going to need a few bandages too, hang in there alright?” Then she was gone, back into the back room. This time she returned with a first-aid kit, with a chipped cup filled with water for the pain medication.

There was a small bottle of Ibuprofen in the kit, along with Band-Aids of various sizes, and other such stereotypical items one would find in a first-aid kit.

After Katsumi had downed the maximum dosage, Celia had pulled up a stool and began to clean up the wounds she could reach, resulting in Katsumi being anointed in several swabs of ointment to stave off infection and plastered with some of the Band-Aids. She did her best to apply as little pressure as possible, although he certainly could feel her warm fingertips flitting from wound to wound as they were cleaned and bandaged. The most painful part for Katsumi came when Celia discovered a small piece of gravel embedded in his lower back, and she had to dig it out with a pair of tweezers. How he apparently couldn’t feel that before she pulled it out was beyond her.

“Guess the rest of him was in too much pain.” She thought sadly before continuing the treatment. She certainly wasn’t a doctor, but this was better than nothing for sure. Finally, she had done all that she could.

In a small voice she looked at Katsumi’s face, her eyes searching for any more signs of pain and asked “Feel any better there Katsumi? Do you need anything else?” Concern furrowed her eyebrows even further. She had helped right?

With: Katsumi

Feeling: Concerned

Orojed
Quote:
Quote:

Lonely Spirit

Katsumi watched Celia’s reaction as he stripped off his shirt, and he could only assume from it that his injuries were about as bad as they felt. Never before had he been beaten that badly, not even during his training with the Silent Dragons. Celia quickly rushed to get some ice, and Katsumi tried hard to find a position that didn’t cause excruciating pain to sit in. When Celia came back in, wrapping a bag of frozen peas in a towel, he accepted it softly and pressed it to his chest where the swelling was the worst. He then felt fingertips touch his skin and the warmth was amazing; Katsumi sighed in the relief it gave as he bend forward. As she apologized and let him know that his back would need bandaging, Katsumi felt stupider than ever. How did I let my guard down like that? I just met her this morning.

The assassin held in the pained noises, trying to spare Celia as her gentle hands spread heat over his pained body. It felt like heaven compared to the hell his nerves were in. She handed him a bottle of Ibuprofen and he poured out six pills; Celia gave him a worried look. Katsumi sighed heavy, put two back, and swallowed the four left with the cup of water. After that, the process became unpleasant. Celia’s natural heat helped to relax the tight muscles, but the pressure as she cleaned out his wounds was excruciating. Just as Katsumi decided that it couldn’t get any worse, Celia grabbed the tweezers. Not even the trained assassin could hold back the pained grunting; a single tear escaped his left eye.

Celia finally took a step back and asked Katsumi if she could help any further. He smiled weakly at her and asked, “Would it be possible for you to keep applying heat? It almost makes this bearable.” She nodded; a small smile came on her face as she moved back to his back, a relaxing heat slowly moving up and down his bruises. Katsumi knew that he would have to deal with the other consequences of his failure later, but right now he was just trying to enjoy the small comfort Celia provided him… Is this what it’s like to have a friend? It’s been so long since The Womb left that I had forgotten.

(ooc: The Womb was his first friend from a previous rp. biggrin )

Silenced Nocturne

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
Jenny Walker

"You don't pay me enough Jack." Jenny replied terselyto Jack, her professional demeanor dropping for a moment into fiery ager as they were alone. She was down to tattered clothing over a sports bra and workout shorts; even her shoes were mostly destroyed. There was a moment where she looked over herself before she removed her destroyed clothing and fixed her hair, pinning it back into place. They were currently in the lull between fights right now, and it would not do to let herself fall too much into the fight.

It seemed the heroes had been rescued by their teleporter... Jenny's information had him operating out of Detroit. This was either an incredible display of power, or a relocation. Whichever the case was, it changed things. Anyone who did not take their potential enemy's abilities into account when making plans was doomed for failure. Jenny did not fail, it was why she was so expensive.

Riley could not believe their luck; Manny it seemed had saved a few asses and was now unconscious for his efforts, passing out after telling them to kick some a**. It was nice that the senior members of the teams believed in the rookies like this. Manny would not have said to kick a** if he did not believe they had a chance after all. He would have told them to flee.

Jenny was straightening out what she could of her clothing, which Riley knew would mean she was going to be angry. After all, she was always on business it seemed. Frost offered to leave if they shared the information they had with the pair, and Elani seemed to consider it. She then counter-offered the information in exchange for Jack sharing his information on the man who attacked, and why he needed the info. There was no way he would divulge that information, Riley was sure of it. What concerned him was the man who had attacked, because Jr was likely still stuck with the man. If they diffused this, then they could go help... but would they be allowed to diffuse it?

Jenny seemed to perk up at all this talk, eying the remaining pair of heroes (the conscious ones at least) with a professional eye. “One moment while we discuss this, if you please.” Jenny said before turning and whispering in Jack's ear. He raised an eyebrow for a moment before nodding at her. “I have a counter offer to your counter, if it pleases you. I will return with you to wherever it is you hold your prisoners, and you may feel free to question me as you see fit. You do this and we will give you MacTavish here as well. In exchange, all charges against my employer are to be dropped. Do we have a deal?” she offered, holding out her hand to shake on it.

Riley did not trust this at all, and wondered if they had the authority to even agree to a deal on this level. A glance at Elani told her of his unease with the situation... but considering Jr was missing and Manny was unconscious, they had no choice but to not fight. “Deal. You come quiehtly, we pretehnd we didn' see Jack.” he said reluctantly. If flack came back at them for this, he'd take the heat.

Jenny nodded and approached the pair, holding her hands out for handcuffs, which made Riley scoff.

”Like yeh wouldn' just break out. Flee and we wehl find yea.” he warned her. He sat Manny up before picking the unconscious teleporter up in a fireman's carry over his shoulders. “Elani, weh need the find Electro. Yeh mind leadin' the way?” he asked her. Sure, Elani could have used her powers to lift Manny, but Riley was shouldering the burden in order to give her free reign to find their fellow rookie. That and it freed her to stop Jenny if she fled.

User Image

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageUser Image

Location: HomexxCompany: JuliaxxMood: Nervous, AnnoyedxxOutfit: Casually Nervous

Chiara wasn't sure why she had told Julia any of that... She barely knew the blond and, what was more, Julia was a close associate of Francisco. What if Julia told him what she'd said? That would be embarrassing... She didn't want him to know just how she felt about the whole situation. At least... Not yet. Julia said, "You know, even with all the terrible things we face... things tend to seem better when you talk about them. It makes it none-the-less terrifying, but we can understand ourselves and our situation better by doing so... and that is something to smile about." The red-head didn't say anything. Was that true? Was it easier to deal with things when you were able to talk to someone about them? Well... JC had talked to her about when he'd been attacked and it had seemed to help him, a little.

And she'd talked to him about her lab explosion... It had felt good to talk to someone about it. He'd cared and sympathized with her. Maybe Julia was right... Maybe things really were made easier when you had someone to talk to about it. Regardless of this fact, Chiara didn't really want to continue talking about this. Julia was nice enough but she was still basically a stranger, even if she was less of a stranger now than she had been when they'd first met in the lobby of Montoro Incorporated. "I... I suppose that's true," said the Irishwoman awkwardly, looking down at her feet. She didn't feel much like smiling. She felt rather uncomfortable actually... Like she wanted to just shrink in on herself instead of continuing this conversation.

However, despite her obvious discomfort, it seemed that this conversation wasn't going to be moving on to other things any time soon. Instead, Julia said, "Chiara, I know you are angry. I don't know what about, but... it's been itching at the back of my brain. What I do know is... Montoro is trying to fix this. He's trying to help you remember. He wants you to remember him. He cares about you. I know it's hard to understand because you can't remember, but you have to know he's doing his best. He's told me everything. It's why I know so much about you. I know there were times he would lead protests for you. He would organize rallies. He read to you every night. At a time, his company was nearly bought just because he spent so little time in office. He ignored his livelyhood for your happiness. What you wanted... he gave you." What? He'd led protests for her? Organized rallies? Read to her every night growing up? Those should have been precious, treasured memories... And yet she'd had no idea.

What did you do when whole chunks of your life were missing? How was she supposed to handle it? She felt angry and devastated and ready to cry and hit someone all at the same time. Chiara wanted so badly to remember these things. She wanted to remember everything that was missing from her past... She wanted to remember what it was that she was missing, what she couldn't remember experiencing. All of this, and much more, passed through her mind in less than a second, only indicated by the brief look of conflict that flashed across her face. Before it could truly show, however, Chiara pulled herself together and hid it away, pushing all of that emotion down to deal with later. Her expression was neutral, guarded, and there wasn't a single hint to the turmoil going on inside her mind. She didn't notice Julia freeze for a few seconds but she did notice the blond rub her arms as though she was cold and upon looking over, saw that her arms were covered in goosebumps. Weird.

Chiara finished off the last of her sandwich and tossed the wrapper into the nearby recycle bin, just as Julia did the same. What were they supposed to do now? The red-head didn't have a lot of experience when it came to hanging out with other people, so she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do now. Was she supposed to suggest something now? Were they supposed to go do something else? Were they supposed to part ways? Chiara twisted her hands in her lap while Julia picked up her phone, debating what to do now. How was a person supposed to politely excuse themselves from human company for the company of plants? Her head snapped up when Julia exclaimed, "Oh, shoot, shoot, shoot. Give me a second." One fire-red eyebrow arched upwards. What was wrong? Chiara said nothing at the blonds request to give her a second, as her mind was still occupied with what social etiquette said was the polite way to proceed from here.

As Julia typed away at her phone, Chiara's mind wandered to JC; she hadn't heard much from him in the last couple days and had been hoping to see him today... But he hadn't responded to her earlier text... He was probably busy. Or grieving... After all, his father had died. Chiara's attention was pulled back to the current moment as Julia's phone went off, signaling that she had received a text. She heard Julia mumble "... by noon... obvious... see you next week?! I can't go that long without..." Chiara opened her mouth to respond, surprised that Julia wanted to spend more time with her, only to be cut off as the blonds phone went off again and the blond corrected, "Oh... well... that's better I suppose. So, it seems I have the rest of the day off. Rest of the week in fact. Do you have a phone number I can reach you at? I mean, it would be quite wonderful if we could do this again." The red-head stared in surprise.

Julia wanted to spend more time with her? It was so... Unusual. So strange. It was foreign. "I also really have nothing else to do today it seems. I mean... I guess I could go home from here, but it seems a waste. If you have anything else you have to do today, go ahead. I don't want to intrude. It's just... talking with you has been fun. A little scary sometimes, but fun." What? Chiara felt her face drop and she looked away; how could someone say such nice things and then say something so hurtful? She might not have been entirely human anymore but she did have very human emotions... And after a lifetime of being shunned and then allowing just the tiniest mite of hope for a friendship... That statement had just the slightest barbed touch. "What... What exactly do you mean by that?" questioned the red-head, still looking down.

"It's not that bad, honestly," replied Julia, "Some of your emotions are pretty hardcore, and intimidating." Chiara's head snapped up and she leveled a glare at the blond that could have curdled milk. Julia covered her mouth with her hands and she said, "I am so sorry. Growing up being a meta, I tend to forget that others don't know. It's... it's why I apologized earlier. I can turn it on and off and I really should've asked first." A mind reader? Was she in the company of a telepath? One of those mind-stealing pests? "Have you been sitting here, under the pretext of having a friendly lunch, just to read my mind? Is that what's been going on here? Are you a mind-reader?" demanded Chiara. The flora beneath the bench stirred.

"No, no, no, no... Chiara, you've got it all wrong. I read emotions... not minds. God no... no one should have the right to read into other's thoughts. Who would want to? It sounds torturous. But... no. I won't ever do it again if you feel it is entering your personal space." Julia seemed coiled and timid now, as though she was ready to shrink into herself. Chiara glared at her, bright mind mulling over what she'd just learned. Not a mind reader but a meta with the power of empathy... Interesting. But not entirely wanted. She did not want anyone to know what she was feeling at any point. At the risk of sounding like a complete b***h and losing the only friendly female contact she had, the red head replied, "What goes on in my head, my mind, is my business. Not yours, not anyone else's. Don't do it again."

She took a breath and then realized just how much of a b***h she actually sounded... The red head let out that breath, blowing a strand of hair out of her face before saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't intend for that to come out so rude. I'm just... I'm not used to being around other people much, let alone other metas, and I'm used to everything about me being... just mine." As much as Chiara didn't like that Julia had been reading her emotions, she didn't want to lose the chance for the only real friendship she'd had in a long time... Or ever. "Look, you've got the rest of the day off... And I don't have any plans; I wanted to try and deliver some medicine to my boyfriend but I think he's busy... So I guess I'm free. I've been meaning to go to the Royal Botanic Gardens for some research ever since I arrived in England but I haven't had a chance yet... Do you want to join me?"

It was a bit of risk but what could it hurt? Even if Julia took that as an opportunity to leave... Chiara would still go. There was a lot to see and she needed to do research; she might not have been employed by MI anymore but she was still a scientist and she had work to do.

(( Ooc: ))

Roskuel
siris

Lonely Spirit

User Image

“I would like to see anyone, prophet, king, or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.”

Thoughts: Revenge or Curiosity?

{T}
hat was IT! Surge was going to rip the boy’s limbs off and beat him with them when he caught up to him. First, Electro had tried to cage him; then the boy simply ran off and left him there, stranded in this weakening blue bubble. The current increased until finally the blue glow of the shield, the hum of the wires, the glow of the fireflies died. He was chasing after the kid unlucky enough to run into Surge. Just as Surge rounded the last corner before a main street, he saw the boy release a bird that was giving off the signal he desired… both taking a different direction. Which to chase? Revenge or curiosity?

Finally, Surge decided he could always track the boy later. He ran after the bird; people looked at him strangely as he crashed through the crowds. He didn’t care about the bodies in the way. He would get the object of his desire if it killed whoever got in his way…

It had been some chase. That bird had taken Surge through alleys and a park, through a whole neighborhood before Surge tired of the game and just gave it a small zap. As it dropped to the ground, He grabbed it before it could fly away. He turned the mechanical avian’s face towards it and whispered ever so softly, ”I win. Maybe we should play again sometime… I really like you.” Surge than released the bird and watched as it flew away. He coked his head, reading the signal coming off the watch again with newfound understanding. All the knowledge… all the data… This was a much better prize than the first signal.

Surge could sense another signal, stronger still than either of the others; it seemed to originate from a large building nearby reading, “Montoro Inc.” He shook his head. He was tired of chasing encrypted signals for now. He had s particularly foxy lady to harass… This town was something interesting.

Sanokun711

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageUser Image
                                                              The fight began again in earnest, this time one on one. The specter attacked more aggressively, as though to match Amanda's anger, and their guard was up, their attacks so fierce, that it seemed that neither was able to land a hit in what felt to be forever. If this continued... It seemed like the fight would never end. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Tina trying to fight off paramedics so that she could watch what was going on inside the decimated cafe. Lincat, it seemed, realized that they were rather evenly matched at this juncture and so changed his tactics. Rather than disappearing for a few seconds to get the jump on her... He began to disappear for longer and longer periods of time. Long enough to make the naive believe that he'd simply left altogether. Amanda didn't believe that he had. There was something about this ghost that said that he wasn't one to give up like that, not if he believed he had a chance to win or at least seriously maim his opponent. The three hostages who had been too terrified to try and leave during the fight crawled out of 'hiding' - it didn't really count as hiding if everyone knew where they were to begin with - and one whispered, “Is he gone?” Amanda made the mistake of looking over at the remaining hostages, instead of keeping her senses alert for Lincat, and that was when the homicidal maniac decided to attack. It was what he'd been waiting for. He appeared faster than she could react, his scythe tearing deep into the back of her leg, ripping through skin, muscle, and sinew with ease before he pulled it out again. She went down with a scream of pain, blood gushing from the wound he had created; he'd nearly taken her leg off! As she lay there in a growing pool of her own blood, Lincat stood over her, grinning as though he'd just won a prize. “Stupid Amanda.” He shifted his scythe, preparing for a killing strike. Amanda tried to work through the pain to shove him away with a wave. It was proving to be exceedingly difficult. “I kill you. Then Tina.” His smirk grew as he pulled his scythe back, preparing to kill her, and she closed her eyes, preparing for the killing blow... but it never came.

Amanda opened her eyes and then, with one last wave of energy, she called forth a wave to push him to the other side of the cafe. The twin sank to the floor, the rest of her energy expended. She was sure that this was going to be the end. He didn't come towards her again and he didn't vanish after he was hit. Instead... Lincat just stared at her. He looked confused. Then: “I not intend.. I am sorry I break promise.” Then he was gone. Amanda stared at the place he had been standing. Promise? What promise? He'd never even seen or spoken to her or her sister until today and he was talking about breaking promises? Maybe he was crazier than everyone thought. Not that that was saying a lot, as everyone seemed to be aware that he was absolutely nuts. Bonkers. Off his nut. What was she thinking about? Amanda wasn't sure. She felt numb and warm at the same time. Had he cut an artery? Maybe. She'd bleed out if he did. She hoped the paramedics could get their s**t together enough to stop her from dying. How was Tina doing? Had they helped her yet? She was stubborn; Amanda was sure they'd have to sedate her. Geez, Redhawk would have a cow if he knew how this had gone. How was he doing? He was always busy, always running. He needed to rest. She felt that she could sleep. Sleep was beckoning her, wanting to enfold her in its soft, comforting arms and let her rest for a while. It was most tempting. Her eyes closed. She almost went. But then there was the sound of many people entering the cafe and getting the three survivor's out and then there were people all around her. She couldn't see them clearly. They were all kind of fuzzy and their words weren't coming through properly. Surely Lincat had managed to slice open her femoral artery. She'd never imagined that this was how she'd die... Amanda always figured it would be something like getting her lungs ripped open or by taking a knife to the heart. Not by bleeding out on the floor of a cafe. That was hardly a heroic way to go. She could hear the people - perhaps they were paramedics - talking about her. At least, she thought it was about her. They were say thing about trauma and blood loss and a lot of other things that she didn't entirely catch.

Dying wasn't nearly as glamorous as movies and books made it out to be. Of course, that was assuming she was actually dying. There was pressure on her leg and pain shot through her. Amanda convulsed with a gasp - that really hurt! - and someone said, "She's still awake!" More pressure was applied to the injury. Something was being wrapped around her leg. And then she was suddenly being moved onto another hard surface... Was that a gurney? What a strange word, gurney. Where was Tina? Amanda closed her eyes. Her whole body ached. Why couldn't they have just had a normal day for once?

Tegian
            ooc: outfit

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

User Image

The pain wasn't too bad. He was used to much worse from his time with the OWC. He still didn't enjoy it though... the burst of pain from every sharp kick to gut, chest, face, and groin. The biting hit from fists slamming his head repeatedly into the cement floor on which he lay. What hurt most was the metal pipe one of them found.. the sickening crack of his bones as they broke under it's carelessly placed hits.

The bones snapped back into place immediately, the bruises vanished before they could form, and the pain would fade in and out at ever turn. The only thing that was a constant was the laughter, the anger, and the hatred the gang put into ever strike against their prey that did not even try to defend itself against them. That's all I am. A thing to be used and abused. It's all i'm good for, I don't know why I tried to run from it. I should just go back to what i'm good at.. the cage wasn't too bad.. I never hurt anyone while in the cage...

The first real reaction to the pain the thugs recieved was after one had grabbed his pocket knife and stabbed their new toy in the chest, narrowly avoiding the heart. A short, sharp gasp escaped their prize as he jerked his hands towards the blade to remove it. A hand grabbed one wrist while a foot smashed the other hand back onto the cement. "So it is still alive!" The one who had done the stabbing exclaimed with a laugh. "We were worried you had clocked out on us without waiting for the real fun to start." The speaker ripped the blade from his chest, the wound closed within a few heartbeats and through the amusement and anger, they did seem slightly surprised at the speed in which their prey could heal. "Looks like we'll have fun for days with this one."

It all continued again with increased ferocity, more knives were added to the mix, and there was one who seemed completely content keeping to his brass knuckles and using those to repeatedly knock the teeth from their prone prizes mouth. He seemed to find some kind of joy in watching them grow back in after every removal, then knocking them out once more. Over, and over, and over...

Eventually, most of the group had left off of the beating, leaving only three trying to think of more creative ways in which to harm their prize. A string of words was said, that peirced through the fog on their prizes' mind, that snapped him from his spiraling loss of self. Reality rushed back to Kayleb as two men pressed down on one wing each while the third brandished a very large knife. "No! No please!" Kayleb let out in a harsh yell of terror as he finally tried to jerk himself away from the men who held him captive. The sudden life in him very much startled the group, but it only made the leader's grin turn wicked. "Ah ha! Looks like we found the things it loves most." He sneered as Kayleb contiued to struggle. "Please! Anything but my wings! PLEASE!" Kayleb cried out as he struggled with all the strength he had left, but it was to no avail. The man was raising the blade, and Kayleb couldn't help but shut his eyes.

The shear pain of a severed wing never came though... and eventually through all the noise that he had deafened himself too, Kayleb found he was no longer being held down. He remained as still as possible, as he tried to figure out, without opening his eyes, what was going on, but silence greeted him. What happened? Am I dead? He was about to open his eyes when his head was touched, he tensed, not sure of what was going on, but soon a very familiar and very worried voice cut through the silence. He finally opened his unnervingly white eyes to the sight of Celeste crouched over him, on the brink of tears.

He pulled Celeste into a tight hug of gratitude, but he quickly pulled away with a sudden jerk, a look of trepidation in his eyes. "I'm okay." He said with a small, bloody smile. Hell, he was covered in buckets of blood, it looked as though multiple someone's had bled out around him from the amounts there were. But not a scratch was on Kayleb, a few nice new scars, but nothing more. Kayleb didn't even seem to realize, he just pushed himself up to his feet slowly, feeling for the first time in a long time, exhausted from overuse of his power. "Thank you.. for helping me Lux. But I... need to.. go now." He spoke as he tried to move away, but before he could go even more than a few feet, Celeste had hold of him, stopping him from continuing on his way.

What came next, she was clearly not expecting. "I said I need to go!" He yelled as he jerked his arm away from Lux's grasp. She momentarily wore a look of astonishment on her face before it was cleared away as Kayleb continued. "I'm not coming back! I'm not a challenger anymore!" Celeste tried to speak, but Kayleb wouldn't let her, "No! Shut up! You don't know what I... I can't come back! I'm a monster and I can't. I just can't!" tears were in his eyes but he refused to let them fall. "Just go away. I don't deserve anything other than my small cramped cage back with my Masters."

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
User Image

Shaundi had just about been ready to relax her guard, when Hadil struck Lillith and Lillith reacted quite violently. Lightning was thrown at Shaundi, who managed to avoid the brunt of it thanks to quick reflexes and a great dodge. The same could not be said for the girl, who was now over the edge; fingertips told Shaundi she was still hanging on. It was hard for even trained people to hold on long. Redhawk had the team try it once themselves so they could get a good idea of the difficulty.

In a snap, the Detroit leader was between this violent woman and the girl hanging. She quickly made her decision about what to do as well. Saving the girl would have been the right thing to do, but this violent other woman with fire in her eyes was more of a threat than the fall would be. Trying to ward off one and save the other would only result in a case of death for Shaundi. It was a bad decision to have to make, but that was part of the job. The other woman stared daggers at Shaundi, who only showed a quiet determination. Manny was the talker, Shaundi was a doer. Just before she was going to attack, the other two spoke.

“​If you do not remove yourself from between myself and my friend, then I shall gladly do so for you. This is your only warning."

"I'm ever so glad you're here! We've been waiting to meet up with one of you Challengers for days! Didn't expect you to follow us up onto the roof though."

"What?" Shaundi asked, raising an eyebrow and glancing over at the hanging girl. So these two were friends? Some way for friends to behave. Trusting this hanging girl was risky, but Shaundi did it and moved to help her rather than hurt Lillith. she stretched out an arm, which snaked over to Hadil and wrapped around her waist firmly. With a small grunt of strain, she lifted Hadil back on the rooftop where she would be safe, unless this other one decided to attack again.

"A word of advice... you ever come across Redhawk, I would not attack him like that." She noted dryly to Lillith. Some of the other heroes, the ones who could be more hotheaded, would react and attack much faster than Shaundi had. It was times like these that this restraint paid off... other times it could bite her right in the a**.

"So, attacks aside... You were looking for one of us? May I ask why?"

It was not easy to shift gears so suddenly, from fight to discussion, but it was again part of the job. Part of the reason Shaundi led a team in Detroit was that she could excell in diplomacy just as easily as combat. Some of the others had a harder time switching, but she was doing her best to help them learn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff