Welcome to Gaia! ::

BGBW
Bag of Monster
Shaun The Bunny
That's it... I making a Warriors prody involving the console wars...

Bob Ross approves of this parody.
Are you getting a Revolution just for the Bob Ross game?

Even IF the Revolution is a failure, I'm getting it. I just feel that if the Revolution fails, Nintendo is going down the toilet and I'll own a piece of history.

Just like Dreamcast, it's dead but everyone still loves it
Father Knows Best
BGBW
Bag of Monster
Shaun The Bunny

Even IF the Revolution is a failure, I'm getting it. I just feel that if the Revolution fails, Nintendo is going down the toilet and I'll own a piece of history.

It made me wish I had a DC... dispite how i orgianlly felt about DC
Junior~Mints
Father Knows Best
BGBW
Bag of Monster
Shaun The Bunny

Fear not, citizens! The Rev will not fail. It's likely not to surpass the 360 and the PS3 (in America. It most likley will easily surpass the 360 in Japan) but it most definetly won't be a flop, and is sure to gain at more of an audience than the GC did.
Bag of Monster
Junior~Mints
Father Knows Best
BGBW
Bag of Monster
Shaun The Bunny

Fear not, citizens! The Rev will not fail. It's likely not to surpass the 360 and the PS3 (in America. It most likley will easily surpass the 360 in Japan) but it most definetly won't be a flop, and is sure to gain at more of an audience than the GC did.

Remember how you can copy saves from memory card to memory card from your Dreamcast? Well suppose if the downloads were a pay system but people did that copy swap things of games? That'd give Nintendo a chunk loss
Father Knows Best
Remember how you can copy saves from memory card to memory card from your Dreamcast? Well suppose if the downloads were a pay system but people did that copy swap things of games? That'd give Nintendo a chunk loss

There will be security measures in place to prevent that, I'm sure. But there will most definitely be people who mod the system and do that. Thing is, alot of the games on Nintendo's download service have been available for years on the internet, and it won't exactly be something new that pirates and hax0rz will jump on. It will happen, but there'll be stuff that'll keep it from happening easily and it won't lose Nintendo that much money.

People modded XBoxes and copied the games straight from their disks straight to the hard drive and played them from there, and it wasn't a major problem for them.

The DC had the problem of not having any pirating protection whatsoever. You could copy and burn the games in regular CD drives and play them, unmodified, on the DC. That was a major loss for them, because people didn't need to modify anything and it could be done on a massive scale. Like downloading music. It became a problem for the industry because it was so easy to do and there was a visible drop in sales.

Everyone's learned their lesson from the DC's mistake, however, and pirating protection is sure to make it difficult to get the games from the Rev's hard drive.
Bag of Monster
Father Knows Best

There will be security measures in place to prevent that, I'm sure. But there will most definitely be people who mod the system and do that. Thing is, alot of the games on Nintendo's download service have been available for years on the internet, and it won't exactly be something new that pirates and hax0rz will jump on. It will happen, but there'll be stuff that'll keep it from happening easily and it won't lose Nintendo that much money.

People modded XBoxes and copied the games straight from their disks straight to the hard drive and played them from there, and it wasn't a major problem for them.

The DC had the problem of not having any pirating protection whatsoever. You could copy and burn the games in regular CD drives and play them, unmodified, on the DC. That was a major loss for them, because people didn't need to modify anything and it could be done on a massive scale. Like downloading music. It became a problem for the industry because it was so easy to do and there was a visible drop in sales.

Everyone's learned their lesson from the DC's mistake, however, and pirating protection is sure to make it difficult to get the games from the Rev's hard drive.

THere isnt enough room to save alot of games anyway
Junior~Mints

512 Megabyte supposedly. I fit a mass of NES and SNES games on a CD, and that's 700. The 64 games might be an issue, but it's likely that they'll allow for external hard drives or hard drive upgrades.
The 360 is my chioce and I have high hopes for the Revolution. As for the PS3 the only reason I want it is to Get Devil May Cry 4
Junior~Mints
Bag of Monster
Father Knows Best

well aparently you the revo will be able to use external HDD 3nodding
Komamura Sajin

Yes, reportedly any type and size of external HD you want, unlike the competition.
I think the revolution will be great because of the games you will be able to get for it.
Hawk
Komamura Sajin

Yes, reportedly any type and size of external HD you want, unlike the competition.
Any external HDD? as in opening the floodgates to pirating, external hdd?
Sounds better already!
pirate
Lil Eugene
Hawk
Komamura Sajin

Any external HDD? as in opening the floodgates to pirating, external hdd?
Sounds better already!
pirate
Knowing Nintendo, they'll make it so that the harddrive is formatted when you plug it into the Rev, to prevent to much pirating.
Bag of Monster
Junior~Mints

512 Megabyte supposedly. I fit a mass of NES and SNES games on a CD, and that's 700. The 64 games might be an issue, but it's likely that they'll allow for external hard drives or hard drive upgrades.

That, and the fact that most NES,Genesis,PCFX, and SNES games don't take up much space.

The biggest N64 games of them all, Sin and Punishment, the Evangelion game,OoT and Majora's Mask were only about 32MB, and the only ones out of that list available are OoT and MM.

Also, int he same interview that Iwata mentions storage freedom, hge also mentions things like offering time limits on some games, or some kind of failsafe to prevent piracy, like with the IQue.

Quote:
"We can set some limitations as to the time period a piece of downloaded content can be played," said Iwata. "Or, we may opt to let users play as long as they want. This gives us a flexible business model."

In other words: "If some ******** tries t' jack our s**t, we'll pull the plug on their a** an' have AOL and Reggie on 'em in 5 seconds.
I gurantee it, ********."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces