Welcome to Gaia! ::

So for some time now, rather that bitching and moaning about how much I'd like to go on dates, or have a relationship with another male, I've tried to do something about it.

I already take care of myself on a daily basis (this is specifically for my sake, whether's there's an attractive guy in my sights or not), I try to subtly flirt, and summarily make my presence known.

Yet time after time, I'm passed over. I'm not saying it's because I'm just ******** sexy or any other form of egotistical bullshit. I'm saying it's because no matter what I do, I'm always seen as just a friend.

Is it because I have too much in common with my friends? This, I don't understand. I thought the entire premise of a relationship was getting to know someone that you have a lot in common with, and taking it further. Can't I joke with you, and date you?

Am I not coming on strong enough? I wish I were kidding, but the only time a male has shown any interest in me at all is if/when I'm wearing makeup, or slightly more form fitting clothing that usual. I'd rather not put out that kind of image simply to get the population of young straight males in my area to glance in my direction.

I get so frustrated by this s**t. It makes me wonder if I'm simply unattractive at times. Am I too nice? Do I care too much? Is it my skin tone? All I keep see and hearing is about how darker skinned girls aren't as aesthetically appealing as girls with fairer skin, including those of my own race.

I try to get to know them, listen to their problems, help them when they're upset, and I get s**t for it It's as if the guys here prefer someone who treats them like s**t, or is nothing but a body and a pretty face. neutral

I need advice, please.

Familiar Poster

Oh you see that part where you said you listen to their problems? yeah do that after you have asked them out not beforehand.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
I think maybe you shoud flirt a bit more? And stop being so 'friendhly'. Yo uare putting yourself into the friend zone by being that helpful, I am always there for you if you need a shoulder to try on person.

Do you ever ask anyone out? You cant just wait for someone to ask you, they have the same problems and worries when asking out people as you do.
Keep being yourself, someone will take notice.
angel_259236102
I think maybe you shoud flirt a bit more? And stop being so 'friendhly'. Yo uare putting yourself into the friend zone by being that helpful, I am always there for you if you need a shoulder to try on person.

Do you ever ask anyone out? You cant just wait for someone to ask you, they have the same problems and worries when asking out people as you do.

Going to have to step a little farther outside my boundaries, I guess.

I usually get shot down. With the whole "You're really nice, and a really good friend...but that's all".

@Zaptar: They usually come to me with their woes, not vice versa. I just try to be a decent person and listen, I think every person needs someone to vent to every once in a while.

@Nick: Hopefully.
      We can be more than just friends.
      (/ wriggles brows )
It's okay to just be friends. Don't worry about having romantic relationships, they cause a lot of problems.

IRL Vampire

Oh dear. It appears we seem to be in somewhat of the situation - like a guy who is a buddy but am unable/unsure wither they would like me more then friends. All I can say is what overs have said, be a little more flirty then friendly. I don't know how to explain it but yeah. Sorry I wasn't much help. Would have typed more if I wasn't typing on my dying ipod.
Poisoned Tribbles
It's okay to just be friends. Don't worry about having romantic relationships, they cause a lot of problems.

Awww... but they have its charm!
Alinka Neko
Poisoned Tribbles

Awww... but they have its charm!

I don't have relationships, so I wouldn't know.

KittyLatigo's Husband

4,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Be yourself, you don't have to flirt more, sometimes you have to show off, as in showing off skills like either sports gaming, etc.
I have this problem. I'll lurk here for a while.
Or maybe it is working but you're just not aware of it?
I had that problem xD Apparently I was being overly friendly with people in general, some mistook my kindliness for something else and next thing you know-- I'm ignored because I didn't read or understood what they really meant by "hey wanna grab a coffee?"
(Apparently it's key word for hey lets go out on a date? =/ )

It was later on, in random conversation, that you hear stuff like "well, didn't you know, you had quite a list of admires at this and that place"
Completely. Clueless.

So watch out for that~ ? =D

Assimilated Gekko

I wouldn't shoot down being friendly with straight guys entirely - my boyfriend and I were good friends for about a year an a half before he asked me out. It took some nudging, but that was 4 years ago.

I'd still call him my best friend as well as my boyfriend, simply because we can have awesome dates even without the exchange of body fluids.

Not to say that this is the case for everyone, just that not everyone wants to date complete strangers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff