Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now that we are nearing BF's conclusion, was this thread helpful at all?

Yes 0.46666666666667 46.7% [ 14 ]
No 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I didn't buy anything T_T 0.4 40.0% [ 12 ]
ALL MY MONEY WAS FOR CHEERMAGEDDON AT OLD NAVY 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Formal Elocutionist

This is not a guide or a part of resources. It's pure speculation and theory.

You might as well get as much bang for your buck, so I'm here to help. Remember, not always is the highest priced items are your safest bet to make a profit. (This pertains to the marketplace, and La Victoire) Here's to hoping all you black friday shoppers make the best choices!

Also, Keep in mind that not everybody is gonna be up at ungodly hours on day (insert number here). Some of those early sales might end up being your ticket to the good life.

Black Friday Item List

5000 GC Items (2 chances, 1 hour a piece)
Oison's Blessing --- Item has gradually been building up to 9 mil, and then shot down after announced for B-Friday sale. Item usually was not sold around this much before this year. Has had a few occurences where over 10+ sold in one day (this year!). For this being as old of an item as it is, this is quite surprising.
Hocuspocus Hair --- Item has steadily remained around the 7 to 5 mil range this year. Has an average of one being sold every blue moon. Not a great investment, unless looking to purchase for personal use.
Blade of the Night Sky --- Item rarely drops below 15 mil throughout the year. Is going to be a big seller to anyone willing to pay 5000 GC. Multiple sold every month, but not on a high-scale; usually two or three. Item also has an alchemy recipe.
Her Raiding Majesty --- Item sells around 7 mil, but has significantly dropped because of B-Friday's announcement. If you're a buyer, you're in luck. This item is not in high demand, averaging out to selling around 2 or 3 per month being sold.
Jet the Kitten Star --- A risky item. Item has been sold this year for over 30 mil, but that's probably not going to be the case for you. Most likely will earn around 14 mil. Item rarely shows any activity on the marketplace, despite it's popularity. Averaging a little less than 2 being sold per month.
Onei the Dark Unicorn --- Not enough data. A wild card. Recommend only buying for personal use or if you're talented in The Gaia Exchange. May prove to be a challenge to sell.
The Mad Hatter --- Has gradually been building up to 15 mil, with around average of 2 to 4 selling per month. Item seems like a good investment, if not too many are sold by the hour.
Gaia-Sama --- Even though it's currently at 7 mil, Item usually not seen under 8 mil. Decent investment. Averages out to having around 3 selling per month.

3000 GC Items (are all available for a full 2 hours)
Kanoko's Dark Reflection --- Hot seller on the MP, regardless of age. Item averages out to be around 2.75 mil. for the past year. If I remember right, this item hasn't increased in price nor decreased all that much since it first came out. Safe investment but item isn't best for the amount of GC you have to buy it for.
Heart x Mind --- Hasn't even been out a full year, and out for black friday! Item has gradually built up to 4.5 mil and has an average of 9-12 buyers a month. For the price not being very high, I expected more buyers, but if you're willing to wait this one out, might end up being a decent investment.
Rainy Day --- Gradually has been building to 6 mil (don't let the AVG buy price fool you). Has around 6 or so users buying one per month. Most likely will sky-rocket down before it comes back up, if enough users buy it. (and with an AVG buy price that high, why wouldn't they?)
Princess Manner --- To my surprise, not many have been sold on the MP this year. Prepare for the item to shoot down to a more reasonable price, and to possibly never be as high as it is right now.
Loathing Style --- Only half a year old, still a baby. Has almost as many sold this year as the princess manner, in half the time. Item is usually around 7 or 8 mil, despite what the avg buy price says.
Jekyll's Morality --- A decent selling item for it's age. Around 10 per month. Item's price is a bit wobbly. Has been everywhere from 3 to 5 mil on avg this year. Item might get overlooked from users buying alot of them. We'll see.
The Dark Ringmaster --- Slow seller for an item that lingers on the higher end of 3 mil. This might end up meaning the price will go down alot.
Lady Chimes --- Even as the price has dropped from 6 mil to 4 mil over the past year, the amount of sales actually have decreased as well. This item is already on the way to becoming permanently deflated. Black Friday is just nagging it on.

2500 GC Items (are available for 3 whole hours)
The Gravedigger's Exorcism Slow item to sell, but also seems not to have many listings available. Avg buying price seems to be around the lower end of 4 mil.
Lady Jane's Lace Thus far, not many have been available on the market, but with how the price steadily has fluctuated over the months, the demand seems to still be a bit high. If it's conveniently in the cash shop, and you still haven't spent all your GC it might be worth picking up one or two.
Dice Bunny Sold around 2.5 - 3 mil. A hot item. Seems to have around 20 buyers a month on average. There has shown over 100 of them being on the marketplace at a time, yet many of the owners don't seem phased with their item being on the Black Friday List. Only a fraction are on the marketplace at this time. Those kind of stats are hard to beat.
Dullahan's Edge Item has been gradually escalating to 3 mil all year, though might remain around that price. Avg of 8-10 buyers a month. Not much more to say. Seems a safe buy.

Bargain Singles (under 350 GC)
They're not really worth the GC put into them.

Pro-Tip for the GC buyer: Buy quickly, sell slowly. Just because you've got a brand new 15 mil item in your inventory, doesn't mean you're going to make your 15 mil in the next 15 minutes. Alot of richy rich pants got ahold of this item too, and think they can get by with making profit by making quick undercuts. Don't get caught in the storm! Wait until the chaos has died down completely and you might not risk a permanent deflation of your investment. Shoot, if you wait long enough, it might even inflate back up a little.

For anyone that's buying scrooge mcduck's items' in the marketplace, do the exact opposite of what I'm telling the GC buyer. Get right into that storm, and snag the best deal! scream

The Final Verdict: Overall, the insight has led me to figure that there are quite a few risky items, while many more that sound like great deals! While my speculation leads me to believe that there aren't as many good investments in the 3000 GC area, the 2500 GC items might make up for it. Though from what I can tell, best investments are still around the 5000 GC range.

So to keep this thread in the GCD, I've decided to make a few spoons.
~ Any particular items from Black Friday you guys actually excited about?
~ What items are you interested in seeing next year?
~ What do you predict will be a big seller for Gaia?

Fashionable Heckler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Very interesting, it looks like you put a lot of work into this. smile

Super exited about Onei, I really ******** love that hair. Also Gaia-Sama, I've wanted that item practically since I first saw it, so it's my big chance. Oh yeah, I also really want to know what's in the item bundles, there's a large list of bundle items I want but didn't get.

I was hoping they'd re-release Lovely Lucie again, since it's price shot up since last year's sale. I really should've bought it then, but I didn't have the gold or cash. Maybe they'll re-release it next year, since these sales are the only chance I have to snag items like these. Also, Loving Manner, which I like way more than Princess Manner, Persephone, and PLEASE Faust's Bottle next year.

I think Onei will be the big seller, since it's already the priciest out of all the 5000 gc items being sold. I see a lot of people who talk about getting Onei. Also, Oison's, since those eyes where already popular, but apparently people didn't have the gold. Although, I don't really like the eyes myself so I'm most likely not going to get them, since I feel they're overused and look horrible with a lot of makeup. Seriously, they your avatar's face look like a fish. (Oh god, Oison's + Gaia-Sama = ick)

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I agree with a lot of those. Some I'd be unsure about because it's hard to conceive that someone would buy a Raid(something) Majesty for $50. So I wouldn't assume the MP would be affected by any [nonexistent] RM cash shop sales. LOL

I think Lady Jane is going to behave the same way Dark Jubilee did. That is, never recover...lol

Rather than base predictions on MP graphs though, I'm basing predictions more by what items I think are worth a high price tag in the MP after a year or so.

Predictions are fun to make biggrin

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image King Blackwater:

Great advice, you should also include a guid to what international users should set their Gaia clocks to to keep track of the sale etc

Cluttered Conversationalist

Existential Existence
♥ I'd have to agree with the Raiding Majesty too, lol. Of all the other items, I feel like no one would spend $50 for it. It's not in high demand as it is.

I also agree with the Lady Jane's Lace going the whole Dark Jubilee way. It's one of those items that are cute and nice to have, but eventually might be sold off to get something different, hence, the market for it will always be moving steady.

Formal Elocutionist

Existential Existence
I agree with a lot of those. Some I'd be unsure about because it's hard to conceive that someone would buy a Raid(something) Majesty for $50. So I wouldn't assume the MP would be affected by any [nonexistent] RM cash shop sales. LOL

I think Lady Jane is going to behave the same way Dark Jubilee did. That is, never recover...lol

Rather than base predictions on MP graphs though, I'm basing predictions more by what items I think are worth a high price tag in the MP after a year or so.

I like Raiding Majesty. It's been on my wishlist forever, but if I bought it I wouldn't want to sell it.

What makes you assume Lady Jane's Lace will end up not recovering? It's a smart buy, but not one I'd imagine seeing every user investing in.

Playful Kitten

Jet was 14mil before excessive aurora crafting made it stupidly rare. saying it would be over 10mil after the sale is pretty generous.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
TINSTAAFL
Existential Existence

What makes you assume Lady Jane's Lace will end up not recovering? It's a smart buy, but not one I'd imagine seeing every user investing in.

It's exactly in the same situation/setup (even time slot) Dark Jubliee was in, plus it came from the same/similar promotion too. IMO Dark Jubliee is much more desirable than Lady Jane as well, but Jubilee still struggles making it past the 2mil mark. Lady Jane is a nice item, but it's not really worth more than 2mil.

Formal Elocutionist

Frozen Mist
Jet was 14mil before excessive aurora crafting made it stupidly rare. saying it would be over 10mil after the sale is pretty generous.

You make a good point. If this black friday sale is the same as last year's and idiot users deflate it that much, then don't expect the item to recover.

Playful Kitten

Existential Existence
TINSTAAFL
Existential Existence

It's exactly in the same situation/setup (even time slot) Dark Jubliee was in, plus it came from the same/similar promotion too. IMO Dark Jubliee is much more desirable than Lady Jane as well, but Jubilee still struggles making it past the 2mil mark. Lady Jane is a nice item, but it's not really worth more than 2mil.
I agree.

I actually had one over the summer and it took forever to sell, even though I was the only seller at the time. xD

I think people will end up buying it for its price tag, then market will plummet as they undercut each other, while few actually get bought up.

I honestly don't see any of these items making a good long term investment unless it's something you actually wanted.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Good and useful topic as always. heart
Very helpful.
I might still get that Princess Manner because the faces are just too great.

Formal Elocutionist

Cresandra
Very helpful.

Might wanna just buy that one with gold, if you've got enough.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

TINSTAAFL
Cresandra
Very helpful.

We'll see. I don't want to risk it not going down majorly in price.

Formal Elocutionist

Cresandra
TINSTAAFL
Cresandra
Very helpful.

We'll see. I don't want to risk it not going down majorly in price.

I'm pretty confident it will. To atleast under 5 mil during the first two hours.
For an item that is going to be for sale for a two full hours during 4-6 pm saturday (the day everyone's online buying stuff cause it's cyber saturday). I'm certain.
Even though I don't like how it looks, I'd even say Loathing Style would be a better investment.

Precious Vegetarian

23,175 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Marathon 300
@TINSTAAFL

What are your thoughts about never-before-seen exclusives?
Is it going to depend on what they are?
Should one hold on to the GC for these or no?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff