Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Lol, I remember way back when I was a newbie, I used my real number for an offer and literally within minutes of completing it, I get a text message about mortgage loans and then another text immediately afterward saying they will keep texting me until until I text back STOP! I couldn't freaking believe it! I got charged for receiving the texts as well as sending so when I texted back STOP I also included some very colorful adjectives.

P i i n k y P i e
xena91388
(it's ok, I delete images too xd )

I've started a thread against IPSOS, for this reason! See, I've noticed a very important detail. If you take their surveys from a link promising rewards like GC, they will question you, say you don't qualify, and kick you out! The only thing I fudge on my info is my name and email. (I use my mule e-mail to catch all the spam and I use my middle name as a first name and drop the last letter off my last name. My phone number is one number off my real one) Everything else I give is valid, the only way of proving otherwise is to run a background check which would be expensive and impractical for a survey company.

I guess one could argue they are screening me for "false information" but then why the heck do they ask me about freaking cereals and rock bands!?!?!

My biggest beefs with Peanut Labs are:

1) Doesn't let you report bad offers

2) Doesn't give a contact for info about unpaid GC

P i i n k y P i e
User Image

xena91388
I ALWAYS get rejected for surveys after half an hour of questions. Check out these screen shots from my last one where I DID qualify!

(Removed Image to save posting space in the quote, I'm sorry.)

It gets very irritating when this happens, I go through a half hour or more of completing their questions and didn't get what I was offered in exchange for my time, opinions and email address. Peanut Labs seems to never grant cash for the rare surveys that either I actually qualify for or the ones that are actually working and are not 'Currently Unavailable'. I always click 'Bad Experience' if it didn't grant my reward or that I didn't qualify for it and was kicked off the survey. lolUser Image

User Image

I think IPSOS is scammy too, they take all the info they want and leave you with nothing even after completing their survey. Normally I'm fine with getting nothing for my opinion, but I did it for a reward that time and didn't get anything from it, which is quite annoying. Now i've got spam from them that when I mark it as spam, it never stays marked as spam when another one comes in, it still goes straight to my inbox. Those things you've listed are also problems I'm having with Peanut Labs, I would LOVE to report a lot of bad and expired offers they have still up, but no, they don't 'allow' that. I'd also like to question them somehow about my missing G-Cash. I give mostly valid information and quit the survey if they ask for my tele/cellphone number. Sometimes, If I really wanted a certain amount of G-Cash, I'd give a number for a Rejection Hotline so they don't call and offer to sell me more junk over the phone. I one time had to threaten to report them for harassment if they didn't stop calling and trying to sell me something I didn't ask for. I'm okay with being harassed by snail-junk-mail, but I draw the line at random salesmen calling from their cellphones trying to sell me something at all hours of the day and night.User Image

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
P i i n k y P i e

I think it is kinda insulting that when they ask if someone's Hispanic or not that they automatically assume that they speak Spanish or a variation. I wonder why they put surveys for the Spanish-speaking/understanding target audience in the English-speaking survey list. ( Edit: maybe they're trying to get through to the bilingual community who speak both, lol, answered my own question.) I mostly get thrown out of surveys for the Hispanic thing, being 20[and younger] and not pregnant or considering children, being healthy, and also my location and brand preferences throw me off too. I haven't been able to once complete a survey here entirely since they always find a reason to kick me off. I love sharing my opinion, and sometimes it seems like they only care for the opinions of certain types of people. I wish surveys would just allow anyone to complete them sometimes, because if they really wanted someone's opinion, they wouldn't disqualify you so quickly. For me to qualify for a survey, I have to be a Diabetic pregnant woman, with Arthritis and loves to drink Dr Pepper.(Which I'm not.) What I think for the 'Are you Hispanic?' questions, they should replace it with 'Can you read/write/understand Spanish?' and at that point, (since as you said, they may ask questions about the Spanish-language channels and programs.) people could tell where the survey leads from there and either click yes or no from the options and either be approved or denied access from there. sweatdrop I'm sorry if my typing gets you confused, my thoughts are quite jumbled and scattered here and there today.User Image

Sometimes after the Hispanic question they then ask what language you speak at home and other places and I always answer "English Only" for all of them but the TV channel one still asked about the Spanish channels even after I answered that. I'm twenty four and I guess it's old enough to not get kicked out of the surveys, though I get denied from most of the videos that ask age. x_x I don't think I ever get kicked for my location which is Florida, but I get kicked all the time for not having kids and for being healthy. I hate the surveys that ask if you suffer from health issues with a passion. I don't suffer from anything, thankfully, but I wish I wouldn't get those surveys so often. Last night I got a survey that asked me if I was pregnant, then on the next page asked if I had any illnesses, one of which was erectile dysfunction. I couldn't help but think it would be hilarious if someone answered that they were pregnant and had erectile dysfunction as well. XD I so want to do that, but I don't want to get in trouble for lying on the survey. It's not worth getting banned from Gaia for the little bit of giggling I'd get out of it. If I ever come across that survey somewhere else outside of Gaia though, since I occasionally do surveys on other survey sites, I might just answer it like that, just to see if they kick me for obvious lying or anything.
god i hate the bitches who tell you you havent qualified. i wish i could tear my computer apart every time i see them. its really difficult to qualify for the surveys- perhaps because there are so many people (a lot of the surveys in cash offers are also offered on other site's cash offers) trying to do the same survey,

Tipsy Lover

I never qualify either, hahaa.

Makes me want to hurt somethingggg. Because i'll get past some questions and then it'll be like WHOOPS SORRY YOU NO QUALIFY
and then I'm like
RAGEQUIT

but yeah it's a pain.
:

5,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
For the survey and SotD, I've been qualifying for them ever since they came to gaia. However, I typically can do one of each a week rather than each day. I had a hard time getting the samplio.us to accept me but the survey head ones worked the best. However I had to skip some because they would have some that would be a sign up that asked for contact info. beyond an email address. No problem since it's rare that it ever happens.

Oh and I'm not Hispanic.

EDIT: Chances are you don't really qualify for an offer until after they ask for data for their demographic stats. IE, at the end of the survey.

Tipsy Lover

I'm hispanic and never qualify.
Might be my age, but i dunno. ;c

NeneEli's Partner In Crime

Versatile Man-Lover

32,990 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
I remember doing stupid newbie stuff like that too, I gave out my personal information on Neopets (which I thought was trustworthy of my name ad street address at the time.) when i was about thirteen or fourteen, I STILL get snailmail spam from that and it's been nearly eight years, lol. At least my paper-shredder never goes hungry, lol. I don't want people calling or texting me that I don't know, I send all the spam calls I would be getting to a rejection hotline now. Serves them right for trying to spam me. I hope they like getting an earful of 'Bible stories in 60 seconds'.User Image

xena91388
Lol, I remember way back when I was a newbie, I used my real number for an offer and literally within minutes of completing it, I get a text message about mortgage loans and then another text immediately afterward saying they will keep texting me until until I text back STOP! I couldn't freaking believe it! I got charged for receiving the texts as well as sending so when I texted back STOP I also included some very colorful adjectives.

P i i n k y P i e
xena91388
(it's ok, I delete images too xd )

I've started a thread against IPSOS, for this reason! See, I've noticed a very important detail. If you take their surveys from a link promising rewards like GC, they will question you, say you don't qualify, and kick you out! The only thing I fudge on my info is my name and email. (I use my mule e-mail to catch all the spam and I use my middle name as a first name and drop the last letter off my last name. My phone number is one number off my real one) Everything else I give is valid, the only way of proving otherwise is to run a background check which would be expensive and impractical for a survey company.

I guess one could argue they are screening me for "false information" but then why the heck do they ask me about freaking cereals and rock bands!?!?!

My biggest beefs with Peanut Labs are:

1) Doesn't let you report bad offers

2) Doesn't give a contact for info about unpaid GC

P i i n k y P i e
User Image

xena91388
I ALWAYS get rejected for surveys after half an hour of questions. Check out these screen shots from my last one where I DID qualify!

(Removed Image to save posting space in the quote, I'm sorry.)

It gets very irritating when this happens, I go through a half hour or more of completing their questions and didn't get what I was offered in exchange for my time, opinions and email address. Peanut Labs seems to never grant cash for the rare surveys that either I actually qualify for or the ones that are actually working and are not 'Currently Unavailable'. I always click 'Bad Experience' if it didn't grant my reward or that I didn't qualify for it and was kicked off the survey. lolUser Image

User Image

I think IPSOS is scammy too, they take all the info they want and leave you with nothing even after completing their survey. Normally I'm fine with getting nothing for my opinion, but I did it for a reward that time and didn't get anything from it, which is quite annoying. Now i've got spam from them that when I mark it as spam, it never stays marked as spam when another one comes in, it still goes straight to my inbox. Those things you've listed are also problems I'm having with Peanut Labs, I would LOVE to report a lot of bad and expired offers they have still up, but no, they don't 'allow' that. I'd also like to question them somehow about my missing G-Cash. I give mostly valid information and quit the survey if they ask for my tele/cellphone number. Sometimes, If I really wanted a certain amount of G-Cash, I'd give a number for a Rejection Hotline so they don't call and offer to sell me more junk over the phone. I one time had to threaten to report them for harassment if they didn't stop calling and trying to sell me something I didn't ask for. I'm okay with being harassed by snail-junk-mail, but I draw the line at random salesmen calling from their cellphones trying to sell me something at all hours of the day and night.User Image

Versatile Man-Lover

32,990 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Vickicat
P i i n k y P i e

I think it is kinda insulting that when they ask if someone's Hispanic or not that they automatically assume that they speak Spanish or a variation. I wonder why they put surveys for the Spanish-speaking/understanding target audience in the English-speaking survey list. ( Edit: maybe they're trying to get through to the bilingual community who speak both, lol, answered my own question.) I mostly get thrown out of surveys for the Hispanic thing, being 20[and younger] and not pregnant or considering children, being healthy, and also my location and brand preferences throw me off too. I haven't been able to once complete a survey here entirely since they always find a reason to kick me off. I love sharing my opinion, and sometimes it seems like they only care for the opinions of certain types of people. I wish surveys would just allow anyone to complete them sometimes, because if they really wanted someone's opinion, they wouldn't disqualify you so quickly. For me to qualify for a survey, I have to be a Diabetic pregnant woman, with Arthritis and loves to drink Dr Pepper.(Which I'm not.) What I think for the 'Are you Hispanic?' questions, they should replace it with 'Can you read/write/understand Spanish?' and at that point, (since as you said, they may ask questions about the Spanish-language channels and programs.) people could tell where the survey leads from there and either click yes or no from the options and either be approved or denied access from there. sweatdrop I'm sorry if my typing gets you confused, my thoughts are quite jumbled and scattered here and there today.User Image

Sometimes after the Hispanic question they then ask what language you speak at home and other places and I always answer "English Only" for all of them but the TV channel one still asked about the Spanish channels even after I answered that. I'm twenty four and I guess it's old enough to not get kicked out of the surveys, though I get denied from most of the videos that ask age. x_x I don't think I ever get kicked for my location which is Florida, but I get kicked all the time for not having kids and for being healthy. I hate the surveys that ask if you suffer from health issues with a passion. I don't suffer from anything, thankfully, but I wish I wouldn't get those surveys so often. Last night I got a survey that asked me if I was pregnant, then on the next page asked if I had any illnesses, one of which was erectile dysfunction. I couldn't help but think it would be hilarious if someone answered that they were pregnant and had erectile dysfunction as well. XD I so want to do that, but I don't want to get in trouble for lying on the survey. It's not worth getting banned from Gaia for the little bit of giggling I'd get out of it. If I ever come across that survey somewhere else outside of Gaia though, since I occasionally do surveys on other survey sites, I might just answer it like that, just to see if they kick me for obvious lying or anything.

I haven't come across those that ask my home-language yet, but I think it would be ignorant of them after clicking 'English Only' as your home-language to go on and ask about foreign channels and programs in other languages. I also always get kicked out of surveys for being too healthy, I never knew there was a such thing as 'too healthy'. For kicks, I might just try that 'Pregnant with ED' selections on one of the next surveys I try non-related to getting G-Cash to see what happens, lol. I'd probably get kicked for not taking the survey seriously though.User Image

Versatile Man-Lover

32,990 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Misplaced Sorrow
I'm hispanic and never qualify.
Might be my age, but i dunno. ;c

Some surveys have a minimum age requirement, for example some require the survey-taker to be eighteen (or at least say they are.) and others require or ask for ages between fourteen and seventeen for 'Teen' surveys. All surveys have some sort of requirement in order to prevent disqualification. I have come to the conclusion that as from a small-town, it's my location that is disqualifying me, along with being 'too healthy' and 'not pregnant enough' (not pregnant at all.) to qualify for some surveys also.User Image

Versatile Man-Lover

32,990 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
rubiestargurl
For the survey and SotD, I've been qualifying for them ever since they came to gaia. However, I typically can do one of each a week rather than each day. I had a hard time getting the samplio.us to accept me but the survey head ones worked the best. However I had to skip some because they would have some that would be a sign up that asked for contact info. beyond an email address. No problem since it's rare that it ever happens.

Oh and I'm not Hispanic.

EDIT: Chances are you don't really qualify for an offer until after they ask for data for their demographic stats. IE, at the end of the survey.

The surveys usually disqualify me AFTER they get the information they want out of me, which doesn't seem right. since afterward, I get nothing out of it. I don't mind getting nothing for doing surveys, but If I'm expecting something in return for doing the survey, I do expect to either get disqualified right away instead of them using me to get free survey information while giving absolutely nothing in return for it when they advertise that they are giving away something in return for the information given. I feel screwed over after I answer all of those many questions for fifteen minutes to only find out that I 'didn't qualify' and that they got all that information out of me for FREE. I've had the worst hassle with Peanut Labs recently, they NEVER grant what they say they do even after I do finish the survey or get to the results page after absolute endless pages of great offers, I still get nothing for them. It's irritating and a pain, but I've taken so many surveys (or tried to.) and I didn't get more than 185 G-Cash out of all of the ones that I've actually had granted to me. User Image

5,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
P i i n k y P i e
rubiestargurl

Oh and I'm not Hispanic.

The surveys usually disqualify me AFTER they get the information they want out of me, which doesn't seem right. since afterward, I get nothing out of it. I don't mind getting nothing for doing surveys, but If I'm expecting something in return for doing the survey, I do expect to either get disqualified right away instead of them using me to get free survey information while giving absolutely nothing in return for it when they advertise that they are giving away something in return for the information given. I feel screwed over after I answer all of those many questions for fifteen minutes to only find out that I 'didn't qualify' and that they got all that information out of me for FREE. I've had the worst hassle with Peanut Labs recently, they NEVER grant what they say they do even after I do finish the survey or get to the results page after absolute endless pages of great offers, I still get nothing for them. It's irritating and a pain, but I've taken so many surveys (or tried to.) and I didn't get more than 185 G-Cash out of all of the ones that I've actually had granted to me. User Image

I'm sorry to here that. Just wondering, what where the ones you did to get the 185 GC?

If it makes you feel better, even if they got the information from you, without the confirmation of the data (as a means of double checking I would think), the data the stole from you is worthless. After all, data with no context is useless.

I have been having trouble with Peanut as well. I like that they would give you some side GC for trying and yet I haven't gotten it yet :/

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Brandisher 100
beaded
god i hate the bitches who tell you you havent qualified. i wish i could tear my computer apart every time i see them. its really difficult to qualify for the surveys- perhaps because there are so many people (a lot of the surveys in cash offers are also offered on other site's cash offers) trying to do the same survey,

Seconded. Their smarmy, smug faces make me rage every time I see them. They make me rage SO HARD.

I've been tempted to print out that picture and throw darts at it/chew it to pieces/pin it to a pillow and punch it, but my poor printer paper doesn't deserve that.

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Roztomily
beaded

Seconded. Their smarmy, smug faces make me rage every time I see them. They make me rage SO HARD.

I've been tempted to print out that picture and throw darts at it/chew it to pieces/pin it to a pillow and punch it, but my poor printer paper doesn't deserve that.

You mean these bitches?

User Image

I hate them too. I don't think I have ever qualified for a survey on that particular site. I did finally qualify for a couple of surveys in the past few days on different sites. But never on that site. I am tired of seeing their faces, I actually groan every time I click an offer and it takes me to their site. Also, when I saved that picture, it was titled "fail" in the save as field, so that was already the name of the picture, I kid you not.

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Brandisher 100
Vickicat

You mean these bitches?

User Image

RAGEFROTHRAGEFROTHRAGEFROTH*cough*

Er, yes. The one on the right especially aggravates me for some reason.

Quote:
Also, when I saved that picture, it was titled "fail" in the save as field, so that was already the name of the picture, I kid you not.

That's brilliant, and so appropriate.

You're not missing much, though. I've managed to get through on maybe two of those surveys. They're really annoying and repetitive and looong. They tell you the survey will take 15 minutes and then they ask an hour worth of the same question repeated fifty times. I mean really, how often are you going to ask me essentially the same exact question? Unless you really, really care about whatever it is they're asking about, they're not worth the aggravation and "STFU!!!" that they cause.

And then you finish it and they don't credit you. Rage all around.

Tiny Crimester

I've never qualified for any of them either... I always thought it's because I don't live in the States, but now it's beginning to seem to me like they're just bitching.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff