Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
legnanellaf5
Make sure that the tea you have doesnt have caffeine in it, because that will hinder your want for sleep.

I try to blank out my mind, so that it isnt full with anythign that would keep me up.

Oh damn thats true o.o..I have to check for that caffeine

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
OldGlory
throughthewoods
OldGlory
throughthewoods
OldGlory
I hate to sound rude with this; but masturbation can help. Just fyi.

haha its fine xD but it just doesn't really do the trick otherwise I would stick with it..
well I guess sometimes I just feel restless lol like I still have a lot of energy xD
Yeah, I feel ya. I get that way sometimes at night. I usually watch a little tv, play a game, or just lay down in the dark with most everything off and think about pleasant things.That last one usually does the trick..

Homework would make me fall asleep o.o; but nowadays I would get it done early..and its not the best tactic to use > >;
Heh...Could always try to read random autobiographies. That would do the trick for me...boring...xD

Haha yeah..that reminds me my teacher's lectures are boring as heck! really puts me asleep...
throughthewoods
Kemo the Blaxican
At night I like to open my window and turn off everything. The sounds of the wind and crickets and all kinds of natury things even cars outside makes me calm. It works for me. But I usually get yelled at for leaving my window open at night.

why don't let you leave it open? my family doesn't mind..tho with certain windows I have to make sure there are no holes or whatever so that the bugs don't come in -shivers- > <;

Because they think burglars or someone would break into the house or something. It's already happened once though. But I think it would never happen. They would have to be stupid to climb through my window.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
Kemo the Blaxican
throughthewoods
Kemo the Blaxican
At night I like to open my window and turn off everything. The sounds of the wind and crickets and all kinds of natury things even cars outside makes me calm. It works for me. But I usually get yelled at for leaving my window open at night.

why don't let you leave it open? my family doesn't mind..tho with certain windows I have to make sure there are no holes or whatever so that the bugs don't come in -shivers- > <;

Because they think burglars or someone would break into the house or something. It's already happened once though. But I think it would never happen. They would have to be stupid to climb through my window.

Is it a two story? I mean is your room on the top floor?
Mine is at the bottom oxo
throughthewoods
Kemo the Blaxican
throughthewoods
Kemo the Blaxican

Is it a two story? I mean is your room on the top floor?
Mine is at the bottom oxo

It's a one story house. It's also on the corner of the street where alot of cars go by. I wouldn't exactly call this a safe area to live but I would know if someone is there before they even get in anyways. There is a screen and blinds also covering the window.
I seriously sleep with stuffed animals. I have a purple dolphin named Bob, and a lime named Monsuier Limon, and they help me sleep when my boyfriend isnt around. Its totally childish but I dont care, I tend to have horrible bouts of insomnia or just no time to sleep and theyre very comforting xp I also may read or watch the cooking channel before sleeping, that helps sometimes as well.

Tipsy Faun

9,150 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
lavender and chamomile teas are specifically aimed for making you relaxed and/or tired, if that doesn't work, I'd suggest valerian root, or possibly even melatonin capsules or drops. Of course make sure you don't have any conflicting allergies first.

Garbage Gaian

When I do sleep I usually take a long bath before bed, it helps soothe all my muscles and just make me relaxed.

Lonely Noob

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
No distracting lights. And a cool room-temperature wise. And a bed that doesn't creak as much is pretty good too. And sleeping naked helps a ton. Your body just gets wrapped up in this little warmth of your own temperature cuddling and snuggling with your blanket. And having a few pillows don't hurt either. I have four. I usually just close my eyes in darkness and listen to the sound of my breathing, oddly enough; that's enough to hypnotize me and I sleep before I even know it. Hope this helps.

Tipsy Gaian

throughthewoods
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I love my tea but it doesn't seem like it is enough haha x3 <3

Tea before bed is probably a bad idea because of the caffeine , unless it's chamomile.
I take a sleep aid called Trazodone (also used for anxiety), but recently, I've turned to smoking pot because Trazodone leaves me feeling groggy and hang-overish in the morning.

Tipsy Fatcat

Sex, cuddling with my Bf , knowing that my Bf is close ti me (When he works night, I have a hard time sleeping), looking at pictures on 9gag.com with my phone and the britness low, being pantsless biggrin
Melatonin! All Natural! And I always feel so refreshed after I sleep with this stuff!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

Traveler

16,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
Oddly enough, if I have trouble sleeping I just have to sleep somewhere else. Every time I try to sleep in my own bed I get nightmares, so I prefer the couch over a bed! How a bed can give nightmares is beyond me. Another thing that helps with sleep is to stop watching TV or things involving electric screens an hour before you go to bed. If you try to before an hour has passed, your brain will be too stimulated to let you sleep.

Rainbow Smoker

TaiyouKumori
Oddly enough, if I have trouble sleeping I just have to sleep somewhere else. Every time I try to sleep in my own bed I get nightmares, so I prefer the couch over a bed! How a bed can give nightmares is beyond me. Another thing that helps with sleep is to stop watching TV or things involving electric screens an hour before you go to bed. If you try to before an hour has passed, your brain will be too stimulated to let you sleep.

I actually can't sleep WITHOUT the tv on, I guess my brain is abnormal. sad If someone tries to turn it off I immediately wake up.

To the OP- smoke weed if you can. It's the most relaxing, peaceful sleep. Listen to relaxing music. Sometimes if I don't feel like having the TV on I put on Sounds of the Rainforest or Ocean Waves, stuff like that, it's a dream.

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
I sleep with an eyemask on. It's weird, because I know my room's already dark, but ever sense I started wearing one when I had migraines and was medicated until I HAD to sleep them off, I don't sleep as well without it.

I also sleep with earplugs, but that's because the boyfriend snores.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff