Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Stuff

+1 1 100.0% [ 51 ]
Total Votes:[ 51 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 >

Phantom

The figure of a woman is the most beautiful thing on the planet. Its my duty to draw them doing degrading things. It gives my life meaning.
nostalgic rebirth
hmm..
I just love drawing
it seems like..
every time I don't draw
especially in school..
my hand feels something like...
it wants to draw XD
i love drawing! it's fun biggrin
and my inspiration..
I want to be a great artist and start making my own mangas
then animate my drawings
same reason why i'm planning to take fine arts animation when I get to college :3

That's a good goal. Just be prepared for long hours in art school.
Piperita
A story line or an idea. I primarily like to come up with characters and draw them while creating the world around them. Sometimes I just sit down and draw because I need to in order to improve (or because I'm bored in a lecture, hah) but usually it's because I want to convey some small tale.

Where I get inspiration for stories or ideas... Well... That'd be emotion and other sources. I've been fascinated with spirituality and science for a while, so a lot of my stories attempt to somehow reconcile the two.

Sometimes, very rarely, I get inspired by a piece of music. It doesn't normally happen though - I tend to seek out music to match a piece of art, not the other way around.

So you write stories as well? I tend to just draw characters, but I rarely develop full stories for them.
jealh
Some really heavy emotions.
Positive or negative,it's the same. biggrin

I think emotions can be a good source for energy in general.
Rika_Hatsuya
nostalgic rebirth
hmm..
I just love drawing
it seems like..
every time I don't draw
especially in school..
my hand feels something like...
it wants to draw XD
i love drawing! it's fun biggrin
and my inspiration..
I want to be a great artist and start making my own mangas
then animate my drawings
same reason why i'm planning to take fine arts animation when I get to college :3

That's a good goal. Just be prepared for long hours in art school.

haha I will ^ ^
it seems like you know something..
mind telling me about it ?
it'll serve as a guide :3

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
Creating Art is a hobby, to me. It is also a pain reliever. For instance, I have a bad day at work, or school, when I draw it tends to cool me down and I become relaxed.
Rika_Hatsuya
jealh
Some really heavy emotions.
Positive or negative,it's the same. biggrin

I think emotions can be a good source for energy in general.

Yes,it is.
Add up a little good music or some good story from a game/anime or movie and I get motivated. biggrin

Fashionable Explorer

Rika_Hatsuya
Piperita
A story line or an idea. I primarily like to come up with characters and draw them while creating the world around them. Sometimes I just sit down and draw because I need to in order to improve (or because I'm bored in a lecture, hah) but usually it's because I want to convey some small tale.

Where I get inspiration for stories or ideas... Well... That'd be emotion and other sources. I've been fascinated with spirituality and science for a while, so a lot of my stories attempt to somehow reconcile the two.

Sometimes, very rarely, I get inspired by a piece of music. It doesn't normally happen though - I tend to seek out music to match a piece of art, not the other way around.

So you write stories as well? I tend to just draw characters, but I rarely develop full stories for them.

Yep. In the past little while I've realized I was a story-teller first, artist second. The art primarily supplements the stories I come up with... I've got some gargantuan over-reaching stories that if I were to seriously pen, likely take many volumes and years to complete, and then I have some nice short stories that wrap up within a couple of chapters.

But yeah... My doodles tend to have a lot of background to them. I can't just draw something for the sake of drawing.

Demonic Tenant

It is mostly entertaining and relaxation for me whenever I pick up a pencil or brush.
In some rare cases it revolves around someone I want to impress, gift art to, or simply because I am staying up late to chat with someone.

Whatever the odds, every piece of art deserves the finishing touch.
And every piece serves as practice and experience for the next.

Ruthless Vampire

Rika_Hatsuya
I am just curious...
What inspires or motivates you?

the people who would request me to make for them. on normal days, it's my mood and the music n.n

Sparkly Sophomore

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
when I see awesome drawings or anything inspiring in life like movies, music, nature, people, and other random stuff smile
Rika_Hatsuya
Gearfish
Motivation: I've got an addiction and start to get nervous and shaky if I don't draw for too long. Also I just...really enjoy making art.

Inspiration: Exploring, looking at other artists' work, weird dreams, having a deadline

I really wish I was a person who drew everyday. I'm a little jealous.
Deadlines?

It's not necessarily "inspiration", but yeah, when I have to get something done by a certain day/time, that work gets done.
I get inspired by people, stories, and my escapist personality. I'm never content with MY life. I want to imagine living vicariously in another person's. I know it's weird but I like putting stories to my images.

It's also a form of validation. "Look at me everyone. I AM GOOD AT SOMETHING." Regardless of whether it's true or not, it's nice to atleast have the delusion of having some talent.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Just about anything will inspire me- a great photo I see online, someone else's drawing, a poem or other literary work... The only issue for me is getting off my butt and actually doing art.

Interesting Lunatic

I don't really think about why I draw. It's like asking someone why they smoke. I guess it makes me happy, I guess I enjoy it, but at this point it's mostly just habit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff