Welcome to Gaia! ::

Getting a broom ready for the Reds tonight in St. Louis...
Okay, lets try this question...Who was the first righty to collect 500 HRs?
Robingirl25
Okay, lets try this question...Who was the first righty to collect 500 HRs?

Jimmie Foxx... before you ask, here is how I arrive at it:
When Home Run and 1st are mentioned, the player that comes to mind frist is Ruth. Well, he's a leftie...Then, another HR hitter at that time was HR Baker, but he had 96 career HRs...Another powerful bat back then, at least of a guy who collected 500 HRs is Ott, who is, again, a lefty. So, that leaves us with the 1st righty to hit 50+ in a season, and the man who broke Ruth's 5-year reign as HR king in '32, Double X.
You want a TQ? Here's one:
Why was Cap Anson stripped of his title as the first player with 3000 hits in his career?

Professional Lunatic

The M's loast 2 - 3 crying

Poor Franklin.
Trinitus40
You want a TQ? Here's one:
Why was Cap Anson stripped of his title as the first player with 3000 hits in his career?

During the 1887 season, walks were counted as hits. He had 60 walks that season and ended his career after the 1897 season with 3,055 hits. A committee changed the rules of that season so that the could clean up the history of baseball.
Renzo Tace
IceStormV1
Renzo Tace
If you're gonna lose, lose big! xd Like smashing the Royals 16 to 3. I sure hope the M's saved some for the rest of the year. sweatdrop

Ah... good times.

You miss '01 like I do?

Yep, I do.

Dangit, after getting 16 runs last night, they only get 2 today. It's just not fair crying

Super Spirit

Hey does anybody know the final score for the Braves, and the Padres?

Professional Lunatic

IceStormV1
Renzo Tace
IceStormV1
Renzo Tace
If you're gonna lose, lose big! xd Like smashing the Royals 16 to 3. I sure hope the M's saved some for the rest of the year. sweatdrop

Ah... good times.

You miss '01 like I do?

Yep, I do.

Dangit, after getting 16 runs last night, they only get 2 today. It's just not fair crying

Franklin needs run support...The M's need to produce more runs come to think of it.... sweatdrop Pitching seems to be back on track, somewhat.
SS4gogeta1
D'backs

First of all--another friend ^_^

Second of all no one misses 2001 more than I do crying

The Braves beat the Padres 6-5 very nice bytheway^^

And for the shocker of the evening the D'backs won, they won oh such a great day for sports ^_^

Professional Lunatic

The D'back won?! Call the press!!! eek

xd Just messin' with you Stratus.
Renzo Tace
The D'back won?! Call the press!!! eek

xd Just messin' with you Stratus.

Seriously that's what I was like though--I was so expecting to cry about their loss but when I got on to the web site I saw the beautiful green numbers--green is such a better color than red^^
StratusFox
SS4gogeta1
D'backs

And for the shocker of the evening the D'backs won, they won oh such a great day for sports ^_^

I don't know if the shocker of the evening would be a D'backs victory. I would think that it was Gagne blowing his second save of the season against the Marlins. Not to mention that the winning run was LoDuca.
BrownPride87
StratusFox
SS4gogeta1
D'backs

I don't know if the shocker of the evening would be a D'backs victory. I would think that it was Gagne blowing his second save of the season against the Marlins. Not to mention that the winning run was LoDuca.

Wow I didn't know that--that's ups one up on my shocker--well the D'backs winning was more of a personal shocker 3nodding
Ah... interesting forum... So, I take it that we all just choose a team, and then just root for them?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff