Welcome to Gaia! ::

Informer

Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Is this Trialpay error what you get when Gaia feels like you have completed too many offers for the day? Because it feels like a cap on making Gaia cash. After so many offers I am no longer able to participate for the rest of the day.

This is just my input.

I use google chrome as my browser, windows vista 7.

Yeah, I have Chrome and Win7 as well. I don't think it's Gaia at all; I've heard directly from a TrialPay customer rep that their system locks you out when you try to access too many offers (though from my own experience, it only becomes a problem when I'm accessing more offers after having just completed one, and it's a problem of rate as well as quantity). Like I've said previously, I think it's a mechanism to deter fraud, but I still don't think this is the best way to handle it. And I've always needed to wait more than just the rest of the day for the system to reset.

Instead of deterring fraud it deters more business though! Each offer has it's own fail safe with questions that asks for a specific answer, as well as caption boxes. I wish Gaia would partner up with a different provider, I hate seeing offers that applies to be but I can't take advantage of them. Whether it be a monthly magazine, or a Netflix subscription : /
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Is this Trialpay error what you get when Gaia feels like you have completed too many offers for the day? Because it feels like a cap on making Gaia cash. After so many offers I am no longer able to participate for the rest of the day.

This is just my input.

Yeah, I have Chrome and Win7 as well. I don't think it's Gaia at all; I've heard directly from a TrialPay customer rep that their system locks you out when you try to access too many offers (though from my own experience, it only becomes a problem when I'm accessing more offers after having just completed one, and it's a problem of rate as well as quantity). Like I've said previously, I think it's a mechanism to deter fraud, but I still don't think this is the best way to handle it. And I've always needed to wait more than just the rest of the day for the system to reset.

Instead of deterring fraud it deters more business though! Each offer has it's own fail safe with questions that asks for a specific answer, as well as caption boxes. I wish Gaia would partner up with a different provider, I hate seeing offers that applies to be but I can't take advantage of them. Whether it be a monthly magazine, or a Netflix subscription : /

I agree! Not sure what you're talking about when you mention a failsafe. I do a lot of paid offers (and that's usually where the connection problem comes into play for me), so I was referring more to people canceling their purchases, etc. While constantly having to wait is annoying, I feel like TrialPay generally has more trustworthy offers than the old system (and credits more reliably); I'd never considered buying anything before TrialPay (and its inclusion of local deals) came along. (As for Netflix, I'm not sure you'd want to complete it anyway because I keep seeing complaints in the forum about how it doesn't credit.)

Informer

Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs

This is just my input.

I agree! Not sure what you're talking about when you mention a failsafe. I do a lot of paid offers (and that's usually where the connection problem comes into play for me), so I was referring more to people canceling their purchases, etc. While constantly having to wait is annoying, I feel like TrialPay generally has more trustworthy offers than the old system (and credits more reliably) I'd never considered buying anything before TrialPay (and its inclusion of local deals) came along. (As for Netflix, I'm not sure you'd want to complete it anyway because I keep seeing complaints in the forum about how it doesn't credit.)

I wasn't considering Netflix until recently, was going to make my own account so my mother didn't have to pay anymore. Was going to let her use mine instead of the other way around, and I figured I might as well get credit on Gaia as well if I was going to have a monthly subscription. Ugh how infuriating, glad you told me about this anyways. I don't know about Trialpay's credibility, I haven't been doing business with them for too long. However, I know when gaia had different providers I wasn't barred nearly as much when it came to doing other offers and purchases. Gaia is ever evolving, so I can only pray it doesn't last too much longer
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs

This is just my input.

I agree! Not sure what you're talking about when you mention a failsafe. I do a lot of paid offers (and that's usually where the connection problem comes into play for me), so I was referring more to people canceling their purchases, etc. While constantly having to wait is annoying, I feel like TrialPay generally has more trustworthy offers than the old system (and credits more reliably) I'd never considered buying anything before TrialPay (and its inclusion of local deals) came along. (As for Netflix, I'm not sure you'd want to complete it anyway because I keep seeing complaints in the forum about how it doesn't credit.)

I wasn't considering Netflix until recently, was going to make my own account so my mother didn't have to pay anymore. Was going to let her use mine instead of the other way around, and I figured I might as well get credit on Gaia as well if I was going to have a monthly subscription. Ugh how infuriating, glad you told me about this anyways. I don't know about Trialpay's credibility, I haven't been doing business with them for too long. However, I know when gaia had different providers I wasn't barred nearly as much when it came to doing other offers and purchases. Gaia is ever evolving, so I can only pray it doesn't last too much longer

I only returned from an extremely long hiatus a few months ago, so I only experienced the old system for a few weeks before the experiment with TrialPay began. However, I've been using TrialPay very frequently since the start, and I personally like it much better despite its faults. So you did paid offers under the old system? Did you have any issues, either security- or crediting-related, with them?

As for Netflix, if you were going to sign up anyway, you might as well do it through an offer, in case it does work without a hitch. I was just saying that you shouldn't do the free trial just for the GC.

Informer

Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs

This is just my input.

I only returned from an extremely long hiatus a few months ago, so I only experienced the old system for a few weeks before the experiment with TrialPay began. However, I've been using TrialPay very frequently since the start, and I personally like it much better despite its faults. So you did paid offers under the old system? Did you have any issues, either security- or crediting-related, with them?

As for Netflix, if you were going to sign up anyway, you might as well do it through an offer, in case it does work without a hitch. I was just saying that you shouldn't do the free trial just for the GC.

I always used Paypal, because I don't trust external sites to handle my banking information! emotion_yatta I only ordered small things, so no, I never had a problem that wasn't fixed by Gaia immediately. I mean, I did have a few pay out problems related to GAIA not giving me credit, but shipping and the products wise always arrived when they were due.
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs

I always used Paypal, because I don't trust external sites to handle my banking information! emotion_yatta I only ordered small things, so no, I never had a problem that wasn't fixed by Gaia immediately. I mean, I did have a few pay out problems related to GAIA not giving me credit, but shipping and the products wise always arrived when they were due.

Good to know, thanks! Not all of the shopping sites (especially the local deals) I've used on TrialPay worked with PayPal, but I can't remember what the relative proportions are... I haven't run into a situation where I was uncomfortable with entering my card information to make a purchase, though.

Informer

Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs

Good to know, thanks! Not all of the shopping sites (especially the local deals) I've used on TrialPay worked with PayPal, but I can't remember what the relative proportions are... I haven't run into a situation where I was uncomfortable with entering my card information to make a purchase, though.

I just don't throw my information out there, at least I know Paypal is a solid foundation, and I have someone to sue if s**t out of my bank account goes "Randomly" missing without my approval dramallama
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs
Razareil
Rectify Your Wrongs

I just don't throw my information out there, at least I know Paypal is a solid foundation, and I have someone to sue if s**t out of my bank account goes "Randomly" missing without my approval dramallama

I don't think any online transaction sites I've seen (besides Amazon and PayPal razz ) ask for your actual BANK information (as in your account number, etc.), so the only way that money can be misappropriated is through your credit/debit cards. And there you can contest charges you don't recognize with the credit card company or your bank, in the case of a debit card. I've never had to do this myself, but I've heard that credit card companies especially are very helpful because they don't want to lose your business.

Personally, I've adopted a more sanguine attitude. If even commercial giants like Sony can get hacked, it's only a matter of time before anything, even Amazon or PayPal, experiences a security breach because hackers only have to find one vulnerability (whether technological or human error-related). And then I always keep hearing about how criminals are modifying ATMs and other card-swipe locations to capture your information, crime rings where employees of physical stores steal your information when you go through checkout, people being able to intercept information sent over your encrypted WiFi network, the list goes on... So I figure it's going to happen at some point no matter what I do, and there's no point in having that risk dictate my actions. I take reasonable precautions in avoiding anything that's sketchy-looking or gives me a bad feeling, and just don't bother worrying about it with reputable websites. *shrug*
I'm wondering if perhaps different behaviors get you locked out for different lengths of time. After the two days of regular offer completion, waiting one calendar day was not enough to restore my access, but then waiting another calendar day after that was. So maybe the original lockout was supposed to be two calendar days, and then when I offended the system again by trying to access it too soon, it applied a normal (?) one-day lockout. (I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally click on anything in the list during the first lockout period.) I am uncertain if subsequent attempts to access offers or watch videos during that day after you've been locked out (or the timing of such attempts) affect this in any way. I am also uncertain if my account in their system has been flagged as a frequent offender or something like that. It really sucks that all of the non-video offers take hours to credit now, even the free ones. Argh, there's just too many variables! I wish TrialPay would be transparent and upfront about what their system does and doesn't allow, and indicate on the offers page if you are currently allowed or not allowed to access things before you click on anything.
Razareil
I'm wondering if perhaps different behaviors get you locked out for different lengths of time. After the two days of regular offer completion, waiting one calendar day was not enough to restore my access, but then waiting another calendar day after that was. So maybe the original lockout was supposed to be two calendar days, and then when I offended the system again by trying to access it too soon, it applied a normal (?) one-day lockout. (I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally click on anything in the list during the first lockout period.) I am uncertain if subsequent attempts to access offers or watch videos during that day after you've been locked out (or the timing of such attempts) affect this in any way. I am also uncertain if my account in their system has been flagged as a frequent offender or something like that. It really sucks that all of the non-video offers take hours to credit now, even the free ones. Argh, there's just too many variables! I wish TrialPay would be transparent and upfront about what their system does and doesn't allow, and indicate on the offers page if you are currently allowed or not allowed to access things before you click on anything.

Thank you for bringing our attention to this issue, and I am very sorry for any inconvenience or confusion you may have encountered when attempting to complete our partner offers. In order to assist you better regarding this issue, please contact us directly at generalsupport@trialpay.com with this post's URL link. This way, we can locate your account history with TrialPay and assist you with the issue at hand.Again, I am sorry for the trouble or confusion that you have experienced. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Amanda
TrialPay Customer Support
TrialPay Support
Razareil

Thank you for bringing our attention to this issue, and I am very sorry for any inconvenience or confusion you may have encountered when attempting to complete our partner offers. In order to assist you better regarding this issue, please contact us directly at generalsupport@trialpay.com with this post's URL link. This way, we can locate your account history with TrialPay and assist you with the issue at hand.Again, I am sorry for the trouble or confusion that you have experienced. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Amanda
TrialPay Customer Support

Oh hello, I didn't know there was now a TrialPay account on Gaia. Thank you for your concern, but from my previous correspondence with another customer service rep, there's nothing you can do about the lockouts. It's not related to any given offer but rather to the way your system works, which is stupid, not to put too fine of a point on it. This thread's purpose is simply to protest (mostly to Gaia for choosing you) how your system is structured, and how you cannot even clearly state how it works so those of us who are power-users know how to stay within permissible limits. Unless you can fix one or both of those things, you cannot help me or the others who have stopped by to voice their own dissatisfaction. But I appreciate the platitudes (and generally satisfactory responses on the occasions when I have had to contact customer support).
So 6-ish hours after the crediting of one paid offer is not long enough to allow you to access another paid offer. I'm also inclined to believe that issues with "too many" paid offers in a "short" time get you locked out for one day unavoidably, while if the problem is with free offers, it works again the next day.
I am very happy that "instantly" crediting TrialPay offers are now instantly crediting again at any time of the day or night, instead of half an hour to several hours later.

The lockout also manifests in a different way, which is that I will do one offer (I think this only happens with free ones), then wait an insufficient time (say, one hour), and then do another offer (it appears that this one can be either free or paid), and it's not until I try to access a third offer later in the same day (after enough time that there would normally be no problem) that I discover I'm locked out. But you wanna know something really good? The lockout ONLY keeps you from being redirected to the sponsor's website when you click through the offer wall. If you've already accessed that offer and copied the TrialPay-linked URL, then even after you're locked out, you can still paste that URL into a browser, do the offer, and get credit for it. Neat, isn't it?! I think the only limitation is that the offer still has to be available to you in the wall at the time. Yup, I'm sure they hate me now. twisted

Incidentally, waiting one day after my last lockout wasn't sufficient. Paid offers might still invoke two-day lockouts. I ended up waiting two days after that because there weren't any offers I was interested in doing immediately. Oh, and then Groupon was giving me a "you've already done this offer before" for a deal that I hadn't purchased, so I was freaking out about if Groupon only allows TrialPay promotions for some sort of introductory period, but now it's back to working again, thank goodness. The problem only persisted for that day.
Before they shut this forum down, I wanted to give a rundown of my success (and lack thereof) in doing TrialPay offers over the past month:

8/31 failed
9/3-4 failed
9/7-8 ok
9/9 failed
9/13-14 ok
9/16 failed
9/19-20 ok
9/21 ok
9/22-23 failed
9/26-28 ok
9/29 failed
10/2-today ok

After that workaround last month, they REALLY hated me, as you can tell from the fact that waiting two calendar days did not have the desired effect. It also seems that if you do enough offers per day (say, two), you can only access the offers for two days in a row (and the lockout seems to be two days). On the other hand, if you do two offers the first day and one offer the second day, it will still work on the third day. If you then do two offers on that third day, you're locked out on the fourth. Lately, I've been doing one offer a day, and I've had access for four days straight, a new record, though that might be partly because the offer I did on the first day didn't credit until I contacted customer support the next day. (If you're wondering, the two "ok" entries in a row are because I did too many of what I call minor offers, so it locked me out for the rest of the day, but only for the rest of the day. I tend to do more major offers, which the system takes more seriously--I suspect it's some combination of paid status, reward value, and sponsor identity--so my lockouts tend to be longer.)

You know, it's occurred to me that it's been like four months now. Wasn't this experiment only supposed to last a month or two? I'm afraid we're going to settle into this permanent situation by default rather than choice.

Sparkly Spirit

9,825 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Razareil
Before they shut this forum down, I wanted to give a rundown of my success (and lack thereof) in doing TrialPay offers over the past month:

8/31 failed
9/3-4 failed
9/7-8 ok
9/9 failed
9/13-14 ok
9/16 failed
9/19-20 ok
9/21 ok
9/22-23 failed
9/26-28 ok
9/29 failed
10/2-today ok

After that workaround last month, they REALLY hated me, as you can tell from the fact that waiting two calendar days did not have the desired effect. It also seems that if you do enough offers per day (say, two), you can only access the offers for two days in a row (and the lockout seems to be two days). On the other hand, if you do two offers the first day and one offer the second day, it will still work on the third day. If you then do two offers on that third day, you're locked out on the fourth. Lately, I've been doing one offer a day, and I've had access for four days straight, a new record, though that might be partly because the offer I did on the first day didn't credit until I contacted customer support the next day. (If you're wondering, the two "ok" entries in a row are because I did too many of what I call minor offers, so it locked me out for the rest of the day, but only for the rest of the day. I tend to do more major offers, which the system takes more seriously--I suspect it's some combination of paid status, reward value, and sponsor identity--so my lockouts tend to be longer.)

You know, it's occurred to me that it's been like four months now. Wasn't this experiment only supposed to last a month or two? I'm afraid we're going to settle into this permanent situation by default rather than choice.

Very interesting rundown on TrialPay and its many, many, many issues. I myself have had my share of problems with this company, including lockouts of up to a week in length. Yes, I have completed a lot of offers; I was under the impression that's why they were there, to complete them. It seems counterproductive for TrialPay to lock out users who complete offers and thereby give TrialPay the income that's generated from said offers.

Now I can't get TrialPay offers, any of them, to work at all. I get a "This URL is missing info" errors, including when I try to contact support. I suppose I could always try and email them directly, though I am already quite familiar with "Kelly" from TrialPay support and likely won't get anywhere.

I was more curious to know if anyone else has had the URL error, or if it's just me. I have long suspected that they'd flagged my account for high use, but this would be ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff