Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seriously, I think I need a good one. Recently, I've been having a hard time wanting to drop the weight... I don't feel motivated at doing it.... and When I face the dreaded thing called 'cake'... I can't help but start stabbing it with a knife and a fork.

so any good motivator my good friends?

Original Fairy

I think your own personal health is a good movitator. And you'll see once you get into the habit of working out everyday and begin seeing the results it will push you to do better, and see what your body limits are. 3nodding

That's what movitates me the most; my own personal health.
I don't know much about motivation, but I think I can help you with avoiding cake. 3nodding

Anytime you're tempted, try to look away and then run. If you find this impossible, and find yourself reaching for it, read the nutrition facts. I used to love sweets, but I have successfully scared myself away from them.

I read an article written by a world renowned nutritionist (Jonny Bowden) who said that you don't need motivation and... I forgot. sweatdrop Here's the link: http://jonnybowdenblog.com/the-tyranny-of-motivation/
Recently, I've started working on my weight, too. sweatdrop And my biggest motivation is the thought of looking good in a cosplay outfit. whee

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
Aestra-chan
Seriously, I think I need a good one.

a great motivation would be - when you finally realized how abusive egg and dairy industries has been doing to the baby animals. You would hate even seeing the word "cake" lol

Like look at these 2 for a start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4qQNi3WZdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ--faib7to

motivate you enough?

Cluttered Cutie-Pie

18,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Friendly 100
Hachiorsan
Aestra-chan
Seriously, I think I need a good one.

a great motivation would be - when you finally realized how abusive egg and dairy industries has been doing to the baby animals. You would hate even seeing the word "cake" lol

Like look at these 2 for a start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4qQNi3WZdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ--faib7to

motivate you enough?

My dad worked at a jewish slaughter house. He said the horrors you see in there make you never want to even think about meat

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
Rabbit Clover
My dad worked at a jewish slaughter house. He said the horrors you see in there make you never want to even think about meat

If I could tip you 30 times, I would, Thank you for speaking up, Rabbit Clover! heart emotion_hug

There is a video on youtube called Halal Mercy Slaughtering Method Part A, Part B1 and Part 2. I think it's bull crap how people can be brainwashed by religious and calling mass killing innocent beings as mercy. Covering animals eyes and ears, forcing themselves to lay down on floor and backrub them while singing & praying, before killing them with a very sharp knife. That is mercy? really? wtf lol. If you won't do that to any human being calling that mercy killing (in old days, act like that is called "sacrifice", so outdated), why would you do that to innocent animals that caused us no harm and don't want to die?

They surely didn't say I want to die, then being sold to people in pieces, cooked and eaten by the slaughter.

Cluttered Cutie-Pie

18,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Friendly 100
Hachiorsan
Rabbit Clover

If I could tip you 30 times, I would, Thank you for speaking up, Rabbit Clover! heart emotion_hug

There is a video on youtube called Halal Mercy Slaughtering Method Part A, Part B1 and Part 2. I think it's bull crap how people can be brainwashed by religious and calling mass killing innocent beings as mercy. Covering animals eyes and ears, forcing themselves to lay down on floor and backrub them while singing & praying, before killing them with a very sharp knife. That is mercy? really? wtf lol. If you won't do that to any human being calling that mercy killing (in old days, act like that is called "sacrifice", so outdated), why would you do that to innocent animals that caused us no harm and don't want to die?

They surely didn't say I want to die, then being sold to people in pieces, cooked and eaten by the slaughter.

Right, I think it's disgusting how they treat animals. Did you know that the production of meat for America alone is enough to feed the entire world. I can't have a clear conscious when I eat, knowing that the animal that gave me it was killed without knowing a blissful life, and something like "just covering their ears and eyes" isn't going to give them any more of a peaceful death. Killing in the name of God doesn't make it any better either! God, in my opinion, is the leading cause of death in this world. Everyone who wants to kill, but want it to sound righteous and merciful use the excuse of "It was for God".
I doubt that those videos and information about how meat is currently slaughtered and the like is going to help any. Though, I would be a bit happier if the way they were raised was different.

OT: I don't like the idea of motivation, generally speaking. If you're looking for motivation, you're just procrastinating, and that means you're going to keep screwing up the entire way there. "I'll do it when I can find the motivation too."

If you want something, go do it.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
What doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others, Aydenfyre. Same goes with what we "think" and have "doubt" something would help anybody, doesn't mean that something will not be helpful to anyone.

If it's not those type of videos, I won't even think, slaughterhouses' footage are not even on television, unlike those "Oh try this McDonald's new burger, with new prices on other menus too" ads on television every single days. Every hour, every 20 minutes bombarding us through paying tv channels for high media coverage. People who have been buying those new burgers and those "discounted" menus are paying those ads they see on television too.

Motivation works for some, but it's alright to dislike the idea of motivation as well.

Ghostly Loiterer

Working out while watching The Biggest Loser is surprisingly helpful. I am obviously not working hard enough unless I'm falling off a treadmill or throwing up. There's also a lot of positive motivation from the trainers that keeps you going.
Surround yourself with motivational imagery and posters! And throw away all of your junk food. Stock up on fruit and veggies to snack on.

A few good examples:

Inspiration

Inspiration

inspiration
For me, it's going to be cosplay.

I want to cosplay as Asuna from SAO with my Fiance as Kirito.

However, I refuse to cosplay her until I am at least down to 120ish (Healthy weight for my height. As I am now, I feel I would not do well cosplaying her. xD
Motivation:
I tend to have a hard time getting motivated too. Along with looking at tumblr blogs for Fitspo, I made a small list of reasons to not get skinny, but to get fit. (being over 50 pounds heavier than I should be I want to look good and be in the best shape of my life, my main goal is MMA fighter abs lol) and I put them on my wall. One Of the things at the top of that list is "If I ever needed to run for my life, could I?"

I also use a reward system. I make a list of daily goals (for a whole month at a time) and If I meet all of them I get myself a little something. (If I want something small like a ball of yarn I cash in my "reward points" for one week, you can do It however you like.) If you want you can start a fashion fund. each time you meet a week's worth of goals you can put "x" amount of dollars into a piggy bank for your weight loss goal.

Because who isn't going to need new clothes and etc. right?

For Keeping the Cake at Bay and ETC. :
There are some Tips I would like to give you.

-When I want to eat something I ask myself, Am I hungry? Most of the time I'm just bored or thirsty. If you're not sure drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes.

-Diets don't work, they are short term. If you want to lose weight and get fit you have to change your lifestyle or else you'll be stuck as you are.

-Give yourself a free day. Let's say you have 1700 calories to use a day. If you meet your goal with out going over you can give your self 200-300 calories to spend one day a week.

Depriving yourself will make you eat worse. When people deprive themselves they binge. Just because you want to lose weight doesn't mean you have to give up everything you love to eat. Like cake. That being said don't eat cake everyday or something crazy like that. Have one day a week to have a little something special. That way you can still have your cake and you won't go crazy with wanting it. (You could spend that 200-300 extra calories on something yummy, like a small slice of cake, one piece of pizza from your favorite pizza place, etc.)

-If you want you can keep a list of daily mini goals. (ex: Drink 8 glass' of water a day, don't go over calories, exercise for 30 minutes, etc.) Make a little chart and check them off everyday. You can use this as a reward system if you want. like "Ok, I made all my goals this week, I think I'll have a small slice of cake on my free day." or maybe "Those earrings are cute if I make all my goals this week I'll get them."

-If you still want to eat no matter what, tell yourself to wait til tomorrow, Chances are if you wait til tomorrow you won't want it anymore (or at least not as bad.) and your craving will be gone.

Sorry that this is so long. razz
Crimson KyoKyo
Motivation:
I tend to have a hard time getting motivated too. Along with looking at tumblr blogs for Fitspo, I made a small list of reasons to not get skinny, but to get fit. (being over 50 pounds heavier than I should be I want to look good and be in the best shape of my life, my main goal is MMA fighter abs lol) and I put them on my wall. One Of the things at the top of that list is "If I ever needed to run for my life, could I?"

I also use a reward system. I make a list of daily goals (for a whole month at a time) and If I meet all of them I get myself a little something. (If I want something small like a ball of yarn I cash in my "reward points" for one week, you can do It however you like.) If you want you can start a fashion fund. each time you meet a week's worth of goals you can put "x" amount of dollars into a piggy bank for your weight loss goal.

Because who isn't going to need new clothes and etc. right?

For Keeping the Cake at Bay and ETC. :
There are some Tips I would like to give you.

-When I want to eat something I ask myself, Am I hungry? Most of the time I'm just bored or thirsty. If you're not sure drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes.

-Diets don't work, they are short term. If you want to lose weight and get fit you have to change your lifestyle or else you'll be stuck as you are.

-Give yourself a free day. Let's say you have 1700 calories to use a day. If you meet your goal with out going over you can give your self 200-300 calories to spend one day a week.

Depriving yourself will make you eat worse. When people deprive themselves they binge. Just because you want to lose weight doesn't mean you have to give up everything you love to eat. Like cake. That being said don't eat cake everyday or something crazy like that. Have one day a week to have a little something special. That way you can still have your cake and you won't go crazy with wanting it. (You could spend that 200-300 extra calories on something yummy, like a small slice of cake, one piece of pizza from your favorite pizza place, etc.)

-If you want you can keep a list of daily mini goals. (ex: Drink 8 glass' of water a day, don't go over calories, exercise for 30 minutes, etc.) Make a little chart and check them off everyday. You can use this as a reward system if you want. like "Ok, I made all my goals this week, I think I'll have a small slice of cake on my free day." or maybe "Those earrings are cute if I make all my goals this week I'll get them."

-If you still want to eat no matter what, tell yourself to wait til tomorrow, Chances are if you wait til tomorrow you won't want it anymore (or at least not as bad.) and your craving will be gone.

Sorry that this is so long. razz

I have a problem with finding some motivation to go work out to lose some weight, and all I want to say is, this is very helpful and I plan on making little mini goals and such, and hopfully if I get into the habit of that I plan on maybe adding a reward system as well c:
so thank you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces