Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Cursedlocke

Cursedlocke is the chronicle of a dude from our world who's landed himself in the Pokemon World after mistakenly signing up for a really nasty curse (which just so happens to coincide with the rules of a Nuzlocke!). Unless he defeats the Champion of Unova, the curse will haunt him to the grave.

Last year, I started a Nuzlocke comic in response to a bunch of bad Nuzlocke comics that had been going around at the time. Originally, I starred myself as the protagonist, and after page two, I quickly realized I hated where the story was going, and put the comic on indefinite hold. Well, now that I'm a year wiser and know what the hell I'm doing, here's the rebooted Cursedlocke!

First Draft:
Page 1
Page 2 (left unfinished)

1st Badge:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

2nd Badge
Page 1-new-

Wheezing Gawker

: : G e n e r a l U s a g i : :

says...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like it, the style is really fun. ^^

I like the idea of making a Nuzlocke comic, but... I'm too lazy to get through a Nuzlocke, and I'm too lazy to keep up with a comic. XD

Good luck! If you keep posting it on Gaia, I'll keep reading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image..........User Image..........User Image

Newbie Noob

11,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
I love your art style! @ w@ I'd definitely subscribe~
I swear it was nope.avi

/subscribes

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I love your style.

Bonus points for making the Nuzlocke concept actually make storyline sense. Story is a big thing for me. If/when I ever do my own, I'll be making plot adaptations like that as well.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Also, what program are you using to make this? I use OpenCanvas, but this looks cleaner than stuff I've done.

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Jackathyn
I love your style.

Bonus points for making the Nuzlocke concept actually make storyline sense. Story is a big thing for me. If/when I ever do my own, I'll be making plot adaptations like that as well.

YES, it is always a plus when the story makes sense. The thing that bothers me most about Nuzlocke comics is that only the protagonist's Pokemon die, and with no explanation.

And I'm using Paint Tool SAI's binary tool. When it comes to lineart, I haven't seen a program that can offer cleaner lines. And though I don't encourage it, if you do a bit of digging, you can find it for free online.

@ General Usagi: Oh, yes. The laziness is difficult to overcome. Glad to see you like the style!

@iLoner: With all this positive feedback, I'll definitely continue making these comics. I would feel so flattered for some readership.

@ why you troll: I'd have to animate a growing neck if it were to be a .avi!

Question to all: Do ya'll prefer short, but more frequent updates, or long updates that take a bit more time?

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Vro
Jackathyn
I love your style.

YES, it is always a plus when the story makes sense. The thing that bothers me most about Nuzlocke comics is that only the protagonist's Pokemon die, and with no explanation.

And I'm using Paint Tool SAI's binary tool. When it comes to lineart, I haven't seen a program that can offer cleaner lines. And though I don't encourage it, if you do a bit of digging, you can find it for free online.

@ General Usagi: Oh, yes. The laziness is difficult to overcome. Glad to see you like the style!

@iLoner: With all this positive feedback, I'll definitely continue making these comics. I would feel so flattered for some readership.

Question to all: Do ya'll prefer short, but more frequent updates, or long updates that take a bit more time?

Either works for me, as long as there ARE updates.
My favorite Nuzlocke comic at the moment seems to use a mix of both. It works well :3

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Jackathyn

My favorite Nuzlocke comic at the moment seems to use a mix of both. It works well :3

Just out of curiosity, which one's your current favorite? Don't know if you know PettyArtist, but her comics are pretty decent.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Vro
Jackathyn

Just out of curiosity, which one's your current favorite? Don't know if you know PettyArtist, but her comics are pretty decent.

http://mythsofunova.smackjeeves.com/comics/1196799/nuzlocke-cover/

This one.

It changed my searing hatred of gijinkas to an acceptance of the concept under well-represented circumstances. : D

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Jackathyn
Vro
Jackathyn

This one.

It changed my searing hatred of gijinkas to an acceptance of the concept under well-represented circumstances. : D

Oh! I've seen her stuff, but I didn't know where to find her. Thanks!

Also, gonna convert this into a more official-lookin' thread. Thanks for the kind words, all!

Newbie Pirate

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Love your style.
*sub*
Vro

That would've made it even better. 8D

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Vro
Jackathyn
Vro
Jackathyn

This one.

Oh! I've seen her stuff, but I didn't know where to find her. Thanks!

Also, gonna convert this into a more official-lookin' thread. Thanks for the kind words, all!

Her stuff's pretty good. There's more on her DA which is linked on her profile page there, too.

Dangerous Prophet

3,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't see how the Nuzlocke artists make their characters Mary Sues. And can you lead me to a Nuzlocke that the artist put themselves in? I think the Pokemon having a personality is actually funny. Unless it was that boring Duke Nukem Sentret. Then I'd just want it to die. And be incinerated. For being a Gary Stu Duke Nukem Sentret.

And I like the start and concept of this. Go on Vro. Make a good Nuzlocke. I want to see what you have in store.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff