Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been a member here for quite a few years. Halloween on Gaia was always a big event. How disappointing to see it is no longer the case. No Halloween for zomg, no trick-or-treating in Towns, no Jack eek and as has been the case for the past 3 years - Aquariums have been left out (even though suggestions on how to include Aquariums were made at an ATA back in the Spring and seemed well received at least by 1 dev) and now I just discovered that this year, we can only get 1 set of Halloween items from the shops. sad

Only allowed 1 set of H2k12 shop items this year?

1:
Quote:
"They said there wasn't going to be Trick-or-Treating in Towns this year because they are working on Towns 2.0 / Just use a mule to collect another set."

- Some people enjoy the activity of collecting sets from TOT-ing and rather liked building their collection without having to spend gold or creating new accounts just to do so. At least last year, we could get a complete set from the shops and a complete set from Towns (if my memory is correct). It would've been nice if we could have at least been allowed to collect 2 sets of H2k12 from the shops this year.

2:
Quote:
"It doesn't matter to me / I don't care that Aquariums were left out of the event again."

Perhaps I am the only one who does care? This in and of itself most likely isn't a big deal, really but when putting it together with all of the other things...
Having several activities in an event was really cool (IMHO) because if 1 or 2 of them wasn't your thing, there was several others available.

3:
Ryxios
People still think when they joined the site makes any difference in their opinion? Sad.

Calelith
Shadey Kitty
I've been a member here for quite a few years.

And?

I mentioned my long time membership in order to show that I know what the Gaia Halloween events use to be like and nothing else was meant by it. It's rather like in rl when oldtimers say "back in my day..."

Helpful Gaian

They did tell us in advance that there would be no trick or treating in towns in order for them to work on towns 2.

I don't really know what you expect to happen in aquariums though? Other than the creepy phonograph, and while I do agree that should be functioning every year (it's a small thing really) it's not that big a deal.

But I think for the last couple of years we've only been able to get one set. It's not really a big deal, you can always use a mule to get another set (I sure am so I can use the spares for my mule account). But as a general rule, people don't need more than one set on one account really.

User Image

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Each account gets 1 set. I don't see a problem with that. You can always buy another set or put some time in with a mule to get a second set if you want.

They did tell us there won't be Trick-or-Treating in Towns. And I don't mind much that Aquariums didn't get any sort of update or have the Creepy Phonograph activated again. I don't really pay much attention to my Aquarium so it's no big deal for me.

Overall, I'm enjoying the event. I'm sorry you aren't enjoying yourself as much.
Bleeding Apocalypse
Each account gets 1 set. I don't see a problem with that. You can always buy another set or put some time in with a mule to get a second set if you want.
I for one enjoyed collecting several sets. Also venders collected extra sets to sell at a later date . I (and others) enjoyed the process to get them and it didn't involve spending gold or creating new accounts just to do so.

Quote:
They did tell us there won't be Trick-or-Treating in Towns.

At least last year you could get 1 set from the shops and 1 set from Towns. To make up for that, they at least could've made it so that we could get 2 sets from the shops.

Quote:
And I don't mind much that Aquariums didn't get any sort of update or have the Creepy Phonograph activated again. I don't really pay much attention to my Aquarium so it's no big deal for me.

Just because you don't mind that Aquariums are left out (once again) doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't care either.

Quote:
Overall, I'm enjoying the event. I'm sorry you aren't enjoying yourself as much.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the event and thank you for your note.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Shadey Kitty
I for one enjoyed collecting several sets. Also venders collected extra sets to sell at a later date . I (and others) enjoyed the process to get them and it didn't involve spending gold or creating new accounts just to do so.

I don't doubt it. Many people enjoy collecting multiple sets. I used to collect multiple sets, too, because it was easier for me to do it on one account then trade to my mules than switch to another account. But overall, it's not a big deal to me. I can always buy them in the Marketplace at relatively low prices if I want more than one set on my main account.

Quote:
At least last year you could get 1 set from the shops and 1 set from Towns. To make up for that, they at least could've made it so that we could get 2 sets from the shops.

Yeah, they could have. But they didn't. Just because they've done it one way in the past doesn't necessarily mean they have to continue to do so in the future. They decided to change it this year. One is all I need on this account. Then again, I'm not much of a vendor, so having multiples of an event set doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Just because you don't mind that Aquariums are left out (once again) doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't care either.

Whoa, easy now. Overall, I haven't seen a single thread really expressing irritation that the Aquariums have been left out in a Halloween update. I never said other people don't care. They certainly might. If they do, though, they sure aren't doing much to make themselves heard.

Quote:
I'm glad that you are enjoying the event and thank you for your note.

You're welcome. Have a good day.
Shadey Kitty
I've been a member here for quite a few years. Halloween on Gaia was always a big event. How disappointing to see it is no longer the case. No Halloween for zomg, no trick-or-treating in Towns, and as has been the case for the past 3 years - Aquariums have been left out (even though suggestions on how to include Aquariums were made at an ATA back in the Spring and seemed well received at least by 1 dev) and now I just discovered that this year, we can only get 1 set of Halloween items from the shops. sad

Only allowed 1 set of H2k12 shop items this year?

1:
Quote:
"They said there wasn't going to be Trick-or-Treating in Towns this year because they are working on Towns 2.0 / Just use a mule to collect another set."

- Some people enjoy the activity of collecting sets from TOT-ing and rather liked building their collection without having to spend gold or creating new accounts just to do so. At least last year, we could get a complete set from the shops and a complete set from Towns (if my memory is correct). It would've been nice if we could have at least been allowed to collect 2 sets of H2k12 from the shops this year.

2:
Quote:
"It doesn't matter to me / I don't care that Aquariums were left out of the event again."

Perhaps I am the only one who does care? This in and of itself most likely isn't a big deal, really but when putting it together with all of the other things...
Having several activities in an event was really cool (IMHO) because if 1 or 2 of them wasn't your thing, there was several others available.

I was really looking forward having a Halloween event on zOMG, shame to hear that there will be none...

Not enjoying the too-many-mouse clicks and no chatting style events in the forums.
Can't blame the players though~ you need a total score of 1000 to get the achievement (O.0)' Those who are questing are too busy making as much attacks/heals/posts as they can, no time to chill & chat.
At least Gaia will be pleased. With all the page loads on their site they will gain more profits from the ads. Still wondering what happened with our site/community feel ~.~
Good ideas are lost, or are ruined by profit goals of the site.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I was incredibly disappointed that there was no trick or treating in towns. That was always funner to me than staying in the shops. I liked going around to all the houses and collecting candy. Even if I got a sad face for not getting one. Even more disappointing was having to get ONE piece from EACH shop. I liked to just click on random shops while I was posting in the forums or doing other things, just so I can get my set or sometimes I just liked certain shops/costumes better so I'd go there more than the others. But nope, not this year. Having that as a requirement was disappointing and slightly aggravating. I don't see what the point in having that was, especially if we can only get one set anyway.

Didn't know there wasn't a zOMG event though. Wow. They've really cut back on the Halloween even this year, just to concentrate on the cruddy event they DID roll out. I am highly disappointed neutral
TheLostNobody
I was incredibly disappointed that there was no trick or treating in towns. That was always funner to me than staying in the shops. I liked going around to all the houses and collecting candy. Even if I got a sad face for not getting one. Even more disappointing was having to get ONE piece from EACH shop. I liked to just click on random shops while I was posting in the forums or doing other things, just so I can get my set or sometimes I just liked certain shops/costumes better so I'd go there more than the others. But nope, not this year. Having that as a requirement was disappointing and slightly aggravating. I don't see what the point in having that was, especially if we can only get one set anyway.

Didn't know there wasn't a zOMG event though. Wow. They've really cut back on the Halloween even this year, just to concentrate on the cruddy event they DID roll out. I am highly disappointed neutral

Yeah I always enjoyed tot-ing in Towns. I enjoyed the atmosphere Gaia created with the decorations and the music. You don't get that in the shops.

Yes, they have indeed cut way back on the event this year. sad

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Shadey Kitty

Yeah I always enjoyed tot-ing in Towns. I enjoyed the atmosphere Gaia created with the decorations and the music. You don't get that in the shops.

That music emo Plus you could go to friends houses and trick or treat there. And Jack. Where is Jack? emo
TheLostNobody
Shadey Kitty

That music emo Plus you could go to friends houses and trick or treat there. And Jack. Where is Jack? emo
Yeah, what's Halloween on Gaia without Jack?

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Shadey Kitty
TheLostNobody
Shadey Kitty

Yeah, what's Halloween on Gaia without Jack?

As I tried telling someone in another thread, Halloween on Gaia without Jack is like Halloween irl without pumpkins or jack o lanterns. Sure it's still a halloween theme and sure you can still go trick or treating but something crucial is missing

Frozen Fatcat

7,025 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100
I was really disappointed when I found out there wasn't any trick or treating in towns. That's the main reason I do this Halloween event. Forum wars don't interest me as much as doing something hands-on does.

Devoted Healer

I found this event to be okay, a bit repetitive at times but what gaia events haven't been like that?

It was pretty disappointing when we couldn't TOT in towns but it's understandable that they want to focus on working on Towns 2.

The biggest hit for me though was that there was going to be no Jack... both in Towns and zOMG. I love fighting Jack in zOMG and was sad to hear that he wouldn't be here this year. Hopefully he'll be back next year though heart

MISS YOU JACKIEEEEE~!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
aggravating. yes. the event this year has reached a low point.
I am sad about that it used to be fun.
no jack.
no zomg.
no towns.
no aquarium

lot of bugs.
lag.
aggravating pop up game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff