Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jasperoni
nabokovfan4ever
Jasperoni
nabokovfan4ever
bat_freek
Anyone here like the Toronto Maple Leafs?! heart

confused The Leaf fans are invading Gaia. I've seen several these past few days...

The noob level is rising rapidly. The Leaf fan level is rising rapidly also. Coincidence? I don't think so.

It's spelt Mario.. sweatdrop No one ever said he was so great, but he is on the front banner and he still is a pretty damn good hockey player. 3nodding

3nodding The noobs make me really want to leave the sports forum. They become to annoying.

As far as Mario goes, no one did say he was so great but you can't deny that he's good.

Hense why I created the GHG. I control the noob level, if it gets too bad they get banned. It's a private guild so only members can post. I like it alot, it's a controlled hockey talk environment. 3nodding

As for keep with the time, you need to keep with the times. Hockey is still around Sumpinkewl. Alot of stuff is still happening in the NHL even though it's locked out. I think your the one who needs to keep with the times.

I will withhold my flamming comments for now.And go back to my guilds cool
Alright, sounds good. 3nodding
Don't wanna waste my energy on someone who isnt going to be back anyway
Linkin Park316
Don't wanna waste my energy on someone who isnt going to be back anyway

Cause I scared em away. 3nodding
Hmm... Looks like the old thread, me and just a few others trying to keep the thing alive. xd
I think the round net idea is just rediculous.....the goaltender's pads are fine also.....in the US there is no way hockey can become as popular as baseball and football, they just gotta face that fact. They created teams way too quickly for the market and that has caused problems. Also adding to those problems are teams spending over 10 million on players...that increases the salaries for all of the players. Afterall why should somebody who gets 65 points in a season make 4 million less than somebody who records 70 points? Just like things always have, the scoring will turn itself around....remember the high scoring days of the 80s? It is a trend, those days will come back soon enough. Lets just hope that they dont ruin it before it even gets started again.
Well there are some new faces here sweatdrop
I like the New Jersey Devils
I have a question for you hockey guys: does it bother you that girls play hockey? Or not ony that, but that some of them are entering guy leagues? I play with my high school, and every few teams/schools have one girl, I think about seven or six in the whole high school league. Eh, so I was wondering if it may have bothered other guys.
isSatellite
I have a question for you hockey guys: does it bother you that girls play hockey? Or not ony that, but that some of them are entering guy leagues? I play with my high school, and every few teams/schools have one girl, I think about seven or six in the whole high school league. Eh, so I was wondering if it may have bothered other guys.

Nope it doesn't bother me. I just think if you're a girl and believe you can play hockey then go for it. I say that to anyone who wants to play hockey as long as they're willing to try hard and give their 100% at pratices, games, tournaments, etc; 3nodding
isSatellite

Doesnt bother me at all,as long as they arent the "Ohh I need a time out,I just broke a nail" which most girls that play don't

And I had a girl that was on our team that played D,one of the best D we had whee

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

hockeyguy20012
I think the round net idea is just rediculous.....the goaltender's pads are fine also.....in the US there is no way hockey can become as popular as baseball and football, they just gotta face that fact.

Hockey can get as popular as baseball. It'll take a lot to make it that way, but it's very possible. Football's untouchable though, and I think most hockey fans realize that.

Quote:
They created teams way too quickly for the market and that has caused problems.

Many of those teams (San Jose, Ottawa, Columbus, Minnesota) have been very successful in keeping a fanbase. There are a few that really need to go though.

Quote:
Also adding to those problems are teams spending over 10 million on players...that increases the salaries for all of the players. Afterall why should somebody who gets 65 points in a season make 4 million less than somebody who records 70 points?

That only really regards certain players (Yashin, Jagr, Bure) who gathered some very negative publicity and have underachieved since. It is a very real problem though.

Quote:
Just like things always have, the scoring will turn itself around....remember the high scoring days of the 80s? It is a trend, those days will come back soon enough. Lets just hope that they dont ruin it before it even gets started again.

I think that they need to find a way to nerf trap hockey first, and then eliminate the red line for two line pass rules. From there, I think hockey could do better... but they seriously need to find a good way to market it. Having Shania Twain talk down to people in commercials isn't a good way to win fans.
i am so not into the whole hockey thing anyway i do not like it

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

kertis66
i am so not into the whole hockey thing anyway i do not like it
Buzz off, you little brat.
Girls can play hockey if they want. Probably better than some of the guys out there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff