Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05
"Gun Control- The theory that a women found dead in an alley, raped and strangled, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."

Woman is going to raped even even if she had gun

you don't know your going to get raped until its a bit too late

still Gun Control works in the UK most of the time anyway

No it doesn't i have heard stories of the person defending their house getting in trouble and the armed buglers not getting anything done to them. Like has been said above sometimes you can tell when they are going to rape you so you can take appropriate measures to stop it.
darkdragun05
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05
"Gun Control- The theory that a women found dead in an alley, raped and strangled, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."

No it doesn't i have heard stories of the person defending their house getting in trouble and the armed buglers not getting anything done to them. Like has been said above sometimes you can tell when they are going to rape you so you can take appropriate measures to stop it.

No material possession in your house is worth ending someone else life over.

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05

My families life is. I will not let my family get murdered

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05

That is a matter of opinion, actually. And circumstance. I have possessions in my home that hold sentimental value to me. Some were gifts given to me by my dearly departed grand-parents. I can not replace such items. Therefore, you're goddamn right I'll protect them from whoever wishes to take them from me. At all cost.

And for some of us, it's not the value of the possession, but the principle that it is ours, and we worked for it. Why should you get to take from me, what I worked so hard for? Yeah, I could always get a new PS3, but I worked hard, and saved money, to afford it. If you can't, then that's your ******** problem, and I will not let you take from me, what I earned. Even if it means I must kill you.

Then, of course, there's the whole "breaching the sanctity of my home", and "violating my personal safety". If you're in my house without my permission, I don't care why you're there, I do not believe you're here for any good reason, and I do not feel safe. I see you as a threat to my well-being and my family. What business would you have entering my house without permission? As such, I have every right to neutralize you as a threat, and restore my sense of security. Even if it requires lethal force. By whatever means, you will leave my house, and you will take nothing with you.
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05

That's not a material possession. If a burglar is stealing your s**t and you kill him over it, then you are in trouble and rightfully deserve to be.
black_wing_angel
That is a matter of opinion, actually. And circumstance. I have possessions in my home that hold sentimental value to me. Some were gifts given to me by my dearly departed grand-parents. I can not replace such items. Therefore, you're goddamn right I'll protect them from whoever wishes to take them from me. At all cost.

And somehow that is worth taking another life? If that happens to someone for your materialistic desires, then you should deserve to rot for life behind bars.

Shirtless Raider

Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05

What sane person rapes a woman holding a gun pointed on them when she has the intent to shoot? Or are you implying a woman will rape someone whether or not she has a gun? Your grammar was so horrid I had difficulty translating it. I feel like neither translation is likely or makes much sense.

Quote:

Really? You don't have any inkling of what's going on when a man pushes you down, perhaps says some derogatory things about your character implying promiscuity, and starts to unzip his fly? You only realize it's rape when he's already ripped off what clothing he must and is in the middle of penetrating you? It only takes a few seconds to reach in to a purse and pull out any weapon be it knife, gun, mace, or taser - probably less time than it takes to unzip a fly and force someone to undress and stay still enough for you to rape them.

Shirtless Raider

God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05

That's not a material possession. If a burglar is stealing your s**t and you kill him over it, then you are in trouble and rightfully deserve to be.

How do you know if the intruder's intent is to take your s**t, kill you, or rape you? How can you tell the difference when you catch someone who has entered your house with out your permission especially if they are also carrying a weapon?
Neko Namida Ame
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

How do you know if the intruder's intent is to take your s**t, kill you, or rape you? How can you tell the difference when you catch someone who has entered your house with out your permission especially if they are also carrying a weapon?

you don't know. that's why you politely ask the intruder what business he or she has in your home.

then the intruder knocks you out, rapes your dog, steals the hubcaps from your car, and kidnaps your fiance.
Neko Namida Ame
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

You can usually tell their intent by their actions. If they want to harm you, then they most likely won't be carrying your TV

Shirtless Raider

God Emperor Akhenaton
Neko Namida Ame
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

You can usually tell their intent by their actions. If they want to harm you, then they most likely won't be carrying your TV

But we're not talking about catching them in the act. We're talking about catching them right after the breaking of entry. Obviously you shouldn't shoot someone taking your tv just for that but realistically, how often do you catch someone in that stage of the robbery? What if you catch them right before they have the chance to pick up your tv and their motives aren't clear? If they see you it's not like they'll just pick up the tv then and make a get away because any tv worth s**t is heavy and/or an awkward shape in which to hold on to and run with.

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05

Like others have said you don't know what their intent is. It is called common sense on how you use your gun. You don't just start shooting you first threaten them with it. Most people when threatened with a gun will go away and leave you alone. I don't need no unconstitutional law telling me how i can and cannot defend myself and my family.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Neko Namida Ame
Comrade Texada Wolf
darkdragun05

What sane person rapes a woman holding a gun pointed on them when she has the intent to shoot? Or are you implying a woman will rape someone whether or not she has a gun? Your grammar was so horrid I had difficulty translating it. I feel like neither translation is likely or makes much sense.

Quote:

Really? You don't have any inkling of what's going on when a man pushes you down, perhaps says some derogatory things about your character implying promiscuity, and starts to unzip his fly? You only realize it's rape when he's already ripped off what clothing he must and is in the middle of penetrating you? It only takes a few seconds to reach in to a purse and pull out any weapon be it knife, gun, mace, or taser - probably less time than it takes to unzip a fly and force someone to undress and stay still enough for you to rape them.

Well I don't know about the Gun Laws in the US

but one is sure you can't carry around a gun in your hand ready, and point at people at random because one of them wolf called you.

thus Gun is useless, unless as said many said the rapist makes it apparent that he is going to rape you, (what really seems to be a shitty way to go about raping, not that I know how to do so or anything).

and dear if you have been pushed down to the ground you get rape

because if they see you attempt to pull out a Gun knife whatever.

your going to make it far far worst.

being raped is much better than being rape and beaten half to death (or over)

Hallowed Smoker

God Emperor Akhenaton
Neko Namida Ame
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

You've never heard of a "burglary gone wrong"?

They come for the TV, leave with your life.
Quote:

That's a very stereotypical and not necessarily reality based scenario. The fact of the matter is most people are sexually assaulted by someone they know, so unless a person has a gun on them at all times and is suspecting everyone, there will be lots of cases where they won't have access to any kind of weapon.

On the flip side while I support gun control measures like background checks and licenses (that should establish competency), banning guns is idiotic and serves no purpose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff