Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Poster

8,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Hello, Is it allowed to alter the size of the header and place it in other place other than the top of the page, eg setting it as a sidebar in the side of the page or in the center of the profile?
Because having the header in the top of the page seems.. spoiling my profile design completely. hehe...
Thanks for the reply.

Valiant Jackling

No.

As stated in the profile section of the account settings (above where you plug in the code)

Quote:
You may change graphics below the header only. This is important, failure to adhere to this will result in the disabling of your profile theme.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

If you're referring to the image with the house, I believe that's allowed to be removed.

However, if you're talking about the navigation bar (the black bar) that contains links to various parts of the site, you cannot alter it in that way.

Quote:
Unacceptable alteration of the navigation bar:

The navigation bar is in place at the top of the profile so that users who visit your profile know they are still on Gaia, and can navigate away from your page easily without having to try to figure out how. You may change the background color, and the color of the links for the navigation bar. However, you may not alter the Gaia logo, reposition the navigation bar, or remove the navigation bar all together. Altering the Gaia logo includes removing it all together, as well as making it semi-transparent to the point that it is hard to see or nearly invisible. You may alter the Gaia logo image to remove the black background, or change the black background to a different color, but the logo itself must remain as is.

As stated, you can change the colour to make it less distracting, but you can't take move it about.

Greedy Poster

8,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Okay... I think I got it... Thanks! ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers