Welcome to Gaia! ::

ANYTHING BASHING RELIGION WILL BE CONSIDERED TROLLING.
Anyways, I used to be atheist, but I've been happier as a Christian (I didn't have any opinion on the Bible, I became Christian when I was 12.). I don't want any of your thoughts on that. I was just wondering, The bible is so popular, it's the number one New York times seller of all time, who do you think "invented" it? Or perhaps, how did it come to be? (From an Athiest's POV. I already know where Christians think / "know" the Bible comes from.)

So, from an Atheist's POV, how did the Bible / stories from the Bible come to be?
um it ca,me from stretched leather with quills? hahahhahahahahah

lolzorz
some dude wanted to control vast amounts of ppl by making a religion so he made up a book to support his so called "god" i'm not too sure though.

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
i know i wrote it hahaha
>_>
This topic isn't being taken seriously. I prolly came on LD at the wrong time.
Pretty much just a collection of stories that got passed on through the years. People like to make up stories and legends and such, or exagerate actual events to make a good story. So it could be acurate, or just a bunch of stories. But honestly, I don't really care that much about religion in general. Keep in mind, I do respect everyone's personal religion choices, and I don't mean to offend anyone.
The same place every other book came from, the mind of man.
I view it as nothing more than a storybook. And so, it was written as any other storybook was ever written. By some (in this case) man with a large imagination. I don't mean to be offensive, it's just my belief. I'm going to end there because if this didn't offend, the next things I would say most certainly would.
The same place "Little Red Riding Hood" came from.

I find it funny that you were and atheist until the age of 12. Sorry. rolleyes
I wonder what you could consider being unhappy and happy at the age of 12
to say being a Christian now makes you happier than when you were 11, etc.
The bible actually records several points of history, so it is technically determined by governments as a historical document, not a "storybook"

And its simple, the bible is what happens when god trolls and somone says "OMG SIGGED"
[Tiff]
The same place "Little Red Riding Hood" came from.

I find it funny that you were and atheist until the age of 12. Sorry. rolleyes
I wonder what you could consider being unhappy and happy at the age of 12
to say being a Christian now makes you happier than when you were 11, etc.

I was raised with no religion. I started to lean more about Christianity, and it was very revolutionary for me.

The people who are taking this topic seriously ([Tiff], don't worry, you're taking it seriously, too xd ) How do you think it came to be a religion? I am in no ways trying to convert you or something, I'm just wondering,
Well I guess someone wrote the book, and people believe it? Or told the stories and stuff. And maybe that's how.

Or, like folk tales and myths that people tell families and everything. Maybe that's how too. o3o

But it's 5am and I'm keeping up three conversations. I can't think too well. xd
Maybe you should try wikipedia or another place on the internet regarding what others consider the bible to be and what others think of where it was initially written/inscribed, and as a matter of fact the bible we have now is vastly different in the grammar and word choice, because it has been translated over and over through the years, haha its funny i think. You can say its the word of god but what initially was written in the bible is way different then what we read today, its not like it was made in 1834 and was copyrighted in 1923, haha look it up, maybe gaia isnt the best place for this one :/
First off, I was raised Catholic and I think the bible I was read to during the homily was just a giant story book full of morals, nothing more.

I think if you take it more than what it's trying to tell you, you're a religious freak; and i'd stay clear away from you. Nothing in it really happened.

To be quite honest, I'm an atheist with a moral heart-- I know the difference between right and wrong.

Oh, and a**l sex is NOT wrong. -shakes fist at church-
The bible was organized by the catholic church. It's composed or ancient documents, though not all of the documents are in the bible. The catholic church decided what was important and what wasn't. All the documents that aren't in the bible can still be found at the Vatican, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff