Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think cheerleading is a sport after watching these videos?

Yes 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 15 ]
No 0.61538461538462 61.5% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 39 ]
1 2 >

Distinct Genius

I believe I have to bust my a** alot more than a majority of people who participate in other sports...

Do these videos of me change your views on the sport of cheerleading?

Barton Citizen

I must say Wulfy, you move so gracefully. I've never seen a man move so elegantly. When I was in school out cheerleaders where all female and couldn't do have the stuff I saw in those clips. So it made me think...."Wow cheerleaders are so pointless" I can say you work harder then most female cheerleaders I've seen in my time. ^^
It is you memorize cheers and you learn moves, depending on the person. Some do moves in the air others do flips. sometimes it is group moves, that takes coordination.

Distinct Genius

FuR-FrEnZy
I must say Wulfy, you move so gracefully. I've never seen a man move so elegantly. When I was in school out cheerleaders where all female and couldn't do have the stuff I saw in those clips. So it made me think...."Wow cheerleaders are so pointless" I can say you work harder then most female cheerleaders I've seen in my time. ^^

Thanks! ^w^ But yeah, alot of the girls who attend my gym work almost as hard as I do..but I can say I guess I put in a little more effort than they do. xD

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
That is gymnastics. Gymnastics is an obvious sport. Gymnastics is NOT required to be a cheerleader.
You are an athlete because you are good at the sport of Gymnastics, not cheerleading.

Distinct Genius

Dr_Ribeiro
That is gymnastics. Gymnastics is an obvious sport. Gymnastics is NOT required to be a cheerleader.
You are an athlete because you are good at the sport of Gymnastics, not cheerleading.

Nope, I've never been a gymnast in my life.. All the skills i've learned are from cheerleading...not from gymnastics.

Barton Citizen

Cute Wulfy
FuR-FrEnZy

Thanks! ^w^ But yeah, alot of the girls who attend my gym work almost as hard as I do..but I can say I guess I put in a little more effort than they do. xD

I've noticed that they always make the poor dude do all the hard work. It's like he's only human too. Give him a break. :U

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
I've argued this plenty of times, this is what I think...
If you cheer and compete at cheer competitions and such, it is a sport.
If you cheer and only cheer on the sidelines and don't really compete at all, It is not a sport.

Dapper Prophet

the ignorance in this forum.
competitive cheerleading is sport just like football & bball.

Distinct Genius

Full Mount

THANK YOU.

Greedy Winner

Full Mount

How is it ignorant if we are saying what we think on if cheerleading is a sport or not? And just because something is competitive doesn't make it a sport, dumbass.

Distinct Genius

Drunken Filtch
Full Mount

How is it ignorant if we are saying what we think on if cheerleading is a sport or not? And just because something is competitive doesn't make it a sport, dumbass.

Care to share why you don't believe it's a sport?

Dapper Prophet

Drunken Filtch
Full Mount

Sport- An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

brb competing for trophies
brb practice multiple times a week
brb injuries
brb team with most points win
brb tournaments
brb requires muscle, skill, & finesse
brb brb brb

dumbass.

Hilarious Swapper

competitive is.
but not what my college or my hs did. that was just freaking I wanna be a cheerleader, but
and look cute, but not do anything.
There really is no definitive definition of what a real "sport" is or isn't, and I highly doubt everyone will ever agree on one definition.

But as far as the definition of a sport being a highly competitive display between two or more teams where a winner is defined by the highest degree of skill and physicality, in which the skill level is governed by sets of rules and expectations that each team must comply to to win, then yes, cheerleading fits every bit of criteria.

And for those who say that a sport requires a ball to be thrown, and goals scored, I AM the ball, and my base's goal is the ceiling. The only difference, is I weigh 115 pounds more than a football.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff