Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which format do you prefer to get Daily Chance?

Pop-up that lets me claim and go back to exactly where I was 0.5625 56.2% [ 9 ]
Redirect to a new window to claim, then go where I like next 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I don't care, just give me the goodies! 0.1875 18.8% [ 3 ]
I don't care, I never claim them. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'd like to be able to set my preference. 0.25 25.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
There are two ways we can claim extra goodies like Daily Chance, floating giftboxes, etc. I much prefer the one where a popup lets me claim it and return immediately to what I was doing exactly where I left off to the one where it takes me to a new window where I must complete the claim then wander back to where I was.

I don't know if pop-ups are harder for some computers to handle and that's why both ways are available, but if I could pick, I'd pick the kind you get from "Home" Daily Chances rather than the kind you get from "World" Daily Chances. And I'm so grateful the floating giftboxes and wing stickers generally use pop-ups so I don't lose my place in whatever I was doing when they showed up.

Maybe you'd prefer the other way 'round?

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
For me it comes as a popup if the page has fully loaded before I clicked daily chance (on all of the main pages) but if it hasn't that's when it redirects to a new page

O.G. Nerd

There's no difference between the Daily Chance on the Home tab compared to the World tab (or any other tab). They behave in exactly the same way.

In terms of the giftbox popup, that was a change because the old version, where it was a modal within your same window that popped up, did what you're talking about not liking. It meant that you wound up having to leave what you were doing to claim your prize, because it popped up in the same window. Now, when it pops up in a separate window, you can claim your prize and then close that window, and your original window is right where you left it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff