LITERACY ↘↘ LITERATE+
                              SETTING ↘↘ DYSTOPIAN

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User Image
                                                                  Life. The great miracle. And, the great mystery. Since the beginning, humans and Pokémon alike have searched for its meaning. Many strange and wondrous legends evolved from the pursuit of life’s mysteries.
                                                                  Pokémon 1998: Mew Two Strikes Backxxxx

.HISTORY
                                        They had been trying to develop a way to bridge the natural gap between pokémon and humans. All they wanted was a method powerful enough to create a ‘middle ground’. They had tried everything, from machinery to physic abilities and had finally fallen onto science. The substance they created was called HEX 13 and it was highly radioactive, but it worked. Initially it only created small changes—pokémon were capable of speech for short periods of time and they took on acute human characteristics—although the changes were far from permanent. The scientists went about making HEX 13 more potent, more effective, and they succeeded.

The first gijinka was a polygone—fitting, considering that was the artificial pokémon—but soon scientists were finding that it worked on other pokémon as well. While the chemical was ‘picky’—only working in random cases regardless of species or type and making sick or killing the others—the scientists were too caught up in their research to care. It wasn’t until the experiments started catching the attention of the other nearby regions did the scientists of Shuujin get worried. It was only then did they notice the effects of the radiation outside of the lab. They were forced to shut down and move. After rallying up all of the gijinka that had evolved outside of the lab they moved, taking their chemicals with them to Omiros Island.

It was ten years ago that the radiative chemicals were moved to Omiros island and the researchers still haven’t gotten very far with understanding it. While they have discovered that it has no effect on humans they still don’t understand why some pokémon react to the radiation and others do not, or why some are effected simply by being nearby and others have to be bathed or ingest the material. They continued to do their research and soon found that gijinka, like humans, were very capable of making their own decisions. So, to make things easier, the humans started giving the gijinka an offer: “You can live comfortably in the home and help with research and work or you can live in the basement and we’ll continue to extensively experiment on you”.

Some gijinka fought, others agreed; few even got away. This created a very distinct break between the gijinka who lived with the humans and the ones who hid themselves away in the forest, which had long since been protected by a legendary pokémon that had moved to the island. The gijinka who lived in the labs tended to be treated badly, not intentionally but rather because of the extremity of the treatments and experiments that they were subjected to. Gijinka who agreed to help the humans, taking on jobs in both the lab and the stores and subjecting themselves to bi-monthly ‘check-ups’ that were admittedly rather invasive, are mostly healthy and well off. They are allowed their own homes and make the same money as any human would in their position so they can afford luxuries. The ‘wild’ gijinka—the ones that either evolved outside of the labs or one of the lucky few who managed to escape from the labs—are varied in their condition. While they don’t have houses like the ‘domestic’ gijinka or humans they are relatively safe in the forest and generally live in burrows, tree forts, and land forts that they’ve created from the brush. Their diets consist of more natural foods and if they were to be caught by the scientists they would likely be subjected to extensive experimentation before being given the choice to cooperate.

There are very few people outside of Omiros who know of the gijinka, and anybody who knows about them and doesn’t try to hide their knowledge is taken to Omiros and is not permitted to leave. The only boat going on or off the island only ships product and does not permit passengers of any kind.

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
                                                                  Hello there! Welcome to the world of pokémon! My name is Oak! People call me the pokémon Prof! This world is inhabited by creatures called pokémon! For some people, pokémon are pets. Others use them for fights. Myself... I study pokémon as a profession.
                                                                  —Professor Oak, Pokémon Redxxxx

.THE SHUUJIN REGION
                                        The Shuujin Region is one somewhat unlike the other regions in the area. Though it has no pokémon league or ‘gym’ system of it’s own it reaches as far south as the top of the Kanto Region, which can be used to access the Johto Region, so many Shuujin trainers travel south to that pokémon league in order to test themselves.

While, like those other regions, it is filled with countless pokémon—many of which in fact from these other regions around it—it has it’s how unique feature as well: Gijinka. While it is something unique to this region they have been, for the most part, locked away (along with the cause of gijinka) onto Orion Island, which can be found to the west of the main island and is only accessible through Chorea City by boat due to the unpredictable nature of the waters of the sea.

.THE OMIROS ISLANDS
                                        It was ten years ago that the radiative chemicals and gijinka were moved to Omiros island. The scientists continue to do their research on the island, now with the assistance of some gijinka, and have rebuilt much of the old structures. Now Omiros is an island that is almost entirely self-sufficient. Stock for the large store are delivered in from Chorea City and Omiros has it's own pokémon center. A good portion of the island is dedicated to a residential area and the rest is taken up by a forest that is protected by a mysterious aura. The forest is just beyond the entrance to the underground and the hot springs, and is filled with traps that only seem to spring when a human is nearby. The underground is very similar; it is filled with traps that only seem to effect humans and is also currently unmapped. Inside the underground is like a maze and it's nearly impossible to make your way from one end to another and humans almost always find themselves wandering in circles—somehow pokémon and gijinka can sense the way through, though.

.OMIROS SHRINE
                                        This area, two small islands joined by on old wooden bridge and surrounded by impenetrable rocks and a barrier, is filled with pokémon and gijinka who have taken refuge from the humans. Many of the inhabitants of this island have been injured or damaged in some way, although there are some healthy pokémon and gijinka here, and it is one of the few places that the humans haven't managed to find yet.

.GINKÉBALLS
                                        The scientists have developed a new pokéball system that is as effective on the gijinka as the traditional pokéballs on pokémon, while remaining totally ineffective on human and pokémon. Some of them are available for purchase in the general store but others are only accessible through ‘special’ methods.

User Image
                              Names with an [ * ] are available for purchase. Bolded ones are only accessible through 'events'. V2's have been recently redeveloped because the original killed the Gijinka.
                              Poké Ball*
                              Great Ball*
                              Ultra Ball*
                              Luxury Ball*
                              Master Ball V2
                              Net Ball*
                              Safari Ball
                              Premium Ball

Dive Ball V2*
                              Timer Ball*
                              Dusk Ball*
                              Heal Ball*

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
                              .GAIA TOS
                                        Hopefully you've read them by now, but if you haven't... well, I suggest you do for your own sake. For all sakes and purposes this roleplay is PG-13. That means no exaggerated sexualization or excessive cussing-- while the latter is allowed, I don't want to see it being all your character is capable of saying. No cybering. At all. I don't care if you hold hands, cuddle, kiss, glomp--whatever you wanna do--but as soon as clothes come off it stops. No exceptions. If you fail to follow this rule you will be not only removed from the roleplay but also reported. So we should all just play nice, alright?

.COURTESY
                                        Disrespect towards anybody, regardless of race, age, or cree will not be tolerated. It ruins the roleplay and breaks ToS and I will not stand for it. You'll have one chance to apologize--since I understand that sometimes we get carried away--but if I find the problem repeating itself or you are unwilling to shake hands and be friends you will be removed from the roleplay. Simple as that.

.LITERACY
                                        This is a Literate+ roleplay and I hope you know what you're getting into if you apply. Literate+ means that abhorred grammar and excessive incorrect spelling will not be tolerated--use a spellcheck if you think that may be a problem. Another thing that will not be permitted is one-lining. Nobody wants that. You'll be expected a minimum of four lengthy paragraphs--around 450+ words--but more is always appreciated! I understand that we all get writer's block sometimes, so if you dip below that every now and again it's alright... but try not to make it a habit, alright?

.POSTING
                                        It his highly preferred that you use bold and colouring for your speaking and italics and colouring for thinking. While layouts aren't mandatory, although they are certainly appreciated, please include at least a picture (that won't stretch the page), their name, and their location to avoid confusion. Also, while it is okay to have short OOC comments in your post, please leave the OOC to the OOC forum! It just wastes space, so thanks!
                                        POSTING SIZE AND COLOUR:: Please keep your posting size to size eleven (11). Anything smaller is difficult to read, and larger fonts are blocky and unappealing. When choosing your character's colours please avoid bright, neon, or difficult to see colours that strains the eyes. If you're not sure feel free to PM me, and if I find your character colour to be too bright then I will just PM you to let you know. Thank you for your understanding!

.BATTLES
                                        This is a dystopian Pokémon roleplay--there are bound to be battles. But please, please, please do not god mod or puppet somebody else's character? Pre-plot all fights before hand to avoid any issues, whether it be in the OOC or over PMs, and if you find that somebody is controlling your character and won't fix it upon your request feel free to PM me and I will ask the person to edit their post.

.CHARACTERS
                                        For all intents and purposes this roleplay is A/U. No cannons exist--none of the main or side characters, or any of their descendants, will be accepted. Legendaries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis and there will be only one of each. For example, if Lugia is a gijinka then his/her pokémon form will not exist or if Ho-Oh is a pokémon then a gijinka form can not exist. You can make humans, ginjinka, or pokémon characters although I'd like a ratio of 5:5:2-ish (or less). Really, I'm just looking for more human[oid] characters than pokémon. As a human character or gijinka you can choose to work in the labs or be part of Team Rocket, although only human characters can be trainers and only gijinka can be test subjects.
                                        GIJINKA AS ❝PETS❞:: In this roleplay gijinka can be kept as 'personal pokémon' with a special pokéball that was developed specifically for use on gijinka. At the same time it is much more difficult to come across and catch a gijinka, so if you are going to have one in your party please limit it to only one of your party of (maximum) six. If you have a gijinka as a character it can be a 'personal pokémon' and, in fact, this is preferred to having a bunch of npc characters!

.APPLYING
                                        If you are applying there is no need to PM me the reserve, trust me. Fill out the reserve, which can be found in the coding thread, and post it in the OOC. The coding already links to a quote to me so I will see it! Once you're accepted please begin a profile, using the coding in the coding thread, in a separate test thread and, again, quote me with a link to your completed profile in the OOC. I will be implying due dates (of seven (7) days later) although I am understanding if something comes up. If you feel you need an extension then PM me and I will give you an additional three (3) days.

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
                              .OPEN ROLES
                                        ↘↘ Head Scientist
                                        ↘↘ Head Assistant
                                        ↘↘ Scientist (Unlimited)

↘↘ Nurse 1
                                        ↘↘ Nurse 2

↘↘ General store cashier 1
                                        ↘↘ General store cashier 2
                                        ↘↘ Clothing store cashier 1
                                        ↘↘ Clothing store cashier 2
                                        ↘↘ Medical store cashier 1
                                        ↘↘ Medical store cashier 2
                                        ↘↘ TM store cashier 1
                                        ↘↘ TM store cashier 2
                                        ↘↘ Furniture store cashier 1
                                        ↘↘ Furniture store cashier 2
                                        ↘↘ Grocery store cashier 1
                                        ↘↘ Grocery store cashier 2
                                        ↘↘ Day care supervisor 1
                                        ↘↘ Day care supervisor 2
                                        ↘↘ Waitress
                                        ↘↘ Cook

↘↘ Trainers (any number, no gijinka can be a trainer)

These roles are for humans and gijinka only.

.HUMANS

↘↘ SCIENTISTS:
                                        User ImageUser ImageUser Image

↘↘ TRAINERS:

↘↘ OTHER:

.GIJINKA

↘↘ EXPERIMENTS:

↘↘ URBAN GIJINKA:

↘↘ WILD GIJINKA:

.POKÉMON

↘↘ EXPERIMENTAL POKÉMON:
                                        User ImageUser Image

↘↘ PARTNER POKÉMON:
                                        User ImageUser Image

↘↘ WILD POKÉMON:
                                        User ImageUser Image

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
                              .WHAT'S TO SEE IN ORION?
                                        ↘↘ THE LAB: it is situated next to the Pokémon Center and it is where the scientists conduct their experiments. It is several floors tall with a unanimous industrial theme throughout the interior. There are rooms for experimentation, rooms for research, and offices for the humans and gijinka working there. In the basement there is a 'prison' area where they keep gijinka who refuse to cooperate.

↘↘ THE POKÉMON CENTER: it is, like every other Pokémon Center, a place for healing injured pokémon. While it is situated next to the lab it is not affiliated or supportive of the experiments that are run there, although it will still take in any injured pokémon or gijinka regardless of who their trainer is.

↘↘ THE SHOPPING CENTER: a large 8 floor building that contains stores for everything you could imagine. On the first floor is general goods, the second floor has clothing and accessories, the third floor holds shops surrounding medical care (such as vitamins and medicine), the fourth floor sells the TM, the fifth floor sells furniture, the sixth floor is a grocery store, the seventh floor is a day care, and the eighth floor is a floor dedicated to entertainment. It has a restaurant, a cafe, and an gaming area.

↘↘ THE RESIDENTIAL AREA: a typical residential area featuring many homes. Both humans and gijinka can own homes, but only gijinka who agree to help the scientists can live here without being captured. The homes vary between one and two floors and are generally cozy and smaller in size.

↘↘ THE HOT SPRINGS: Orion has it's very own natural hot springs which is situated next to the caves that lead to the underground. It is known to hold health benefits for people who bathe their often. Pokémon from the forest frequent this place at their own discretion.

↘↘ SIGNIA FOREST: this forest is large, taking up about a third of the entire island. It is one of the few places where pokémon and gijinka are safe. While it is far from comfortable living for urbanized gijinka it is a haven where the legendary does it's best to protect the pokémon and gijinka from the scientists.

↘↘ ENTRANCE TO THE UNDERGROUND: this underground passage leads to the smaller islands, off to the right of the main island. The underground is filled with traps geared towards stopping any human (especially the scientists) from getting through.

↘↘ EXIT FROM THE UNDERGROUND: this cave leads to a small island that has nothing on it other than a rickety old bridge. This island is part of the rocky barrier around the shrine that now serves as a refuge for pokémon and gijinka.

↘↘ THE SHRINE: a large, worn building stands in the middle of a small island; the only other thing around is trees and a large field of flowers. This shrine was once dedicated to all the legendary pokémon and was once kept by humans who lived on the island. Since all of those natives have left it has fallen to ruin, but pokémon and gijinka are slowly rebuilding it and turning it into their safe haven.

User Image

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
                              .SPRING
                                        MNxxxTSxxxWDxxxTHxxxFRxxxSTxxxSN
                                        01xxx02xxx03xxx04xxx05xxx06xxx07
                                        08xxx09xxx10xxx11xxx12xxx13xxx14
                                        15xxx16xxx17xxx18xxx19xxx20xxx21
                                        22xxx23xxx24xxx25xxx26xxx27xxx28

↘↘ holidays & birthdays
                                        01— Festival of Rebirthxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx15—
                                        02— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx16—
                                        03— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx17—
                                        04— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx18—
                                        05— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx19—
                                        06— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx20—
                                        07— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx21—
                                        08— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx22—
                                        09— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx23—
                                        10— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx24— Flower Festival
                                        11— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx25—
                                        12— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx26—
                                        13— Firefly Festival xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx27—
                                        14— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx28—

.SUMMER

↘↘ holidays & birthdays
                                      01— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx15—
                                      08— Cooking Festivalxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx22—
                                      10— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx24—
                                      13— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx27— Stargazing Festival
                                      14— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx28— Fireworks Festival

.AUTUMN

↘↘ holidays & birthdays
                                    02— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx16— Moon Viewing Festival
                                    10— Festival of Colours xxxxxxxxxxxxxx24—
                                    13— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx27—
                                    14— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx28— Pumpkin Festival

.WINTER

↘↘ holidays & birthdays
                                  03— Snow Festival xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx17—
                                  10— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx24— Crystal Lights Festival
                                  11— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx25— Winter Festival
                                  13— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx27—
                                  14— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx28—

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
                              User Image
                              [url= http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.85197627/][img]http://i.imgur.com/YttmJpQ.png[/img][/url]

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
                              .SEASON ##
                                        DAY↘↘ MONDAY // TUESDAY // WEDNESDAY // THURSDAY // FRIDAY // SATURDAY // SUNDAY
                                        TIME↘↘ MORNING // AFTERNOON // EVENING
                                        WEATHER↘↘ (##˚ᶜ)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pFfJGPQ.png[/img]
                                        [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=18][color=#212e74]【[/color][size=23][color=#da1b34]☤[/color] [color=#8e6187][b].[size=15]SEASON ##[/b][/size][/color]
                                        [list][list][list][list][list][size=10][color=#8e6187][b]DAY[/b][/color][color=#da1b34]↘↘[/color] [color=#212e74]M[size=8]ONDAY // [size=10]T[size=8]UESDAY // [size=10]W[size=8]EDNESDAY // [size=10]T[size=8]HURSDAY // [size=10]F[size=8]RIDAY // [size=10]S[size=8]ATURDAY // [size=10]S[size=8]UNDAY [/color]
                                        [size=10][color=#8e6187][b]TIME[/b][/color][color=#da1b34]↘↘[/color] [color=#212e74]M[size=8]ORNING //[size=10] A[size=8]FTERNOON //[size=10] E[size=8]VENING[/color]
                                        [size=10][color=#8e6187][b]WEATHER[/b][/color][color=#da1b34]↘↘[/color] [color=#212e74]([size=8]##˚ᶜ[size=10])[size=8][/color]

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
[img]http://i.imgur.com/aqPIhOo.png[/img]

User Image
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LcxmWHP.png[/img]

User Image
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HWeWFjN.png[/img]

User Image
[img]http://i.imgur.com/X8cS5U2.png[/img]

User Image
[img]http://i.imgur.com/WSPisRa.png[/img]

User Image
[img]http://i.imgur.com/FrzUJfq.png[/img]

.TEXT HERE

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=18][color=#212e74]【[/color][size=23][color=#da1b34]☤[/color] [color=#8e6187][b].[size=15]TEXT HERE[/b][/size][/color]

↘↘ TEXT GOES HERE: blahblah

[list][list][list][list][list][size=10][color=#da1b34]↘↘[/color] [b]TEXT GOES HERE:[/b] blahblah[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points