Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
So me and Buddy of mine were speculating about the DC books that are getting cancelled. I mean we all know that
Hawk and Dove
Static
Mister Terrfic
Men of War
OMAC are getting cancelled

Which is pretty sad and bummy but what are you going to do...

DC stated that these characters won't go into Limbo but they will appear in Other books and still be apart of the DC universe.. I mean they said the samething about Azrael but hell..he's gone. Anyways back off that nonrant. I think I THINK that I could actually imagine afew characters working their way into other books. For Example

Dove is already in Justice League Dark

I can see Static being dropped in the Teen Titans

Mister Terrific find his way into the Justice society some how...

Men of war..idk

OMAC I can see being dropped in Frankstien's book.

Thereso ther cnacellations I cna imagine.. but you know.. Or things I wish would happen.. like

Grifter and Vodoo joining StormWatch

We already know Batwing is Joining The Justice League International

any books you would like to see combined..or characters moved from one book to another? Speculations about the cancellations?

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Just give me The Ravagers! emotion_kirakira

Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
Drago_the_Blackrose
So me and Buddy of mine were speculating about the DC books that are getting cancelled. I mean we all know that
Hawk and Dove
Static
Mister Terrfic
Men of War

DC stated that these characters won't go into Limbo but they will appear in Other books and still be apart of the DC universe.. I mean they said the samething about Azrael but hell..he's gone. Anyways back off that nonrant. I think I THINK that I could actually imagine afew characters working their way into other books. For Example

Men of war..idk

Thereso ther cnacellations I cna imagine.. but you know.. Or things I wish would happen.. like

any books you would like to see combined..or characters moved from one book to another? Speculations about the cancellations?

When did the Dove in justice league dark happen?
Also when/where did they say that Batwing was going Justice League international?
Will that replace Batman in justice league international?

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Batgirl-BarbaraGordon
Drago_the_Blackrose
Hawk and Dove
Static
Mister Terrfic
Men of War

Men of war..idk

When did the Dove in justice league dark happen?
Also when/where did they say that Batwing was going Justice League international?
Will that replace Batman in justice league international?

Idk about Dove or Batwing. But Batman isn't a core member of JLI, he's just there to help them along for a few issues. He isn't a permanent member.
Uh...bring Ted back? Does that count?

As for Dove, she was in the first issue arguing with Deadman. And then she showed up one more time (in #4 I think) when Constantine was in her house. The typical boring encounters that make up the entire comic and caused me to drop it. >.> But I suppose that's neither here nor there.

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Batgirl-BarbaraGordon

When I find the articale I read it.. I will make sure I post it. But for now all I could do is find the art for JLI 8 which is here http://wb.cdn.warnerbros.com/dcublog/files/2012/01/JLI_08_sadjfhkgsdf792361.jpg

I assumed that we would see more DOve in the Book since well She was in the first two issues and now that Hawk and Dove are getting cancelled..it would hope that her presence gets more in this book.

Dangerous Visionary

I'm more than sure that down the line Batwing gonna get canned or just stop. I was thinking Batgirl was going to get canned as well but it just may be my circle of nerds. As I know in my LCS that title isn't really loved at all. Everyone was either in love with Cas or "Blondie/Bubbles" as the local called Steph. Power to the Bat I guess. As that's the only reason I think those two titles are making it.

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Miss-dark8607
I'm more than sure that down the line Batwing gonna get canned or just stop. I was thinking Batgirl was going to get canned as well but it just may be my circle of nerds. As I know in my LCS that title isn't really loved at all. Everyone was either in love with Cas or "Blondie/Bubbles" as the local called Steph. Power to the Bat I guess. As that's the only reason I think those two titles are making it.
I would die if Batwing gets canned I love that book so much. sad

But I want them to bring back Cassandra so baaaad.

I mena but DC is getting rid of all their minoirty lead characters. So I wouldn't be surprised if Batwing is next to go... I mean because... Azrael, Steel, Mister Terrfic, and Static were all cancelled.

Dangerous Visionary

Drago_the_Blackrose
Miss-dark8607
I would die if Batwing gets canned I love that book so much. sad

But I want them to bring back Cassandra so baaaad.

I mena but DC is getting rid of all their minoirty lead characters. So I wouldn't be surprised if Batwing is next to go... I mean because... Azrael, Steel, Mister Terrfic, and Static were all cancelled.

I really wanted Static to do well. I did buy the first three issues. Mister T was just IDK it was like reading FF and all the reasons why I never got into them. Since I'm sorry but Richard always came off as a smug a*****e to me.

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I like Static.. I don't know whats wrong with it.. I mean it has a lot going on.. I think that if it were given a full year the story would have fleshed out but...I guess. I think the art is wonderful goood god.

Mister T..is meh. I mean I love it because each issue I feel like I need to read the next. Its not because the book iis good per say..but the cliff hangers are awesome
Drago_the_Blackrose

They were the titles that were selling poorly. It's a commercial decision rather than a deliberate policy of cancelling minority-led books (otherwise, why would they have started them in the first place?) So the next titles to be cancelled will probably be the ones performing poorly, rather than any other arbitrary connection to the already-cancelled books.

(Is there some website somewhere that puts up comic book sales?)

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I am just saying..you don't think that..it is strange or even eery that 3 of the five titles to get cancelled were.. Minority characters Come on...

Three?! But somehow Captan Atom, Ressurction Man are still hanging in there.. I call BS to DC. But whatever..

I don't know the website that produces the official figures. But I am not saying everything is racist or prejudice but somethings are..
Drago_the_Blackrose
I am just saying..you don't think that..it is strange or even eery that 3 of the five titles to get cancelled were.. Minority characters Come on...

I think it's rubbish. I don't think it's sinister. It's a business. The free market is not self-regulating on things like this.

Quote:
I don't know the website that produces the official figures. But I am not saying everything is racist or prejudice but somethings are..

Thing is, if they were genuinely racist, why start the books in the first place? I think it's just like Marvel cancelling its female-led books - an unfortunate consequence of perfectly reasonable commercial decisions.

There are clearly big problems in the field that need addressing - this is just what purely commercial decisions look like.
Drago_the_Blackrose

Three?! But somehow Captan Atom, Ressurction Man are still hanging in there.. I call BS to DC. But whatever..

Because they sold like s**t. Is that really so hard to comprehend?

Batwing only sells by virtue of being a bat-related title, and that won't last forever. Solo hero books with a minority lead do not sell.

This is Diamond's top 100 books for December.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=116818

Do you see Static Shock? Mr. Terrific? No. They sold like s**t. Resurrection Man is there, however.

The best-selling book to ever star a black man was one where he was burnt to a crisp and you couldn't casually tell what color he was. Blame it on whatever social factors you like, they don't sell as well.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Drago_the_Blackrose

I kinda wonder if the Mr. Terrific in the Earth-2 book is going to be a completely different character actually. In the back of some of the #5's they showed sketches for some up coming characters and there was a white guy with the world 'fair' printed along one of his sleeves. I can only assume that the word 'play' was printed on the other and that he'll be the Mr. Terrific of earth-2. I could be wrong of course....for all I know that's just a throw away design.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff