Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok so I preformed my third play in Drama class with the group
the teacher said i did good but she said that i need to be louder
I'm very nervous when I perform so what can i do to be a lot louder?
and I'm also having problems moving my body when performing
how can i practice body movements in plays?
nice picture thing ^^
omg i luv it ^^ heart heart whee whee did u draw it?? so cute ^^ whee whee whee whee whee whee whee whee heart heart
For being louder, breathe. Take deep, sloooow breaths before you go on stage to relax and continue to breathe deeply while performing.

What, exaclty, is wrong with your body?
The Balladeer
For being louder, breathe. Take deep, sloooow breaths before you go on stage to relax and continue to breathe deeply while performing.

im too scared to move my body when acting
i just stand there lol
watashi-solo
omg i luv it ^^ heart heart whee whee did u draw it?? so cute ^^ whee whee whee whee whee whee whee whee heart heart

yes i drew it lol
thanks
Angel Of Darkness1123
The Balladeer

im too scared to move my body when acting
i just stand there lol

You're probably too tense. You need to relax and become comfortable with and aware of your body. Try doing some stretches and warm-up exercises before you perform. There are lots of things you can do, I've heard yoga helps.

4,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
drama class is so fun! biggrin
When you are on stage...

Project your voice with your diaphragm.

You'll be loud enough for the audience to hear you clearly, and you won't necessarily be screaming.

You can be anyone that you want to be...

Dapper Explorer

3,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
-Breathe from deep in your chest.
-Talk from your chest, not your throat.
- Warm up vocally and physically beforehand.
-Take a deep breath, relax, and be completely open before you go on stage.

I hope that helps biggrin
If you are allowed to do an introduction, I find that it helps to give a good strong intro to feel at place with everybody in the room.

make sure you are hydrated and not hungry.

Try to focus on the actors you are performing with, you are in whatever world you are in, in the script.

or take a shot of rum
One thing I found that really helped me with projection is talking to the wall. Get a partner to stand at the other end of the room and then you face the wall, recite a monologue or something and have them call out when they have trouble hearing you.

With regards to movement the only thing I can suggest is the have it all blocked out well beforehand make sure you know what you're suposed to be doing. Practice even the smallest of movements. Oh and know your lines, backwards, forwards and on your head. Movement is much easier when you're not worried about the next line you have coming up.
For projection, practice using your diaphragm as opposed to your throat to get the sound out. And practicing talking to the far wall works for me.
As for freedom of movement, make sure you're relaxed with stretches and slow breaths. This may sound weird, but try walking around with your arms out before you head out. I find that this kind of gets my arms used to being away from my body so I don't feel awkward when I'm doing something. And most importantly make sure that you totally focus on whoever you're acting with. If you're connected with them, then you're not thinking "man I'm awkward" or anything like that. And as Mikokai said, make sure your lines are ridiculously memorized.

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I can't help you with the loudness, I'm naturally a loud person, it just comes out.
Take a deep breath and don't try to hide your voice.

Movement?
Think about what you're gonna be doing while you block out you're performance. Just small things to bring the character alive, hair flips, shoulder movements, hand gestures, etc.
Look into meditation, it works wonders.
Voice lessons (and yes, I mean singing) helps as well. You use the same muscles when projecting your voice on stage as you do when you're singing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff