Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xx_HellBoy_xX
I SO MISED HOKEY LET THEM COME BAK PLZ crying crying crying crying crying crying OR
IM >--(*_*)--> crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

If hockey doesn't come back your going to shoot an arrow through your head? That's fine with me.

Listen to AKILLA before you shoot an arrow through your head though and go to the Chatterbox.
he was just trying to make gold with no regard to the sport at all how sad -.-

From what i just finished hearing on TSN, the cap is settled at around 34 -38 million, but revenue sharing will be in effect so it may go up depending on how much revenue is made for the league, if NHL had an extreme amount of revenue after the first season the cap price could move up to 48 or 49 million, cost certainty along with giving players a fair share of the pie, they should have thought of this a long time ago before it was too late mad

and on a previous post, Crosby in Atlanta? by the looks of it, since the draft order is not arranged they will probably do a lottery for the past 3 seasons, each time you missed the playoffs gives you a ball, if a team missed the playoffs for all 3 of the last seasons played they will have 3 shots at getting the first pick, if you made the playoffs every year or missed it once u get 1 ball, the better teams will have a much less chance of getting him, chances are Pittsburg are going to get him, they are just lucky like that heh. imagine crosby and super mario playing together, that would fill the seats in pittsburg in a hurry
Link67
he was just trying to make gold with no regard to the sport at all how sad -.-

From what i just finished hearing on TSN, the cap is settled at around 34 -38 million, but revenue sharing will be in effect so it may go up depending on how much revenue is made for the league, if NHL had an extreme amount of revenue after the first season the cap price could move up to 48 or 49 million, cost certainty along with giving players a fair share of the pie, they should have thought of this a long time ago before it was too late mad

and on a previous post, Crosby in Atlanta? by the looks of it, since the draft order is not arranged they will probably do a lottery for the past 3 seasons, each time you missed the playoffs gives you a ball, if a team missed the playoffs for all 3 of the last seasons played they will have 3 shots at getting the first pick, if you made the playoffs every year or missed it once u get 1 ball, the better teams will have a much less chance of getting him, chances are Pittsburg are going to get him, they are just lucky like that heh. imagine crosby and super mario playing together, that would fill the seats in pittsburg in a hurry

That cap you mentioned was just another talk today. They haven't settled it yet or else the entire sport's forum would be filled with threads saying "HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!111shiftone111!" It's close but not finished up yet.

As for Crosby in Atlanta, he hasn't been drafted yet. If they do the old system he will end up in Washington. If they do the lottery its fair game for everyone. BUT the Maple Leafs supposably are trying to get him to sign before anyone can draft him. Everyone else has tried to get him but for some reason he is paying special attention to Toronto. As for Atlanta, they have a 1 in 30 some odd teams chance. Like I said before, I'd prefer not to see him there. For obvious reasons.
This person posted part of an interview that was about Sidney. They were interviewing his father and he said that if Sidney ends up in Toronto then he'll go, but he won't be happy about it. I'll try and dig it up if I can find it if you want
AKILLA
This person posted part of an interview that was about Sidney. They were interviewing his father and he said that if Sidney ends up in Toronto then he'll go, but he won't be happy about it. I'll try and dig it up if I can find it if you want

Thats interesting, I wonder why he is paying so much attention to them then. His agent sure does like the looks of Toronto and Sidney has been having alot of talks with them.. sweatdrop
Jasperoni
AKILLA

Thats interesting, I wonder why he is paying so much attention to them then. His agent sure does like the looks of Toronto and Sidney has been having alot of talks with them.. sweatdrop

Today I heard that Sidney and his agent have been talking with a swiss club, Lugano.
AKILLA
Jasperoni
AKILLA

Today I heard that Sidney and his agent have been talking with a swiss club, Lugano.

Now I know about that. Sidney is looking ahead incase the league gets locked out for another season. He doesn't want to get stuck in the QMJHL for another season. If he just focuses on the NHL and they lock it out again, all those NHL players will hold spots. This way he will have a team in Europe to play for if they lock the league out again. He wants to move up no matter what. So he is keeping his options open. There is no doubt he will play for an NHL team if they unlock it. So don't even worry about Europe, the only way he will play there is if they lock it out again. Like I said, he is just keeping his options open.
Jasperoni
AKILLA
Jasperoni
AKILLA

Now I know about that. Sidney is looking ahead incase the league gets locked out for another season. He doesn't want to get stuck in the QMJHL for another season. If he just focuses on the NHL and they lock it out again, all those NHL players will hold spots. This way he will have a team in Europe to play for if they lock the league out again. He wants to move up no matter what. So he is keeping his options open. There is no doubt he will play for an NHL team if they unlock it. So don't even worry about Europe, the only way he will play there is if they lock it out again. Like I said, he is just keeping his options open.

Sidney's a smart boy with the way he's having a back up plan incase they lock out again. As far as Sidney talking alot with his agent, his agent may be convincing him to go to Toronto because his agent prefers that team or that city... sometimes it's a mind game.
o snap am a skater biggrin
I don't have any clue what Pat Brisson (Sidney's agent) has in mind for him. Either way I'm sure he's doing good things or else he's would have been fired a long time ago.
Crosby wouldnt be thrilled about toronto because hes a die hard Habs fan, he wants to play in Montreal its always been his dream, Habs Already starting to get good again, if they got a hold of him they'd be set for awhile.

Suposedly a Swiss team is offering him 10 milllion dollar contract to play for them, his agent has already admit they're are actually talking, we'll have to see if he goes there or plays in the NHL, i cant see why they would consider it, your goal as a hockey player is to make the nhl, if he goes to europe then we can clearly say its all about the money not about the game stare
Link67
Crosby wouldnt be thrilled about toronto because hes a die hard Habs fan, he wants to play in Montreal its always been his dream, Habs Already starting to get good again, if they got a hold of him they'd be set for awhile.

Suposedly a Swiss team is offering him 10 milllion dollar contract to play for them, his agent has already admit they're are actually talking, we'll have to see if he goes there or plays in the NHL, i cant see why they would consider it, your goal as a hockey player is to make the nhl, if he goes to europe then we can clearly say its all about the money not about the game stare

You should really read what we have posted before you go making comments. The Swiss team is his back up plan incase the league gets locked out again. If the league gets locked out and he hasnt got his name out in the European leagues he will be stuck going back to the QMJHL. This way if there is another lock out he will scoop up a spot in Europe. He is just looking to his future. As for money, I don't see why he would be after the money. He has signed endorsement deals with Reebok and Gatorade. We are talking mega cash. I really don't think he is a greedy player. He is already a millionaire ten times over just from those endorsements.

As for Montreal, he hasn't made it clear who he wants to play for. If he wanted to play for Montreal he would have already signed with them. Every team in the NHL and AHL have given him offers to play for their teams. If he wanted to play in Montreal he would have signed a deal months ago and we wouldn't be talking about this.
Here is what his agent had to say in a couple of articles I've seen:

Quote:
"I can't deny that we've been in serious talks with Lugano," Brisson said Wednesday from Los Angeles. "It's a serious offer. We're keeping in mind that Sidney's goal is to play in the National Hockey League but we have to listen.

"Not knowing what the entry-level restrictions will be in the upcoming CBA, we need to cover our bases," Brisson added.

Quote:
"Our goal has always been to try and do what's right," Brisson said in an interview. "Sidney wants to play in the NHL, but we don't know if and when the deal's going to be announced. We don't know how the draft lottery will work. So it's logical for us to entertain offers and discuss them and see what's out there, especially with this team, which seems to be extremely interested in his services."
Meh, all that points to what I said. Lugano is his back up plan. 3nodding
Anyone here like the Toronto Maple Leafs?! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas