Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I don't know if I would call these mood swings, but at times, I would feel depressed and sad, then get frustrated at myself. It comes and goes usually. Like now. I have no idea why, really? Is that just part of being a teenager?

6,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
AD-Aura
x-Shining Aegyo
I don't know if I would call these mood swings, but at times, I would feel depressed and sad, then get frustrated at myself. It comes and goes usually. Like now. I have no idea why, really? Is that just part of being a teenager?

Sounds like standard teenage stuff

I thought so. I'm only 13 so I don't know much about being a teenager yet.

6,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
AD-Aura
x-Shining Aegyo
AD-Aura
x-Shining Aegyo

Sounds like standard teenage stuff

I thought so. I'm only 13 so I don't know much about being a teenager yet.

=) puberty comes with changes in brain chemistry, which can lead to random changes in mood.

Expect it to continue up until you're around 19-25. That's usually when the brain begins to set in and stop changing.(for a while)

Thanks so much ^.^ I was starting to worry that it could lead me to commit suicide
You could have bipolar disorder. However, you really haven't given us much to work off of (in terms of your symptoms and current life situation). I would take a look at this article, and if you can relate to the symptoms and signs, then perhaps you should see a doctor and talk about it. There are also some mild forms of bipolar disorder (cyclothymia, for example: x)

If you can't relate to any symptoms or signs, most likely you are just acting normal.

Shirtless Gekko

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Yep just a part of being a hormonal teenager, and it'll probably still effect you when you're older too. It's especially around your time of month, cause your hormones go crazy; i can be happy and giggly one minute and a downright b***h the next.

At your age it's normal, no worries.

6,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
P a n d a P L 3 A S 3
Yep just a part of being a hormonal teenager, and it'll probably still effect you when you're older too. It's especially around your time of month, cause your hormones go crazy; i can be happy and giggly one minute and a downright b***h the next.

At your age it's normal, no worries.

thanks so much for the answer c:

Feisty Duck

It is perfectly normal at your age but if you start to get overly depressed, especially if you start to think about things involving self-harm or destructive behavior, you should seek help from a professional. If it gets to that point, sometimes medicine can help regulate your hormones and therapy can teach you how to manage different inexplicable emotions. Overall, don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff