Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Cat

I am not very smart and I am honestly fine with it.

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fortunately, college isn't really about intelligence at all. Don't worry about it.
Just keep your head up, and have more confidence in yourself! Go to class on time, pay attention in lectures, complete your assignments in a timely matter, study for tests, midterms and finals and seek out extra help. Colleges often offer out out class help, ask your professors what their office times are, you can set up appointments with them to help you catch up on what you don't understand, it really isn't that hard so you should stop worrying, you'll be fine. I'm not the smartest academically, especially when it comes to math, but I went to every single out of class session that I could take, and I graduated.

Dedicated Loiterer

Take some classes that interest you. So far, my experience in college hasn't been affected by how much I knew, but how motivated I was to go to class and get the grades. Your first year or two of college is about experimentation, so just try out different classes and see which ones you enjoy and base your education around the interests that you think you could make a living off of.

And if you find yourself sitting there in some of your lecture classes, slack-jawed and dozing off in a post-secondary haze, don't worry. We've all done that, and it doesn't make you any "worse" at college.

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Come to think of it, I did focus on school, writing, and art.

Chatty Kitten

A fair deal of people are able to get through college if they put effort into it. Just study hard. C:
Going to college seems like a scary thing, I remember I was pretty scared as well. But it's really not that bad. Motivation and hard work are the keys!

Wheezing Fatcat

nobody starts out knowing a lot, that is the whole point of studying. you can always do your own research on things, ask people in certain careers/jobs for suggested books to read on what they do, or you could talk to them, to find out what you're interested in. that will get you started but you will still need experience, and if you don't understand something you need to figure out how you need help.

Quotable Noob

4,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hey, at least you survived abortion.
It's normal to feel this way. I'm 20 and will be returning to school in a year so I'll have been out of school for 3-4 years. All you gotta do is try to teach yourself and if worse comes to worse try for a few more grants/scholarships so you can take some remedial classes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff